• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Ennegram type

Kaiser

A member on this forum told me It was likely I was a 3w4. At first, it made sense; ambitious, huge goals and a little bit reserved. I want to make something of myself and dont want to feel worthless. Finally, something that I can relate to.
But they seem to be obsessed with their image. I can be kinda sloppy with how I dress, all my clothes don't fit perfect, I don't try to please others and fit their needs. I can be kind and charming, but that's something that everyone is capable off. And i dont really care that much what other think of me, except for those very close to me.
I have a lot of anger inside of me. Some time ago when I was in a dark place, I would literally seek conflict. Now I don't, but I'm not afraid to say when I don't agree or when something is done wrong. I'm physically weak so I'd easily get my ass kicked, but I'm not afraid of pain so I can confront people rather aggressively sometimes.
All these traits that I have make it pretty difficult to maintain a relationship with my depressed girlfriend, as you can imagine.
But what do I know? Maybe I am a 3 and just don't know enough about it. That's why I'm starting this thread, and I would appreciate it if someone could help me identify my ennegram type!

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I identify as a 3w4, so hopefully I can be of help. I can relate to a lot of what you said. I am definitely ambitious and a bit reserved with a big fear of being considered worthless. Being able to strongly relate to the core fear of worthlessness means that 3 is a big possibility as your core type.

I don't think that it's a necessity for 3s to be preoccupied with their clothing. I'm not always neat nor do I think I'm particularly "in fashion," I probably look stereotypically more like a 4 than a 3. I don't find that looking perfect is important for me to achieve success so I focus on other things.

Trying to "please others and fit their needs" I would say is more of a compliant triad thing (1, 2, 6) instead of 3 which is in the assertive triad. 3s sometimes please others to fit their own needs toward achievement. I've met quite a few independent 3s though who don't really bother or need to please others to get what they want.

I've read stuff about self-preservation 3s caring less about what others think of them than social/sexual 3s, and instead focusing on impressing a few select people, like those they trust and admire most. Maybe you're an sp dom?

I have a lot of anger inside of me. Some time ago when I was in a dark place, I would literally seek conflict. Now I don't, but I'm not afraid to say when I don't agree or when something is done wrong. I'm physically weak so I'd easily get my ass kicked, but I'm not afraid of pain so I can confront people rather aggressively sometimes.

This, however, I do not personally relate to. I actually think that a lot of my 3 kicks in: As much as I want to point out when people do something wrong, I know that I am physically weak and would probably get my ass kicked which would ruin my image, so I don't confront unless I find it very very important.

The gut triad (8, 9, 1) focuses more on anger so you should probably look more into that if it's a big issue of yours, mostly type 8. Sometimes 8s mistype as 3s so it's a possibility as well.