• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Do you have any experiences with 8-ish 2s?

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do they often deny that they are helpers because they'd see that as appearing to be people-pleasing?

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that the mum from Precious may be a 2w3 that disintegrated to a 8.

YouTube

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm a 2w3 with a strong 8 fix. It's not uncommon for someone to type me as 3 or 8 because of it.

I've never denied my e2 typing due to that perception of 2s. I do think there are a lot of 2s who mistype themselves (often as 6 or 9) because of how negatively 2s are portrayed though.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do think there are a lot of 2s who mistype themselves (often as 6 or 9) because of how negatively 2s are portrayed though.

Are you being serious? 2s are portrayed in a brilliant light like 4s and 5s. 1s, 3s, 6s and 8s are the ones that are painted in a bad light.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
2's aren't portrayed negatively. 3s and 8s often are though.

I agree that 2s and 8s also have negative portrayals but the poor summary of 2s as manipulative and needy enablers is absolutely a contributor to why 2s mistype as 6 and 9.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the poor summary of 2s as manipulative and needy enablers is absolutely a contributor to why 2s mistype as 6 and 9.
No. 2s are often seen a good light unless you read the unhealthy side of the type and it is the 6s and 9s that mistype as them.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No. 2s are often seen a good light unless you read the unhealthy side of the type and it is the 6s and 9s that mistype as them.

I disagree. There is a stigma against 2s and a preference towards 9s and 6s, despite the three types having a lot in common. You can even see it on the forum.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I disagree. There is a stigma against 2s and a preference towards 9s and 6s, despite the three types having a lot in common. You can even see it on the forum.

Well there may be here but everywhere else 2s are seen a good light. You can't pass of what happens here as a fact.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Well there may be here but everywhere else 2s are seen a good light. You can't pass of what happens here as a fact.

What happens here isn't 100% representative of everywhere, but my anecdote isn't disqualified because of that. How people type due to perceptions of a type within a typing community is a valid point to bring up. I didn't spend much time on there admittedly, but the preference for aligning with the e6 image over the e2 image was apparent there too. I don't know a typology community that doesn't put more stock in 6s than 2s-- or a typology community that isn't underrepresented in e2s because of it.

Edit: There being Personality Cafe, my bad

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Do they often deny that they are helpers because they'd see that as appearing to be people-pleasing?

No. In my experience they use the people pleasing as ammo to guilt trip or to convince others that their self-sacrifice is 100% real and not a front for manipulative behavior. Yes the 2 I know is unhealthy and pathetic and angry but 2's are seen as spineless and repulsive, not a brilliant light at all around here.

Black Sun

I know a 2w3 at a lower level of health that enjoys intimidating and controlling people (especially emotionally). They are arrogant about their perceived strength and can't take criticism about how unreasonable and emotional they can get. Criticism a lot of the times causes anger, rage, or a depressed and sulky mood. They also get angry and unpleasant if you don't feed them emotionally in the exact way they want you to after they did something for you that you didn't want or need (unnecessary gifts, boundary crossing affection, unneeded compliments, jumping at any opportunity to fulfill a need in your life). They do exactly what op mentioned and try to present this self-sufficient and emotionally independent image that is see through because they are always trying to be involved in someone else's life. They mostly get their sense of self from their interactions with others.
Typical 2-->8 stuff