• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] How the types insult (based on my observations)

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1 - Their insults tend to be based on your impurity. (ex: I knew you were a wrong'un from the get-go.)
2 - Their insults tend to be based on your likeability. (ex: You do know that everyone secretly hates you, right?)
3 - Their insults tend to be based on your worth. (ex: Once a no-mark, always a no-mark.)
4 - Their insults tend to be based on your simplicity. (ex: I wouldn't expect a simpleton like you to understand.)
5 - Their insults tend to be based on your expertise. (ex: Just stick to your colouring books because I got this.)
6 - Their insults tend to be based on your dependability. (ex: I know not to count on you for anything.)
7 - Their insults tend to be based on your uptightness. (ex: You're such a killjoy!)
8 - Their insults tend to be based on your endurance. (ex: You wouldn't last two minutes in the wilderness.)
9 - Their insults tend to be based on your chaos. (ex: You suck the life out of me!)

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol, fun... i lean towards insulting competence/logic, though i take more fault with social ineptitude and moral bankruptcy... however, most of the time i prefer to keep my critical thoughts to myself...

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I relate to this, although I also do the 4 kind of insults, and once in a while 5. But I have a strong wing and relation to the competency triad anyway.

The list is also quite accurate for other people from whom I've heard insults.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I relate to this, although I also do the 4 kind of insults.
I've personally seen my 3w4 dad use the 4-ish insult sometimes too. This could also be a wing identifier for an unhealthy person.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Can’t rel8. (HAA)

I rarely insult people, least of all in that manner. If someone makes me angry I just refuse to acknowledge thier existence. They hate that.

On the rare event that I do lose my temper I just find their obvious weak-point and go for the kill-shot.

Last edited:

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If someone makes me angry I just refuse to acknowledge thier existence. They hate that.

I need to try that!

On the rare event that I do lose my temper I just find thierobvioys weak-point and go for the kill-shot.
Same.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I would never insult someone based on their "simpleness", but that doesn't mean I don't internally assess/judge that way.

I'm not one much for insults, but historically, I tended to go for the jugular (an individual's hidden internal Achilles heel). It's usually something the person ACTUALLY needs to work on.

I prefer to stick to logical argument in real life with a focus on trying to get the other person to see my point of view. Agreeing to disagree is always fine too, as long as honesty and respect are present within reason.

rav3n

Nah. The 8 insult sounds more 3, the insulting of competence.

My insults range far and wide, lol.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I would never insult someone based on their "simpleness", but that doesn't mean I don't internally assess/judge that way.

I'm not one much for insults, but historically, I tended to go for the jugular (an individual's hidden internal Achilles heel). It's usually something the person ACTUALLY needs to work on.

I prefer to stick to logical argument in real life with a focus on trying to get the other person to see my point of view. Agreeing to disagree is always fine too, as long as honesty and respect are present within reason.

This is typically how I argue in heated disputes, or heck, even in much more mild situations. I tend to talk "Te", giving my ideas and reasons why it makes the most logical sense, but, if anyone is familiar with the MBTI and cognitive functions, they'd easily see the values placed behind my arguments, directing my thought process and stance on things. To the typical person, I might not sound emotional?? I'm not too sure as I don't often analyze how I come across to others, but the reverse.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmmm. I do a mix of all of them, depending on what it is I'm not okay with. Though it's more criticizing ...

If you've got me to the point where I start insulting you, well, I can assure you the other one pushed me to do it. I normally don't use insults against others because I find them to be simply counterproductive. So it rarely, rarely comes to me insulting someone.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
This is typically how I argue in heated disputes, or heck, even in much more mild situations. I tend to talk "Te", giving my ideas and reasons why it makes the most logical sense, but, if anyone is familiar with the MBTI and cognitive functions, they'd easily see the values placed behind my arguments, directing my thought process and stance on things. To the typical person, I might not sound emotional?? I'm not too sure as I don't often analyze how I come across to others, but the reverse.

I think when I do this, I either sound more angry than I actually am, which throws people off and puts them on the defensive, or I seem more detached/irritated.

I always get over it pretty quickly though.

I have my own list (how very 4 of me :rock:). I’ve got three levels of insults (not arguments because I can argue without resorting to them if I’m insulting you I feel I’ve already been insulted by you)

1. Basic insults because I’m mildly annoyed or don’t know you well.

2. I’ll attack your character flaws if I’m truly angry and I know you well.

3. DEFCON 1 all options are on the table and I know our friendship/relationship is terminated. I’ll fire off every single flaw you possess and access my database for all historically relevant information (your most vulnerable points and the incidents that caused them) and throttle you with it. Fortunately it rarely gets to this level and you would have to be the one to initiate such a vicious attack that I’ve turned the key and launched everything I’ve got. If we simply have a falling out or have grown apart I’ll just quietly walk away instead.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If I resort to insults it’s usually based on competency.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I resort to insults it’s usually based on competency.
This. I will also go after character flaws like lying, irresponsibility, or betraying trust. These are all serious business, though. My everyday insults usually take the form of sarcasm, and the target frequently doesn't even realize they have been insulted. Well worth it when onlookers do.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't look to "insult" people, though I may be insulted by somebody's actions and be vocal about it. If I really dislike somebody, they become a nonperson in my eyes, just another piece of flotsam.