• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] How the types insult (based on my observations)

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"You fucking fuck" is how I insult people. Ok, not really but didn't that sound good?

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
More than a decade ago, in those rare occasions someone could make me angry, only belligerent bullies could harvest my wrath in flesh. I used to shut them down by summoning their profound stupidity and injustice, taking down their arguments in an acrimonious rebuttal, and it sounded like a one-sided roasting contest, a hellish retribution, as if Earth was about to be swallowed in flames for their affront.

It was the Enneagram 8's "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" apophthegm. An immediate impusle for revenge.
In my arsenal, that cold rage was my go-to weapon in case of emergency. I used to indulge in a twisted pleasure while smiting my foes down, but only because I didn't know better.

Instead of just teach these bullies a lesson, how to respect others and be tolerant, though they did, they've also become afraid, and they felt less than nothing, their ego crushed. Someone would say "That should teach them". Maybe they are pricks, but I didn't want it to go that far. It proved that most of the barking dogs who delight in insulting others can't take it and don't have a backbone.

Nowadays, I can control my aboriginal and contagious calmness to expand its horizons further, even within mindfields of vitriolic and inane drama, diffusing situations confidently and with poise. Maybe I'll use them in a playful way, but no need for damaging insults.

If anything, especially when the intent is to hurt someone, Insults are a weakness. They only reveal our bitterness, deficiency and actually say more about ourselves than about the other person.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Edit (shut up I can do it this way): I have definitely insulted others (mostly internet folks) whom I perceived to be small-minded and willingly ignorant for being simple, but only the assholes who spread their hatred like manure on a beautiful field. I consider myself a truth speaker and defender of others.

brainheart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have zero tolerance for fake. I think 4 (esp fi-dom 4w5) is more focused on authenticity than being unique/special. Any criticism I launch tends to be more about someone being fake/doing things for superficial reasons.

Oh, and if they're proudly ignorant. The five in me really struggles with people not wanting to learn about things.

I know people tend to notice the most the flaws that they fear are within themselves, though, so I try not to criticize because I don't want the same criticisms launched against me--and I don't want to be a jerk.

What I've gotten directed at me the most is:
You're such an elitist snob.
What makes you think you're so special?
You're so selfish, full of yourself.
You think you're so smart.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This does make me feel bad sometimes, but my insults center around the person's competency or intelligence, but mostly on their competency.
I get very harsh when deviations happen, especially when there are clear guidelines / protocol.

Even so, I try not insult, but convey them as criticisms on the person's actual shortcomings / misdeeds.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
8 - Their insults tend to be based on your endurance. (ex: You wouldn't last two minutes in the wilderness.)

That's only an insult if you want to survive in the wilderness. I prefer the city.

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I do them all depending on person or the situation and how this person is acting, not for the sake of insult but to open their eyes on the problem. I don't usualy 'insult' people, but maybe pushing their weak point into their sight zone so they would see that no place for arrogance exists.
E.g I do the 9 with my ENFP friends for fun.

Did that sound intence ? :D hope not.
I accidentally use the 'impurity' insult with ESFPs when I'm not even trying to insult anyone. Actually I initially intend to get closer and know them better. Lol just some awkward misfortune that I have.

I think 7s keep insulting me lol. Nice work , this list is awesome.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I try not to insult anyone, and give them the benefit of the doubt. I try to see different perspectives, but if I catch you in a certain obvious flaw. I will call it out when I am getting irritated by your fallacious arguments.

Jaguar

8 - Their insults tend to be based on your endurance. (ex: You wouldn't last two minutes in the wilderness.)

The wilderness? Endurance? I couldn't care less. I'm not a chest-beating gorilla.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

The wilderness? Endurance? I couldn't care less. I'm not a chest-beating gorilla.

It was an example and I meant that they insult based on someone's lack of strength.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've personally seen my 3w4 dad use the 4-ish insult sometimes too. This could also be a wing identifier for an unhealthy person.

I have no idea why I said this. I thought you meant the 2 insult since he's a 3w2.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
1 - Their insults tend to be based on your impurity. (ex: I knew you were a wrong'un from the get-go.)
2 - Their insults tend to be based on your likeability. (ex: You do know that everyone secretly hates you, right?)
3 - Their insults tend to be based on your worth. (ex: Once a no-mark, always a no-mark.)
4 - Their insults tend to be based on your simplicity. (ex: I wouldn't expect a simpleton like you to understand.)
5 - Their insults tend to be based on your expertise. (ex: Just stick to your colouring books because I got this.)
6 - Their insults tend to be based on your dependability. (ex: I know not to count on you for anything.)
7 - Their insults tend to be based on your uptightness. (ex: You're such a killjoy!)
9 - Their insults tend to be based on your chaos. (ex: You suck the life out of me!)

I use all of these depending on the person and situation. Or have them removed from the vicinity because many times speaking is more effort than I want to exhaust on them.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I don't insult. I don't want anyone else having that kind of control over my emotions. If I don't control them, I am vulnerable to someone else controlling them. Furthermore, it's not conducive to a solution. Whenever someone provokes me, when I "zoom out" and look at us, there's just no point where I go, "yeah, if I insult this person this way, it's really going to bring it back into the mutually peaceful realm so wonderfully!" I mean...just...no...
So I haven't yelled at anyone in years, and I don't remember the last time I insulted anyone, either, even when I have had them yelling at me and trying to be emotionally manipulative.