• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Your house and your Enneagram type

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As a 5, if I lived alone, I think that it would be largely accurate. About the only things hanging on the walls would be my medieval arms collection. My wife has most of the say in house décor though, as I simply don't feel strongly enough to argue about it. If it makes her happy, I am happy to oblige. One of these days I need to get her to take an enneagram test.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Minimalist (black and white) with big TV, huge sofa and computer it will be my design. Mostly mix 1 and 8. :D

Something like... 3 stages. :D

fd63c64110a2d4408393d9639767afb3.jpg

minimal-living-room-design-modern-minimalist-television-wall-small-apartment.jpg

5c869582c9b243aee4e087fad49d5711.jpg

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The 5 didn't resonate much for me. While it's true that I've never actually bought much furniture, being perfectly content with used pieces that friends/family were getting rid of - I'm pretty sure the only pieces I've bought new were bookcases - I have either painted/refinished it or sewn new covers to make it fit in with my decor. I suppose overall it might be described as bohemian, which is mentioned under type 4's description.

And I'm guilty of hoarding books. I have piles of books all over. I even have a totebag of books in the back of my car. I'd thought it was the e5 in me (afraid that if I get rid of the book, I'll lose the information contained in it - as if they're a bunch of external memory drives ...which they kinda are).

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Could not possibly be further from the truth....unless maybe could syat hat what I WANT is clutter-free space?
( Enneagram 8)

The only thing I hate more than excess is showing off ( or even the very concept of) value through material possessions. It disgust me to walk into a home-usually my nerd friends- cluttered with collections of crap no one needs.

I do like nice, quality things though. If I am going to have something I want to be worth the space it is taking up and I want it to last.

For ex I love the 1st picture which Norexan shared but the third one makes to want to vomit; too much, too gaudy.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mine is a mix of 2, 4, a dash of 6, and 9. Basically, anti-minimalist but very personalized (though no people photos other than on my fridge) with lots of colors and lots on the walls. I dislike clutter and mess but the vibe is warm and anti-minimalist. Style wise I have unique things I've picked up over the years or that I've made, and I do like textures and fabrics and rugs and such.

This is an example-

rdL4CH7.jpg

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Type 8's are expansive, assertive, confrontational, decisive, willful and self-confident. Their life motto is to 'go big or go home' and their home reflects that sentiment.

Since they believe in both working hard and playing hard, their abodes usually have the best of everything. They have the biggest TV's, the lushest furniture, homes that are either in the most sought after locations or that are physically huge.

A lot of what is in their homes are things they bought just because they wanted to. Items that are the biggest and best they could afford. They take tremendous pride in their objects, as they are a direct reflection of their hard work, perseverance, and independence.

Whatever it is they want, whether it be toys or creature comforts, they won't deny it for themselves.

Much of this is true. Big TV - yes. Lush furniture - sure I have some higher end things but I have many IKEA items/hacks in my house too. My house is not the biggest thing on my street at all - 4 br, 3 bath, walk out basement but it is waterfront. I lean towards transitional/Scandinavian decorating styles (slightly warmer colors), clean lines, comfortable with as little clutter as possible. I also like mixing some North African/Persian/Turkish elements which is easily done with the neutrals.

sunnmoren1.jpg

wooden-handcrafted-wardrobe-pouff.jpg

a5a4eff97faebbd79dd9441d74ee9a80.jpg

Definitely more reflective of my 5 wing than my 4. It’s still mostly spartan (minimalist and functional). The funny thing is I have had lots of artwork still packed away yet never brought out after I moved here six years ago. Only now am I starting to give this place a lived in feel to it.

á´…eparted

passages
This is just a bunch poorly thought out drivvel based on old tired enneagram stereotypes. Not much better than tabloid astrology forecasts.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do not feel the need to get the biggest and best things... I KNOW that I'm awesome and feel no need to have to prove it with things

I do tend to buy what I want though because I want it :unsure:

anime_nature

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I mean...

*looks around room cause I don't own my own house*

Yeah, no... I don't think a bland desk with a bland chair as well as random cups, papers, and pencils all over the room matches the Type 4 room.
Then again, that type of house setup does seem like something I'll use if the room was ever clean and new...

Metis

Minimalist (black and white) with big TV, huge sofa and computer it will be my design. Mostly mix 1 and 8. :D

Something like... 3 stages. :D

fd63c64110a2d4408393d9639767afb3.jpg

minimal-living-room-design-modern-minimalist-television-wall-small-apartment.jpg

5c869582c9b243aee4e087fad49d5711.jpg

The last one is pretty. You're hosting the TypoC holiday party this year, Norexan.

Much of this is true. Big TV - yes. Lush furniture - sure I have some higher end things but I have many IKEA items/hacks in my house too. My house is not the biggest thing on my street at all - 4 br, 3 bath, walk out basement but it is waterfront. I lean towards transitional/Scandinavian decorating styles (slightly warmer colors), clean lines, comfortable with as little clutter as possible. I also like mixing some North African/Persian/Turkish elements which is easily done with the neutrals.

sunnmoren1.jpg

wooden-handcrafted-wardrobe-pouff.jpg

a5a4eff97faebbd79dd9441d74ee9a80.jpg

That's beautiful.

Metis

Messy Room
by Shel Silverstein

Whosever room this is should be ashamed!
His underwear is hanging on the lamp.
His raincoat is there in the overstuffed chair,
And the chair is becoming quite mucky and damp.
His workbook is wedged in the window,
His sweater’s been thrown on the floor.
His scarf and one ski are beneath the TV,
And his pants have been carelessly hung on the door.
His books are all jammed in the closet,
His vest has been left in the hall.
A lizard named Ed is asleep in his bed,
And his smelly old sock has been stuck to the wall.
Whosever room this is should be ashamed!
Donald or Robert or Willie or–
Huh? You say it’s mine? Oh, dear,
I knew it looked familiar!

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
According to this, I am type 7. Eh, probably not too far off I suppose

devaf

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If this is as accurate as tabloid astrology drivel, I just may start reading that too, lol. Its a pretty good piece. Seems our home is a mix of 2 (I type my wife as a 2) & 8. I just went through all the descriptions and except for one thing in each, everything else is correct. My type 2 wife chose rectangular furniture and not rounded pieces, and we do not have a TV.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Doesn't fit for me. I don't bother much with making my house look aesthetic just because other people don't visit it.