User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Enneagram

  1. #1
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,804

    Default Enneagram

    1, 3 and 6 are actually the same type.
    2 and 4 are actually the same type.
    5 and 9 are actually the same type.

  2. #2
    Haunted Echoes Red Memories's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    215 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wailing Specter View Post
    1, 3 and 6 are actually the same type.
    2 and 4 are actually the same type.
    5 and 9 are actually the same type.
    1 and 3 are very different...and so is 6...3 may compare to 6 some but I cannot see E1 here at all. I am E1 and do not relate to E3.

    2 and 4 are not the same, I would argue they may respond differently to a related fear but not the same.

    5 and 9 are also quite different.


    After all,
    How can you run from what is inside of you?

  3. #3
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Winter Dream View Post
    1 and 3 are very different...and so is 6...3 may compare to 6 some but I cannot see E1 here at all. I am E1 and do not relate to E3.

    2 and 4 are not the same, I would argue they may respond differently to a related fear but not the same.

    5 and 9 are also quite different.
    1 is devoting itself to an ideal or group and if that ideal or group is ever proven to the person to not be worth devoting themselves to, they start acting more like sixes.

  4. #4
    Mind Wanderer Zeego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IxI Ni
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wailing Specter View Post
    1, 3 and 6 are actually the same type.
    2 and 4 are actually the same type.
    5 and 9 are actually the same type.
    So now there's 5 types:

    • 1/3/6
    • 2/4
    • 5/9
    • 7
    • 8


    Interesting. I could even see a case being made for 7 and 8 being the same type by this logic, bringing the types down to 4. You might have the groundwork for an entirely new typology system here...
    INTP
    ILI or IEI
    5w4 - 9w1 - 4w5 sp/sx
    MelPhleg

    Johari | Nohari
    Likes Avocado liked this post

  5. #5
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeego View Post
    So now there's 5 types:

    • 1/3/6
    • 2/4
    • 5/9
    • 7
    • 8


    Interesting. I could even see a case being made for 7 and 8 being the same type by this logic, bringing the types down to 4. You might have the groundwork for an entirely new typology system here...
    I see it too. They both resent restrictions on their freedom, ect.

  6. #6
    Senior Member misfortuneteller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wailing Specter View Post
    5 and 9 are actually the same type.
    Can you explain this? I feel like I oddly have a lot of 5 traits while clearly not being a 5 or a 5 winger. I heard that it's cause the 9w8's 8 wing may disintregrate to a 5 sometimes which is bizarre but interesting.
    Likes Avocado liked this post

  7. #7
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misfortuneteller View Post
    Can you explain this? I feel like I oddly have a lot of 5 traits while clearly not being a 5 or a 5 winger. I heard that it's cause the 9w8's 8 wing may disintregrate to a 5 sometimes which is bizarre but interesting.
    Short, oversimplified answer:

    Both are passive observers.
    Likes misfortuneteller liked this post

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wailing Specter View Post
    1, 3 and 6 are actually the same type.
    2 and 4 are actually the same type.
    5 and 9 are actually the same type.
    I am a four a the two types I relate to the least are 2 and 8. So definitely no.
    "Time makes us sentimental. Perhaps, in the end, it is because of time that we suffer."

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misfortuneteller View Post
    Can you explain this? I feel like I oddly have a lot of 5 traits while clearly not being a 5 or a 5 winger. I heard that it's cause the 9w8's 8 wing may disintregrate to a 5 sometimes which is bizarre but interesting.
    Can't that be a 5 fix? My strongest fix in a tritype is a 7 and I have a lot of their traits too.
    "Time makes us sentimental. Perhaps, in the end, it is because of time that we suffer."

  10. #10
    Senior Member misfortuneteller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fay View Post
    Can't that be a 5 fix? My strongest fix in a tritype is a 7 and I have a lot of their traits too.
    I don't believe in tritype.
    Likes Fluffywolf liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [Enne] Your enneagram type
    By Maverick in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 579
    Last Post: 10-07-2020, 08:45 AM
  2. [Enneagram] Everything Enneagram by Susan Reynolds
    By LonestarCowgirl in forum Typology and Psychology Book Reviews
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-14-2015, 05:40 AM
  3. [Enneagram] The Enneagram - Understanding Yourself and Others in Your Life (Helen Palmer)
    By highlander in forum Typology and Psychology Book Reviews
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-08-2014, 09:01 PM
  4. [Enneagram] The Wisdom of the Enneagram (Riso and Hudson)
    By highlander in forum Typology and Psychology Book Reviews
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2014, 09:11 AM
  5. [Enneagram] Enneagram Instinctual Subtypes
    By highlander in forum Typology and Psychology Book Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2014, 08:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO