• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Enneagram

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1, 3 and 6 are actually the same type.
2 and 4 are actually the same type.
5 and 9 are actually the same type.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

1 and 3 are very different...and so is 6...3 may compare to 6 some but I cannot see E1 here at all. I am E1 and do not relate to E3.

2 and 4 are not the same, I would argue they may respond differently to a related fear but not the same.

5 and 9 are also quite different.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1 and 3 are very different...and so is 6...3 may compare to 6 some but I cannot see E1 here at all. I am E1 and do not relate to E3.

2 and 4 are not the same, I would argue they may respond differently to a related fear but not the same.

5 and 9 are also quite different.

1 is devoting itself to an ideal or group and if that ideal or group is ever proven to the person to not be worth devoting themselves to, they start acting more like sixes.

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

So now there's 5 types:

• 1/3/6
  • 2/4
  • 5/9

Interesting. I could even see a case being made for 7 and 8 being the same type by this logic, bringing the types down to 4. You might have the groundwork for an entirely new typology system here...

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So now there's 5 types:

• 1/3/6
  • 2/4
  • 5/9

Interesting. I could even see a case being made for 7 and 8 being the same type by this logic, bringing the types down to 4. You might have the groundwork for an entirely new typology system here...

I see it too. They both resent restrictions on their freedom, ect.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Can you explain this? I feel like I oddly have a lot of 5 traits while clearly not being a 5 or a 5 winger. I heard that it's cause the 9w8's 8 wing may disintregrate to a 5 sometimes which is bizarre but interesting.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Can you explain this? I feel like I oddly have a lot of 5 traits while clearly not being a 5 or a 5 winger. I heard that it's cause the 9w8's 8 wing may disintregrate to a 5 sometimes which is bizarre but interesting.

Short, oversimplified answer:

Both are passive observers.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Can't that be a 5 fix? My strongest fix in a tritype is a 7 and I have a lot of their traits too.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

While we're at it we might as well just whittle the 16 mbti types down to 8 or maybe even 4, or heck, even 2, and call it a day. :yes:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
While we're at it we might as well just whittle the 16 mbti types down to 8 or maybe even 4, or heck, even 2, and call it a day. :yes:

MBTI is flawed and outdated. I really prefer OCEAN. It does away with type dynamics (which was broken) and instead focuses on 5 traits which are scored against the average person in the population. A person with 50 in every category is the average for the area or the world, depending on the frame of reference.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
MBTI is flawed and outdated. I really prefer OCEAN. It does away with type dynamics (which was broken) and instead focuses on 5 traits which are scored against the average person in the population. A person with 50 in every category is the average for the area or the world, depending on the frame of reference.

Personally I tend to agree, in the sense that mbti doesn't have any universal agreement in how one is typed. It's not metric-based. Hmm, actually to state this better, the way we talk it about it on the forum is very loose and undefined, or rather, there's nothing metric-based in how type is determined on the forum; in the 'real world' where all most people know about it is facebook, Humanmetrics, or Hello Quizzy type tests, those dichotomies are pretty well defined - and it's in that defined world that I'm borderline on several types. (We type on the forum differently from how it's used by most people)

I do however enjoy using the mbti concepts to understand high-level differences between people, though. :yes:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Personally I tend to agree, in the sense that mbti doesn't have any universal agreement in how one is typed. It's not metric-based. Hmm, actually to state this better, the way we talk it about it on the forum is very loose and undefined, or rather, there's nothing metric-based in how type is determined on the forum; in the 'real world' where all most people know about it is facebook, Humanmetrics, or Hello Quizzy type tests, those dichotomies are pretty well defined - and it's in that defined world that I'm borderline on several types. (We type on the forum differently from how it's used by most people)

I do however enjoy using the mbti concepts to understand high-level differences between people, though. :yes:

Hell, I’m a hedonistic egoistic atheist nihilist...I break the type descriptions and have related to all 9 enneagrams and all 16 types depending on my mood. When push comes to shove, I’m mainly interested in money since it can be converted into whatever I want or need.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hell, I’m a hedonistic egoistic atheist nihilist...I break the type descriptions and have related to all 9 enneagrams and all 16 types depending on my mood. When push comes to shove, I’m mainly interested in money since it can be converted into whatever I want or need.
Just what every ENFP should say ;D

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp

Very different.

1 -> to do right thing (anger/shame) ISJ ENJ -> WRATH
3 -> to achieve thing (shame) ESP ETJ -> DECEPTION
6 -> to secure thing (fear) S thing -> FEAR

2 -> to give thing (shame/anger) EF -> PRIDE
4 -> to express thing (scheme/fear) IF -> ENVY

5 -> to know thing (fear/shame) IT -> GREED
9 -> to harmonize thing (anger) IP -> SLOTH

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Very different.

1 -> to do right thing (anger/shame) ISJ ENJ -> WRATH
3 -> to achieve thing (shame) ESP ETJ -> DECEPTION
6 -> to secure thing (fear) S thing -> FEAR

2 -> to give thing (shame/anger) EF -> PRIDE
4 -> to express thing (scheme/fear) IF -> ENVY

5 -> to know thing (fear/shame) IT -> GREED
9 -> to harmonize thing (anger) IP -> SLOTH

I’m pretty drunk, but I’ll say this: What if somebody truly E1 is exposed to something which utterly destroys the basis of their moral code? Wouldn’t they change to a 6 or 3?

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I’m pretty drunk, but I’ll say this: What if somebody truly E1 is exposed to something which utterly destroys the basis of their moral code? Wouldn’t they change to a 6 or 3?

Actually, E1 under stress become 4. :D

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually, E1 under stress become 4. :D

remember, [MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION] and I were E1s as children because we were in an E1 organization.