MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Wailing Specter View Post
    1, 3 and 6 are actually the same type.
    2 and 4 are actually the same type.
    5 and 9 are actually the same type.
    While we're at it we might as well just whittle the 16 mbti types down to 8 or maybe even 4, or heck, even 2, and call it a day.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    While we're at it we might as well just whittle the 16 mbti types down to 8 or maybe even 4, or heck, even 2, and call it a day.
    MBTI is flawed and outdated. I really prefer OCEAN. It does away with type dynamics (which was broken) and instead focuses on 5 traits which are scored against the average person in the population. A person with 50 in every category is the average for the area or the world, depending on the frame of reference.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

MBTI is flawed and outdated. I really prefer OCEAN. It does away with type dynamics (which was broken) and instead focuses on 5 traits which are scored against the average person in the population. A person with 50 in every category is the average for the area or the world, depending on the frame of reference.
    Personally I tend to agree, in the sense that mbti doesn't have any universal agreement in how one is typed. It's not metric-based. Hmm, actually to state this better, the way we talk it about it on the forum is very loose and undefined, or rather, there's nothing metric-based in how type is determined on the forum; in the 'real world' where all most people know about it is facebook, Humanmetrics, or Hello Quizzy type tests, those dichotomies are pretty well defined - and it's in that defined world that I'm borderline on several types. (We type on the forum differently from how it's used by most people)

I do however enjoy using the mbti concepts to understand high-level differences between people, though.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    Likes Avocado, 1487610420 liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Personally I tend to agree, in the sense that mbti doesn't have any universal agreement in how one is typed. It's not metric-based. Hmm, actually to state this better, the way we talk it about it on the forum is very loose and undefined, or rather, there's nothing metric-based in how type is determined on the forum; in the 'real world' where all most people know about it is facebook, Humanmetrics, or Hello Quizzy type tests, those dichotomies are pretty well defined - and it's in that defined world that I'm borderline on several types. (We type on the forum differently from how it's used by most people)

I do however enjoy using the mbti concepts to understand high-level differences between people, though.
    Hell, I’m a hedonistic egoistic atheist nihilist...I break the type descriptions and have related to all 9 enneagrams and all 16 types depending on my mood. When push comes to shove, I’m mainly interested in money since it can be converted into whatever I want or need.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

Hell, I’m a hedonistic egoistic atheist nihilist...I break the type descriptions and have related to all 9 enneagrams and all 16 types depending on my mood. When push comes to shove, I’m mainly interested in money since it can be converted into whatever I want or need.
    Just what every ENFP should say ;D

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

1, 3 and 6 are actually the same type.
    2 and 4 are actually the same type.
    5 and 9 are actually the same type.

Very different.

1 -> to do right thing (anger/shame) ISJ ENJ -> WRATH
    3 -> to achieve thing (shame) ESP ETJ -> DECEPTION
    6 -> to secure thing (fear) S thing -> FEAR

2 -> to give thing (shame/anger) EF -> PRIDE
    4 -> to express thing (scheme/fear) IF -> ENVY

5 -> to know thing (fear/shame) IT -> GREED
    9 -> to harmonize thing (anger) IP -> SLOTH
    Life Path 4. True Neutral 8 1 6 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    The most sacred of the duties of a government [is] to do equal and impartial justice to all its citizens." --Thomas Jefferson
    ===Logical Crusader===

Dail [or Daer] ú-[o] chyn [or fyn/thyn] [?] Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannatha le failad.
    Likes anime_nature liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Just what every ENFP should say ;D
    now I’m drunk!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Norexan View Post
    Very different.

1 -> to do right thing (anger/shame) ISJ ENJ -> WRATH
    3 -> to achieve thing (shame) ESP ETJ -> DECEPTION
    6 -> to secure thing (fear) S thing -> FEAR

2 -> to give thing (shame/anger) EF -> PRIDE
    4 -> to express thing (scheme/fear) IF -> ENVY

5 -> to know thing (fear/shame) IT -> GREED
    9 -> to harmonize thing (anger) IP -> SLOTH
    I’m pretty drunk, but I’ll say this: What if somebody truly E1 is exposed to something which utterly destroys the basis of their moral code? Wouldn’t they change to a 6 or 3?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

I’m pretty drunk, but I’ll say this: What if somebody truly E1 is exposed to something which utterly destroys the basis of their moral code? Wouldn’t they change to a 6 or 3?
    Actually, E1 under stress become 4.
    Life Path 4. True Neutral 8 1 6 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    The most sacred of the duties of a government [is] to do equal and impartial justice to all its citizens." --Thomas Jefferson
    ===Logical Crusader===

Dail [or Daer] ú-[o] chyn [or fyn/thyn] [?] Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannatha le failad.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Norexan View Post
    Actually, E1 under stress become 4.
    remember, @Qlip and I were E1s as children because we were in an E1 organization.