User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 36

  1. #11

    Default

    How the hell do you effectively discriminate against enneagram types? Oh look behind his left ear Dan, it’ll say. Aha a 3! Get my gloves Jose.

  2. #12
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I have a dream now of someday going to a seminar on the enneagram where only the 3s are cavity searched at the entrance.
    As for what is abuse, and making comparisons between ridiculing type 3s and having your purse dumped out: there is a lady in this town who walks with a cane because her husband beat her so severely in the past. (They are still together.) So I guess "abuse" depends on your perspective.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    As for what is abuse, and making comparisons between ridiculing type 3s and having your purse dumped out: there is a lady in this town who walks with a cane because her husband beat her so severely in the past. (They are still together.) So I guess "abuse" depends on your perspective.
    Yah I didn’t understand that you were referring back to a microcosm.

  4. #14
    cute lil war dog Bush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    LIE Ni
    Posts
    5,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    How the hell do you effectively discriminate against enneagram types? Oh look behind his left ear Dan, it’ll say. Aha a 3! Get my gloves Jose.
    Build it, and they will come.

    You can't discriminate effectively, but God knows that people will try.
    J. Scott Crothers
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Population: 1 liked this post

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,155

    Default

    The interesting thing about this concept is I’ve personally seen...not bigotry that’s never going to be an appropriate comparison but perhaps some subtle type related prejudices... I’ve seen this the least with enneagram. Enneagram doesn’t let you get away with much as it is always pointing back to the elephant in your room you built an entire existence around not to see. Everyone else sees your elephant though. “Oh you have a difficult time with strong image types Starry? Well, let me show you why that is...come try to see this eyesore you’ve got in your entryway.”

    It’s really humbling. It functions like a great equalizer...shoving us all onto the same boat where we belong. Like Pops...I’m not sure how bigotry would take its form.
    Likes Population: 1 liked this post

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,155

    Default

    Bush is right though assholes people will try
    Likes Population: 1 liked this post

  7. #17
    Senior Member cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    The interesting thing about this concept is I’ve personally seen...not bigotry that’s never going to be an appropriate comparison but perhaps some subtle type related prejudices... I’ve seen this the least with enneagram. Enneagram doesn’t let you get away with much as it is always pointing back to the elephant in your room you built an entire existence around not to see. Everyone else sees your elephant though. “Oh you have a difficult time with strong image types Starry? Well, let me show you why that is...come try to see this eyesore you’ve got in your entryway.”

    It’s really humbling. It functions like a great equalizer...shoving us all onto the same boat where we belong. Like Pops...I’m not sure how bigotry would take its form.
    This is definitely true about enneagram; if you really look into it, you realize how much all of the types equally suck. I don't think anyone who's 'properly' typed is really 'proud' of being said type, and usually I find all of the descriptions are fairly equally scathing in each types' struggles. I mean I guess there's the possibility of an individual glamorizing other types, that's true... but I would think that would point them to definitively NOT being those types they are glamorizing (I mean, for example, type 8 might sound really nice to me because they live a life that's opposite me and thus I might be envious or something about that and think it sounds way 'easier'... but ofc they have a whole different slew of issues).
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    Likes Avocado liked this post

  8. #18
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6,703

    Default

    Do we have a "guess the above user's enneagram based on their username" thread yet?

  9. #19
    phallus impudicus
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    10,170

    Default

    It's easy to discriminate based on subjective past experiences with particular types. I've caught myself doing this with people typed similarly to my ex-husband (basically, I've noticed an aversion to Social 3s). It's a knee-jerk reaction that takes a little effort to overcome.
    In other words: It's human.

  10. #20
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    It's easy to discriminate based on subjective past experiences with particular types. I've caught myself doing this with people typed similarly to my ex-husband (basically, I've noticed an aversion to Social 3s). It's a knee-jerk reaction that takes a little effort to overcome.
    In other words: It's human.
    fyp

Similar Threads

  1. Do you see the problem with typing others? Is it worth it?
    By Chancelade in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 01-23-2014, 07:37 PM
  2. [Fi] The Trouble With Fi
    By Kastor in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 01:03 AM
  3. [INTJ] The Trouble with INTJ
    By InvisibleJim in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-24-2009, 08:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO