• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Opinions/thoughts on enneagram brethren with the other wing

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
6w5s are usually too serious and need to loosen up a bit. 6w7s at least have their 7 wing to help them with that. w7 is really charming and efficacious. the w5 is more withdrawn.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh ok. I have been accused of not being a 9 countless times because I have a backbone, even by a mod which I reported.

That is so aggravating. I feel like the 9 and the INFP are both stereotyped often by only their behavior when unhealthy, with 9s being doormats and INFPs being depressed, so when one of us steps out of that then we are no longer that type. Even if all our cognitive functions match up, even if we express all the core traits of our enneagram. Negative stereotypes affect every type, I understand that, but being held to the standard of a teenage girl who writes sad poetry in her journal and cries when someone slightly raises their voice is teeth-gritting. And a mod shouldn't be backing that sort of thing up, of course.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I wish 9w1s would stand up for themselves more, be more engaged and more affected. Being ethereal can be endearing provided it’s not a permanent state.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wish 9w1s would stand up for themselves more, be more engaged and more affected. Being ethereal can be endearing provided it’s not a permanent state.

I wish I didn't stand up for myself, would be less engaged, and less affected. It makes problems for myself and others.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Each type with wing are different dependent to their tritypes. For example 8w7 854 and 873 are total different people so you cannot judge people base on their main type neither base on types with wings. The only reasonable system is one which combine both main type with wings + tritype. Person can be 5w4 but it does not necceary mean it must have 4 as hearth type. For example 5w4 513

Questions:
What is your mind type? 5 6 or 7?
What is your hearth type? 2 3 or 4?
What is your gut type? 1 8 or 9?

GREAT. And now..

2nd part:
What is your dominate type - mind, hearth or maybe gut?
What is your closer type of your dominate one? For example if you are 5 is it 6 or 4?

CONGRATULATIONS! :)

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
6w5s are pretty chill for the most part. Much of them are fairly more internal than I am. I'm not incredibly forthcoming either, but the only "qualm" I guess I'd have is difficulty getting to know them.

Outside of that, since I'm on the phobic axis, I guess counter phobic and prussian 6s can be ok. Prussian 6s can be a bit too authoritarian for my taste though and counter phobic 6s can be a bit too reactive/unnecessarily defensive at times. Counter 6s can be good conduits for change though and I value their determination and attachment to their values most of the time.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People often over-estimate 8w7s, because they over-estimate themselves, but they can't deliver.

People often under-estimate 8w9s, because they don't shove their ego in your face, but they will deliver.

^ That's just my own observation of the two, perhaps there's exceptions.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find 4w5s interesting. They seem to be more philosophical and less image-oriented. I have a strong 3 wing and I've found that I'm more ambitious and less in my head than most 4w5s I've met.

alzab0

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
6w5s are usually too serious and need to loosen up a bit. 6w7s at least have their 7 wing to help them with that. w7 is really charming and efficacious. the w5 is more withdrawn.

To me 6w7s need to tighten up and knuckle down more: if they took things more seriously then they'd get into less trouble!