• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Opinions/thoughts on enneagram brethren with the other wing

Spectre

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
You must be trolling? 4w5s and 5w4s are the most overrated types on the internet. Countless 6s and 9s are posing as these types.

I was not thinking of the internet.

I dont see why they should pose as these types either.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am growing to really dislike 9w1s practically since the main enneagram 9 group is filled with them. I especially dislike how they try to deny their 1ness constantly when they constantly exhibit it. They probably don't see their covert holier than thou attitude as 1ness for some reason.
I agree, I've talked with a lot of 9w1s like that. It's really frustrating. I have my standards, they have theirs, stop imposing yours on mine.

Spectre

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Then be specific.

You clearly missed the bit when I said 'overrated types'.

Well, I live in Sweden and I would say that Sweden is a 6-culture seeking guidance in 1:s and 3:s.
Sweden is in a lot of ways - forgive me - "functionally stupid".
I dont really think 4ness or 5ness is valued here.

Perhaps you should start a thread on overrated types.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
This is a good thread on the differences between 8w9 and 8w7 if anyone wants to read.

8w7 and 8w9 differences

I think it comes down to energy. I would never describe myself as high energy, that's more typical of 8w7. I think instinctual subtypes play a big role here as well.

Spectre

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Still no responses by enneagram 2,3 and 7.

Reckon 2s wont post since they seem to be a rare bunch on the forum.

deathwarmedup

MBTI Type
IXTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is a good thread on the differences between 8w9 and 8w7 if anyone wants to read.

8w7 and 8w9 differences

I think it comes down to energy. I would never describe myself as high energy, that's more typical of 8w7. I think instinctual subtypes play a big role here as well.

I guess. 8w9s often seem like they want to be left in peace. With 8w7s you often feel like you wish they'd leave you in peace.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I guess. 8w9s often seem like they want to be left in peace. With 8w7s you often feel like you wish they'd leave you in peace.

That's probably why some sources describe 8w7s as engaging in self-destructing behavior, because they don't know when to stfu and mind their own business.
Sorry for how this sounds, I've been a victim of at least two 8w7s for a long time. I've been confronting them, but they just don't understand people.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am growing to really dislike 9w1s practically since the main enneagram 9 group is filled with them. I especially dislike how they try to deny their 1ness constantly when they constantly exhibit it. They probably don't see their covert holier than thou attitude as 1ness for some reason.

Other 9s do that? Might be because I am sx/so but I have a rather strong 1 wing, I cannot imagine ever denying it. And I tend to get the feeling that 1s look down on me rather than the opposite, odd. I meet more 9w1s online and more 9w8s in real life. This may be due to the fact that intuitives are more likely to be 9w1 and sensors are more likely to be 9w8, as intuitives are largely rampant on online forums but less so in reality. But I haven't hung around in 9 groups, so I'm not sure what chatter goes in inside those walls.

As for the 9w8, I view them as similar but good at the things I struggle with. The 9 and 8 can be rather contradictory which makes them hard to predict when unhealthy, but a healthy 9w8 is a perfect balance of assertiveness and peacefulness. They're less in their head and don't tend to ponder moral dilemmas as much as I, but that's probably for the best. They can also appear less introverted because they look more outside of themselves than the 9w1, whereas the 1 wing in a 9w1 is concerned with monitoring it's own moral consistency and the 8 wing controls their outer environment to create an internal tranquility.

All in all, I like them. It's a hit or a miss for me with Ti dominants, but most 9w8s I meet in real life are SP, more specifically ISTP, and we tend to converse on a more understanding level than I do with ISTP enneagram 5s. The INFP 9w8, as I imagine, might have a better grip on their inferior Te which would help them avoid a lot of the common INFP problems but also have different ones as a result of such. I doubt they would resonate with a lot of the INFP type descriptions, unlike the 9w1.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Other 9s do that? Might be because I am sx/so but I have a rather strong 1 wing, I cannot imagine ever denying it. And I tend to get the feeling that 1s look down on me rather than the opposite, odd. I meet more 9w1s online and more 9w8s in real life. This may be due to the fact that intuitives are more likely to be 9w1 and sensors are more likely to be 9w8, as intuitives are largely rampant on online forums but less so in reality. But I haven't hung around in 9 groups, so I'm not sure what chatter goes in inside those walls.

As for the 9w8, I view them as similar but good at the things I struggle with. The 9 and 8 can be rather contradictory which makes them hard to predict when unhealthy, but a healthy 9w8 is a perfect balance of assertiveness and peacefulness. They're less in their head and don't tend to ponder moral dilemmas as much as I, but that's probably for the best. They can also appear less introverted because they look more outside of themselves than the 9w1, whereas the 1 wing in a 9w1 is concerned with monitoring it's own moral consistency and the 8 wing controls their outer environment to create an internal tranquility.

Aww thanks for this. It makes me feel kinda bad for only saying the negatives about 9w1s.

All in all, I like them. It's a hit or a miss for me with Ti dominants, but most 9w8s I meet in real life are SP, more specifically ISTP, and we tend to converse on a more understanding level than I do with ISTP enneagram 5s. The INFP 9w8, as I imagine, might have a better grip on their inferior Te which would help them avoid a lot of the common INFP problems but also have different ones as a result of such. I doubt they would resonate with a lot of the INFP type descriptions, unlike the 9w1.

Yep, I thought I was a 9w1 at first because they are described as being intuitive and out of touch but i'd be like that as an INFP anyway. 9w8s are made to sound like ISxPs and 9w1s are made to sound like IxFJs, often. Most INFPs appear to be 4w5 or 9w1 and I also feel kinda isolated in the INFP groups because they see my need to get my point across as being mindlessly abrasive. I have been accused of being an INTP, countless times. I am often belligerent when i'm being put in a corner and I also don't like seeing others being controlled either. I see myself as quite a vigilante sometimes. All in all, I relate heavily with so many 8 traits when I read about 8s in The Wisdom of Enneagram book, which doesn't paint 8s as being these people who always need outward control. I realized that internally that I do have a huge fear of being controlled, to the point that i'd make my own groups just because I know I wouldn't be kicked out for daring to have a different opinion and to assert it. The more they ignore it, the more my 8 wing wants to push back. When i'm sad, it's often because I feel powerless in a situation. I also heavily relate to passions of sloth+lust as well as seeing action+innocence as virtues. I am often a blamer rather than the one who takes the blame. I truly believe that having an 8 wing is due to being so micromanaged by my parents. 9+8 is a odd mix and I am an odd human even for an INFP lol.

biohazard

Permabanned
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find 8w7s to be more headstrong, more argumentative, and have more defensive force than 8w9. They're very quick on their feet, ready to charge, and will jump in without much thought. I think when people talk about 8s, they're usually thinking about 8w7 and forget that 8w9s exist.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I find 8w7s to be more headstrong, more argumentative, and have more defensive force than 8w9. They're very quick on their feet, ready to charge, and will jump in without much thought. I think when people talk about 8s, they're usually thinking about 8w7 and forget that 8w9s exist.

8w9s are generally a lot better, although I can think of one exception.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think when people talk about 8s, they're usually thinking about 8w7 and forget that 8w9s exist.

I feel the exact same way about 9w1s. I'm often enraged that 9s as a whole are stereotyped as doormats that will take anything.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I feel the exact same way about 9w1s. I'm often enraged that 9s are stereotyped as a whole as doormats that will take anything.

Don't underestimate the 8 wing of a 9.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was making a similar point, in favor of yours.

Oh ok. I have been accused of not being a 9 countless times because I have a backbone, even by a mod which I reported. Enneagram is based on motivations not personality at the end of the day. Besides, 9s and 3s are the chameleons of enneagram and can take on traits of other types.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh ok. I have been accused of not being a 9 countless times because I have a backbone, even by a mod which I reported. Enneagram is based on motivations not personality at the end of the day. Besides, 9s and 3s are the chameleons of enneagram and can take on traits of other types.

Everybody gets unsolicited typing. That's life.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The point is that Enneagram isn't based on behaviour. A mod should know better than to make assumptions based on silly stereotypes.

A lot of people should know better than to do the things that they do. Again, that's life.