• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] is ESTJ with 1w9 common?

SiriuslyMcGonagall

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
so I am curious to know, I am an ESTJ clearly I socialize too much for an ISTJ, and 1w9 seems to fit best, no contest about that, are we pretty rare though? I kind of hope there's more 1w9s out there but I see a lot more aggressive ESTJs or those more active ones who may be more like 1w2. I think 1s are less then the rest but how common is the 1w9 pairing? I was wondering just how common I am. being rare is nice but then again it's like maybe I am just unique or relatively. I find lots of 3w2 or 3w4 I think a friend I use to have was ESTJ 3w2. and I've seen a lot of 8s. I think? some 1w2s. but I don't know about 1w9. never seen such an specimen as myself hahah! It would be nice to relate to someone else haha! being unique is nice as well.

SiriuslyMcGonagall

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
how about with a wing of 9 to be specific for type 1? How common or rare is that?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I suspect 1w2 would be more common, because ESTJs in general are so engaged in what they think needs fixing/improving - more engaged perhaps than a detached 9-wing might want to be.

That said, it’s definitely in the realm of possibility. I wouldn’t be shocked by the existence of an ESTJ 1w9.

bundleofsunshine

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No. 3w4, 1w2 and 6 is the most common for ESTJs.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I mean, 1w2 is probably more common than 1w9, but for ESTJs who are more introverted or Si heavy, I don't think 1w9 would be rare at all.

GavinElster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
First of all -- there are 2 notions of e/i; one is as applicable to functions theory (and here, people seem to interpret it different ways, as functions theory is quite experimental) and second there's dichotomies theory. In the latter, 9 has an introvert correlation, but it's far from inconceivable to be extraverted with 9 influence.

I consider myself a 1w9, but I'm "introverted" in the dichotomies without much question, but this has very little to do with how I interpret e/i in functions theory.

In the same spirit, if you think you're extraverted-logic, that's not really in conflict at all with 1w9. Te-dom 9w1 and 1w9 are very easy for me to imagine, actually, and 1 and Te-dom is very easy to imagine.

The dichotomies are more correlated to enneagram as far as I can tell than abstract functions theory is. You can say introverted dichotomies is correlated to the withdrawn types, 1 is correlated to J, and so on.