User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 39

  1. #1
    Member A Demonic Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    MBTI
    xNxP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp
    Socionics
    WOLF None
    Posts
    37

    Default Enneagram Stereotypes That Bother You

    Articles that say 5w6 usually go into scientific fields never mention artistic fields. Personally, I'm a 5w6 who
    wants to be a graphic novelist as an adult. What things that are said about your type that you don't resonate with?
    BTS baby!.

    You don't know who you love until they are gone.
    Likes biohazard, Masokissed, mooniverse, Jorita liked this post

  2. #2
    Senior Member Spectre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    105

    Default

    One example I can think of is that all enneagram 5 are socially awkward.
    I, personally ,am rather polite.

    // Spectre

  3. #3
    ⋆✦⋆ Hiraeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,694

    Default

    I generally have no issues with my type. Well, maybe except the whiny emo association with 4s that are based primarily on low health levels rather than the main type itself, but I'm still okay with it overall. It's probably because I relate to my enneagram typing the most since it fits me a hell of a lot better than MBTI does.
    Likes Red Memories liked this post

  4. #4
    The Devil of TypoC EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so
    Posts
    19,097

    Default

    The idea that e1 = humorless, with no idea how to have fun, makes me so sad.

    Firstly: I don't know how to RELAX. That's different. I'm great at having fun.
    Secondly: I am hilarious. My wit is known throughout the land.
    Thirdly: I don't have a third thing. Lists are great. Stereotypes are bad.
    ”We know a little about a lot of things; just enough to make us dangerous.”

    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w9 + sp/so + 145(?) tritype (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    The idea that e1 = humorless, with no idea how to have fun, makes me so sad.

    Firstly: I don't know how to RELAX. That's different. I'm great at having fun.
    Secondly: I am hilarious. My wit is known throughout the land.
    Thirdly: I don't have a third thing. Lists are great. Stereotypes are bad.
    Basically this.

    I am seen as both a stick and the mud, and fun mostly for being outlandish/eccentric. My sense of human just happens to be linked to literal nonsense "i.e. a plate of spagetti burping in a microwave (I literally laughed writing this)", so I can be seen as much less funny. So in some ways I kind of can't blame people for thinking that, but it's still not accurate.
    Likes EJCC, Red Memories liked this post

  6. #6
    Lights in the distance Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    27,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Basically this.

    I am seen as both a stick and the mud, and fun mostly for being outlandish/eccentric. My sense of human just happens to be linked to literal nonsense "i.e. a plate of spagetti burping in a microwave (I literally laughed writing this)", so I can be seen as much less funny. So in some ways I kind of can't blame people for thinking that, but it's still not accurate.
    Freudian slip? Yes, your sense of human is fantastic.

    I suppose if there is a 5 stereotype that bothers me - or at least that doesn't apply to me - it's that we are all thought and no action; that we are beset by analysis paralysis, and never actually get anything done. That couldn't be further from the truth for me. Sure, I will do my homework and plan carefully, but if the plans are not realized, if my ideas never become reality, it is a great source of frustration and disappointment.
    May you one day find the joy that you can't name for fear of breaking your own heart.
    Likes N/A, Jorita, The Tsarevich liked this post

  7. #7
    Senior Member Tiger Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Freudian slip? Yes, your sense of human is fantastic. I suppose if there is a 5 stereotype that bothers me - or at least that doesn't apply to me - it's that we are all thought and no action; that we are beset by analysis paralysis, and never actually get anything done. That couldn't be further from the truth for me. Sure, I will do my homework and plan carefully, but if the plans are not realized, if my ideas never become reality, it is a great source of frustration and disappointment.
    I agree with this. I analyze and over analyze every nuance but that doesn't mean I am stuck in analysis for weeks or months often times it is done quickly and then I move forward with the plan. I keep busy, have many plans in motion at a given time, And so far I have been successful in realizing most of my goals.

  8. #8
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,641

    Default

    The stereotype that e8s are always angry bothers me a bit because I can't remember the last time I actually got ANGRY about something (irked, yes, but angry no)

    There are others, but I haven't finished my coffee yet
    “The phrase 'Someone ought to do something' was not, by itself, a helpful one. People who used it never added the rider 'and that someone is me'.” - Terry Pratchett

  9. #9
    Haunted Echoes Red Memories's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    215 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,820

    Default

    Sx dom means lotsa sex


    no.

    stop.


    After all,
    How can you run from what is inside of you?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Winter Dream View Post
    Sx dom means lotsa sex


    no.

    stop.
    I agree that that stereotype is just bad.
    Sex is one way to achieve intimacy and a deep connection with another person. However, there are other methods too. There's also casual sex too.
    Of course, the second people a lot of hear the word "sexual" their brains jump to sex.
    Likes Red Memories, Mesmeric_Moon, Jorita liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Favourite Poems & Poems that moved you
    By Sahara in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 550
    Last Post: 09-24-2020, 04:00 PM
  2. Why Do Type Stereotypes REALLY Bother You?
    By Dreamer in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-17-2017, 12:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO