• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] WDYT....male 3w4SX & Female 4w3

Aliso777

I have never been in a relationship with a 3 before. I have the wing..and have built a stable career. We are both in mid 30's. He seems very focused, attentive & serious about pursuing the relationship. A little more shot caller personality that mine...I'm more chill/submissive in comparison. Curious if it might work, he seems like a great fit in a challenging way! I'm either sx first or second...

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I have read that 4s and 3s actually don't work well together.

I'm a 4 and I married a 3. It didn't go well at all, but my ex-husband is clinically narcissistic. I found him to be fake and exhibitionistic (it was charming and entertaining at first but got old fast) and was never able to connect with him on a deep level. Unhealthy 3s are also very unpleasant and like to point out to others how they are "unsuccessful" in comparison to the 3 as a way to lift themselves up, which will only heighten the 4's feelings of inferiority, or at least emotional frustration.

Typing isn't everything, but I personally cannot recommend this pairing. If it's something you want to read about to prepare for any differences, you can find type pairings at this site: Type Descriptions — The Enneagram Institute