MBTI
    TiSi
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Adpako View Post
    Thank you for your answer!

I agree more now that I might be a type 9, but there is something I feel doesn’t add up. It looks like you know what you are talking about, so I hope you don’t mind answering more of my many questions!

(and btw, what I meant about “instead of always trying to understand them”, is that I always do try to understand them, I always try to figure out why I feel this way, if it is “right” to feel this way, if the feeling is real or fake, if it is okay for me to feel this, and so on. I always try to figure out the feelings I have. But yes, maybe this is because I am a INFP.)
    Yeah that does sound Fi-esque, also somewhat like the social instinct.

I also think a lot about image and identity. For me it seems like nines don’t really think about identity.
    The concept of merging with someone else is a concept that scares the shit out of me, because if I do do that without knowing, that means that I am not MYSELF. I care a lot about having my OWN thoughts, and that the things I say are original, and typical ME. I need to feel like my own person.
    I understand what you mean, it's sort of give or take depending on what mbti/tritype your combining the 9 core with. 9 FPs, especially those with SO, will be focused on having a distinct/identifiable identity and image. Most other mbti types combined with 9 won't (unless there is the presence of SO), so it's not usually put inside the descriptions. A while ago, I was provided with a resource that discussed how 9 IxFPs often struggled to type as 9 or typed as Fe users and it covers this really well. I wish I archived my resources, if I can find that I might share it here. Even if you don't end up being a type 9 INFP, I feel like it would still be helpful to others in similar situations. Personally, I also find the idea of merging to be terrifying as well (for different reasons though), though the way you describe it here sounds like you have both 9 and 4 within your tritype.

Identity has been a problem for me for the most part of my life. When I was younger, I tried to fit myself into my favourite characters in movies. Taking the qualities I liked, and added them to myself. I was constructing myself. I needed to feel like this persona I wanted to be. I have always been concerned about my image, much like fours do. I dress the way I dress to get a message across of who I might be, depending on my sense of self at that moment/period. And I have noticed that throughout my life, I have appreciated the things that differs me from others. I like feeling different, but different in a good way.
    Ah, I see now. This is how a lot of people view 4s but it's actually quite the opposite. 4s feel and unconsciously find comfort in being different from others, but they do see being different in a positive light. 4s "sin" is envy, envy because they don't fit in, because it is their differences which make them flawed/deficient/disadvantaged. What you describe here, constructing an image, is almost the opposite of 4 (but very Fi SO). This comes across like the "merging" that you'd find within 9s, but I could always be wrong.

This in the four I identify with A LOT! And the first time I read about four, I was SURE I was a four. But my brother really didn’t believe I was a four, because he believes I am in the head triad, because of all my anxieties growing up, and because I always mention things I have been thinking about. Because I do think a lot about things. Others would call me an over-thinker, but I think my thoughts are interesting and valid.

I just don’t get how I can be a 9, when I have been really concerned about my image since I was around 14.
    I had that dilemma too. @Peter Deadpan made a really good point. Anxiety is the key component of the head types, though many types can run high on anxiety depending on their environment and other reasons. To me, you sound like a 9w1 4w5 hwh SO from this alone
    Lawful Neutral | LII-Ti | RLoxI | VLEF | FF Ti-Si SCPB |
    9w1 |5w6 | 3w2 | sp/so

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by RooibosKrayfish View Post
    Yeah that does sound Fi-esque, also somewhat like the social instinct.

I understand what you mean, it's sort of give or take depending on what mbti/tritype your combining the 9 core with. 9 FPs, especially those with SO, will be focused on having a distinct/identifiable identity and image. Most other mbti types combined with 9 won't (unless there is the presence of SO), so it's not usually put inside the descriptions. A while ago, I was provided with a resource that discussed how 9 IxFPs often struggled to type as 9 or typed as Fe users and it covers this really well. I wish I archived my resources, if I can find that I might share it here. Even if you don't end up being a type 9 INFP, I feel like it would still be helpful to others in similar situations. Personally, I also find the idea of merging to be terrifying as well (for different reasons though), though the way you describe it here sounds like you have both 9 and 4 within your tritype.

Ah, I see now. This is how a lot of people view 4s but it's actually quite the opposite. 4s feel and unconsciously find comfort in being different from others, but they do see being different in a positive light. 4s "sin" is envy, envy because they don't fit in, because it is their differences which make them flawed/deficient/disadvantaged. What you describe here, constructing an image, is almost the opposite of 4 (but very Fi SO). This comes across like the "merging" that you'd find within 9s, but I could always be wrong.

I had that dilemma too. @Peter Deadpan made a really good point. Anxiety is the key component of the head types, though many types can run high on anxiety depending on their environment and other reasons. To me, you sound like a 9w1 4w5 hwh SO from this alone
    Thank you so much, this helped me a lot! The Meyers Briggs and the instincts do play a big role then, I’m going to read much more about that! This with identity has been my biggest concern about identifying as a 9, but now that’s much clearer. I am going to read more about the 9 now, thank you for answering me so precisely ^^ Really appreciate it.
    Likes RadicalDoubt liked this post