• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Hey ! Can you help me to find my enneagram type please ? (:

K3ijukain3n

MBTI Type
INFP
Hi everyone ! ^^

Sorry for my english, it's not my mother tongue, I tried my best. I'm come from the beautiful country of the Eiffel Tower (;
I'm glad to be a new member of this site !
I'm INFP that for sure, but I can't really tell what my true core enneagram is. According to tests on internet it appears that I'm probably a 9w1 or 4w5. But you know the accurancie of those tests... I've read description of archetype, and I think I'm a Seeker, a 496 (or one the variation) But what is my core ? Oh, and if you have a guess about my instinctual variants, it would be awesome too ! ^^
Maybe you can help me ? I have found a questionnaire. Thanks in advance ^^

Prerequisites

What age range are you in?

25-30

Any disorders or conditions we should know about?

Nope (;

Main Questions

1. What do you think your life is about? What drives you in life? This can be something like a goal or a purpose, or anything else that comes to mind.

I think my life is above all about find, accomplish and express myself (I'm very introspective) my own path, my purpose, while always strive for serenity, peace (of mind and with others) and harmony.

I'm not ambitious at all concerning career but I dream to be a writer or illustrator. I want to express my creativity, use my imagination to make children and people dream, make them escape with my stories and drawings. And of course I want a long term relationship, have children, that kind of things.

I'm driven simply by the love and support of my loved ones. How miserable I would be without them !

2. What were you like as a kid?

I was an introvert, kind, shy and dreamy little girl.
I had a vivid imagination, I spent my time reading or drawing, watching my favorites movies or cartoons, or inventing stories with my Barbies.
I was calm, discrete, peaceful and easy going. I also could be somewhat aloof and distant.
Generally I didn't talk a lot, preferring to listen, but time to time, dependently of with who I was, If I felt safe, secure, I could be more talkative.
I could be quite emotional when other children bothered me or laughed of me. I didn't understand why others children can be so mean, without reason. I found this very unfair. I think that made me quite insecure. But I think it was because I was kind of weird sometimes, and too sensitive.
I wasn't really resourceful. I was kind of clumsy.
I preferred to have just 1, 2 , 3 very good friends. I could be a little demanding. I feel sad and hated that when I was ignored or set aside. Sometimes I felt lonely, even misunderstood.
At school I tried my best, but I was always average, without doubt because I was kind of lazy and insure of my capacities. I was quite better in arts and human sciences.
Teachers saw me as serious and voluntary, but with some difficulties and lack of method, organisation. I had respect for them, and I tried to be a student without problems.*
At home, I was sometimes less wise, and a little more assertive (but not a lot, it's not in my nature !) I fought often with my little sister, even if with loved a lot each other, but hey you know, sisters (;

3. Describe your relationship with your parents. Does anything stand out about the way you interacted?

My relationship with my parents is really good, I love them with all my heart. They were and still are here for me. But they can be to protective, and sometimes there is a little bit of misunderstanding between us, because they are really more grounded and pragmatic than me. They struggle to understand my « hippie bohemian artist » mind. For a long time they wanted me to find a safe and secure, administrative banal job in an office. But it's not for me, I know deeply that with this kind of career I wouldn't be fulfilled. And they often reproach my « go-with-the-flow », laid-back attitude.

4. What values are important to you? What do you hope to avoid doing or being?

For me (not in a particular order) kindness, peace, serenity, acceptance, tolerance, politeness, uniqueness, authenticity, dignity, loyalty, wisdom, hope, happiness, imagination and creativity are really important

I hope to avoid to be sad, depressed, pessimist, frustrated, angry, annoyed, ashamed, humiliated, to suffer, to feel pain...
I hope to avoid losing my loved ones, being lost alone in this world. I don't want to hurt them, to cause them pain.
I don't want to be someone different of myself.
I hope to avoid to think i'm ugly, stupid, bad, useless, worthless, incompetent.
And every day I try to avoid to create conflicts ! I'm really avoidant because of that.
I also don't want to be in insecure situations.

5. Aside from phobias, are there any fears that characterized your childhood? Have they continued into the present day, or not, and if not, how have you dealt with them?

My fears during my childhood have continued into the present day.

I feared to be rejected, unloved, lonely.
I feared to feel ashamed, humiliated, to lose my dignity.
I feared to create conflict or make someone mad at me.
I feared that people tell wrong stories about me.
To deal with them I have the bad tendency to be kind of avoidant?. What a coward I am lol !

6. a.) How do you see yourself?

I see myself as introverted, shy, calm, quiet, introspective, nice, dreamy, somewhat weird and kind of different lol, sensitive, easy-going, peaceful (but I try to defend myself when needed, but I still have a lot of work to do about it...) a little bit somewhat aloof and distant but social at the same time, optimistic in general, conflict-avoidant, individualist, unique, authentic, imaginative, creative, artistic, lazy and prone to procrastination, indecisive, accepting, tolerant (but I can be rigid and even a pain in the ass lol for a few things that I simply cannot understand or accept.) loyal, secret, nonchalant, avoidant, self-conscious, insecure, carefree but anxious at times, joyful but serious at the same time, prone to frustration and somewhat easily bored and annoyed. I can be internally selfish and kind of « drama queen », complaining about myself or when someone acts a way I don't appreciate, being sad, angry, frustrated, but I always try to hide my « bad side », I not the one to make a scene, only with few persons? At my worst (now its better) I sometimes think bad things about myself...

b.) How do you want others to see you?

I want others to see me nice, pleasant, cool, peaceful, unique, authentic, talented (as a writer or illustrator), deep, wise, strong, loyal, cultured and clever.

c.) What do you dislike the most in other people?

In other people I hate nastiness, aggressiveness, moodiness, intolerance, rudeness, no-compliance, no-loyalty, selfishness, stupidity and rigidity.

7. Which habit do you most automatically act on? Rank the following habits from most to least automatic, on a scale of 1 (most) to 3 (least).

a.)3. Work for personal gain with more concern for self than for others.

It's completely not in my nature !

b) 1. Strive for a sense of tranquility in yourself and the world around you

8. Where does the wandering mind take you? What provokes this?

The wandering mind take me in my own imaginary little world. I can imagine impossible situations, I can imagine being someone else, I can invent stories, I can imagine being people I admire, my favorite characters of my favorite movies, TV shows.
What provoke it it's when something really please me, interest me, obsess me (often fictional things !) I can imagine a lot of things about it ! Listen to music can also make me wander !
When I'm bored I wander easily. I'm easily distracted, and when I'm distracted I wander. I also wander when I'm annoyed or worried, I struggle to not to think about it....

9. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

What makes me feel my best it's when I can have good time alone or with my loved ones. When I can be creative, when I can express myself. When I can escape in my imaginary, fantasy world. (A cup of tea, a good movie or TV show, and I'm happy !)
I'm very home-lover, home sweet home. So in my little « cocoon », away of world reality?
Then I feel completely peaceful, serene, stressless, happy.

What makes me feel my worst is simply when I have to face all the bad situations that I always try to avoid, situations that make me suffer, feel pain (hurt or cause pain to someone else, stressful situations, sadness, conflicts, rejection, frustration, humiliation, or when someone try to talk rubbish about me?)

10. Let's talk about emotions. Explain what might make you feel the following, how they feel to you or how you react to the emotion:

a.) anger

Generally I try to keep my anger for me when I feel it, because it can lead to conflict. I can feel it intensely, internally, and even sometimes I could cry tears of rage. But I don't show it. I allow myself to be angry just with a few person (yell at them, make reproaches?) because I know that they really love me, and don't stop appreciate me even if I'm have been mad at them, I can be myself with them?. But with others I'm not too secure about it.

In order to hide when I'm upset I'm able to « fake » a smile, to act joyfully, to be « mellow » In the worst cases I can be a little bit passive-aggressive, but when someone asks me what's wrong I deny " Nah don't worry, I'm not angry."

b.) shame

I hate feeling ashamed and I try to avoid that. It makes me want to hide myself, like a little mouse. I try to be not ridiculous, to give others reasons to laugh at me. I'm very self-conscious. Maybe it's because when I was little at school the other children often mocked me.

I also avoid to do bad things that can make me feel this way.

c.) anxiety

When I feel anxious it's often quite internally, I can become obsessed about what make me feel this way. But I try to not think about it, and I prefer to do enjoyable things, in order to think about something else. I have a tendency to repress my anxiety.

It already happened that people around me were very anxious for an other person, and me too, truly, but externally it looked like I simply didn't care. I blamed myself for that, because I passed for an heartless girl.

11. Describe how you respond to the following:

a.) stress

Most of the time my stress is bad. It's awful. I just can't stand it.

I feel like my heart will explode, that I will die, I go to pieces. I'm lost and unproductive. I really hate to be stressed and I try to avoid that.

b.) negative unexpected change

I feel angry, sad and frustrated at the same time. In the worst cases I can feel depressed. I can complain about it to my loved ones. And in order to deal with it, I try to keep hope that the situation will change and be better, I try to think about the future, hoping that it will be fixed soon.

c.) conflict

I hate being in conflict with somebody else ! I try to avoid that all it cause. It makes me sick, stressed. It's stupid, but after a conflict I have the impression that the other person will hate me forever?
During a conflict I tend to keep a low profile, I hardly speak, and often I need to cry.
But with some of my loved one I can be more assertive, I can shout, make reproaches, and if it?s too intense, if the person become too mean I don?t want to listen, and I go away.
I rarely hold a grudge against someone, I forgive easily. When someone apologizes and ask to forget about our conflict I'm just happy that every thing is fine again between us.

If around me there is a conflict between two others persons I try to be involved in, I prefer to keep a low profile. I don't see myself as a good mediator, so I prefer to not interfere in order not to make things worst.

12 a.) What kind of role are you naturally inclined to take in a group? Why?

I'm naturally inclined to take the role of the listener, of the follower, of the nice peaceful, easy-going laid-back girl who doesn't want to cause trouble, and who has struggle to assert herself. I don't really know why, it's what I am, simply :)

b.) If put in power, how do you behave? Why?

I'm not really the one to be put on power, to be a leader. When it happen I always try to make sure that everyone is happy. I listen what people have to say. To give order I'm too polite, smooth, pleasant "would you please, if you don't mind, thank you..."

Authority is not really my strength ! It's really frustrating when people doesn't do what I want, and how I want it to be do, and that I haven't the courage to be assertive and to be a true leader who makes other obey.

c.) Do you tend to struggle with others who have authority over you? Why?

I don't struggle with others who have authority over me, if it's fair and justified, if they respect me.
Generally I'm easy and obedient.
Sometimes I can complain behind their back, but in front of them I don't cause trouble. I have a tendency to fear those who have authority over me, they can make me feel stressed. So I always try to not deceive them.

13. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?

Hum, I must say the good side that others sometimes don't see in others people. And sometimes creativity, artistic skills.

14. Comment on your relationship with trust.

I think I have a normal relationship with trust, sometimes I give easily my trust, sometimes I don't know, maybe it's my intuition, I'm more on my guard. It depends for what, it depends of the person, its depends on the situation.

15. Briefly: What religious and/or political beliefs do you have? Do you think they influenced your responses in this questionnaire?

I'm agnostic, but I was baptized as a Catholic.
The buddhism interest me.
I tend to be in the left side of the politic, but politic doesn't appeal me a lot.
I don't think they influenced my responses, no.

Optional Question (due to personal nature)

Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.

I don't know what to respond to it, but if you need it to have more information, tell me and I'll try to think about it ^^

Extra Questions

Which of the following temptations do you find yourself acting upon the most? (And briefly state why)

To cyclically become indecisive and seek others for reassurance.

It's a problem in my life, I struggle to make decisions ! I need other to help me to do that.

To overuse imagination in searching for yourself.

As say before, I'm really introspective, I want to discover something deep about myself. Sometimes it can makes me imagine that I could be someone that I'm not.

To avoid conflicts and asserting yourself.

I think that is the temptation I find myself acting upon the most. As said before conflicts really make me sick. I try to avoid it all it cause.
I need to learn to be more assertive, being too laid-back it's not always the best attitude.

And before I tented to think that fulfillment is somewhere else, now it's a little less true...

What's something you are: a.) thankful you have b.) wish you could have? Why?

I thankful to have my imagination, creativity, and my authenticity and my uniqueness, because it helps me to express myself !
I'm thankful to have my loved ones. They are everything for me.

I wish I could have more assertiveness and more ambition, it's important to realize your dreams and to become the person you want to be.

Of course feel free to ask me more questions if needed :) And sorry for such a long post !
Bye, see you !

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You sound more like a 9w1. I myself mistyped as a 4w5 but I think it's cause we are both INFPs and the 4 description seems to mirror the INFP descriptions but it's so much more than that. 4's want to be unique and NOTICED for it. The keyword is noticed. All of the heart traid seek attention and I don't care if anyone gets triggered by this post because 9's are underrated way too much as it is. The heart traid should be able to handle a little honesty.

deathwarmedup

MBTI Type
IXTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi K3, you sound very much a 9w1. :)

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I would have to agree with the others. 9w1. Definitely. And I also think that you're right about your archetype, the seeker. You seem to be a 946. Coincidentally e4, e9 and e6 are the most common core types of an INFP according to a study report on thoughtcatalog.com, so it makes sense for you to have a bit of all three if you are a typical INFP.

As for the instinctual variant stackings, I would presume you to be Sp/So i.e. a focus on yourself first and foremost, and a focus on your collective second.

K3ijukain3n

MBTI Type
INFP
Thank you all for your responses ^^

You're certainly right [MENTION=24618]misfortuneteller[/MENTION], maybe it's, as for you, the fact of being INFP that makes me wonder if I'm a 4w5. I think a lots of INFPs are first mistyped as 4w5.
But the more I think about it, the more I can see myself as a 9w1. Yes, I want to be unique, I want to find myself and I can feel very strong emotions, but I think it's because of my tritype, my 4 is surely quite high. But very much possibly not my core type.
[MENTION=32581]GloriaInExcelsisDeo[/MENTION] Yeah, I think I'm just the average and common INFP ! Damm, I want to be different (; Oh thanks for the guess for the instinctual variants, I struggle to understand that. I can see myself a little bit in each instinct.... I've read the description of the 9w1 sp/so and yes, I can relate to it :) I just don't look like a 5w6, I have zero scientific orientation lol ! But still ! But it's funny because I can relate also very much to the 9w1 so/sx description...

Thank you again, bye ! :)