• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Possible 7 suffering from type doubt wants answers - Crossposted from PerC

INerdTP

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

I look for interest and enjoyment, but I also aim to be useful and make an impact on the world. I seek pleasure, interest, power, intensity (but I suck at it), success, and non-conformist rebellion.

ETA: Knowledge is also a major driver, and my interests are generally intellectual in nature.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

I hope to make an impact on the world, and break down useless order, while enjoying myself doing so. I am planning to do something interesting, but useful.

ETA: I also hope to become an expert in everything.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?

I do not want to become a conformist, normal, dull worker with a boring routine life. I value fairness, justice, individualism, enjoyment, stimulation, independence, and rebellion. ETA: and knowledge.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

I fear the inability to change the world to how I want it to be. I fear having to adapt myself to the world's rules, rather than vice versa.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

I want others to see me as a cool non-conformist who breaks the rules. Unfortunately, I don't! I see myself as a nerd, but with elements of the classical Trickster archetype. Basically the Doctor!

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

I feel my best when I have fixed an unfair system. I feel my worst when I am bored, with nothing to do.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

I feel a lot of anger. I used to have anger management issues, but I've learnt to tone it down. I've still got a very hot temper, although I am not physically aggressive. Basically, if anyone fucks up, I go mad.

Shame? What's that? I don't experience shame as such. The closest I experience is something pulling me back from being awesome, but that's not shame.

Anxiety is an odd one. I'm not often anxious, but I'm definitely vigilant and fairly cautious. I often translate anxiety into anger, or just do the thing.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

I respond to stress by reacting against whatever is causing it. I don't let any show, and it doesn't affect my behaviour. It's like stress is there, but also not there.

I'm slightly troubled by unexpected change, but I very quickly begin to love it! Unless it's objectively shit, that is!

I have no problem with conflict, unless someone shuts me down using their power. If they do that, I generally react hard and end up in deep shit.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

Authority - nope. I react against authority, but then end up obeying them anyway. I generally obey them when they start threatening me with punishment.

Power - gimme! I would like to be in charge, but I don't like being limited by other people using their power against me.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?

Life's a mixed bag. Some of it's awesome. Other bits are shit. Neither lasts long.
People are sort of annoying, but some of them are cool. Humanity sucks, but individuals might rock.