• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Is it unusual for an ENFP to be 6w7 Sp/So?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It works for me, but 6w7 seems weirder than 7w6, and sx-last seems odd for ENFP.

PurpleDawn

Really any type can be a 6, so no it's not too unusual. I always saw enneagram 2 as more of an unusual enneagram for ENFPs since not much Fe, but it doesn't appear so.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Really any type can be a 6, so no it's not too unusual. I always saw enneagram 2 as more of an unusual enneagram for ENFPs since not much Fe, but it doesn't appear so.

Is Infinity Train on cartoon network yet?
Also
Also what about sx last?

PurpleDawn

Is Infinity Train on cartoon network yet?
Also
Also what about sx last?

No, but hopefully someday, the pilot is awesome.

As for instinctual variants, Sp/S? are the rarest for ENFPs both at around 4% (Roughly 1 out of every 25 ENFPs is an Sp dom). That said, I'm in that 4% as well so it's definitely possible.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No, but hopefully someday, the pilot is awesome.

As for instinctual variants, Sp/S? are the rarest for ENFPs both at around 4% (Roughly 1 out of every 25 ENFPs is an Sp dom). That said, I'm in that 4% as well so it's definitely possible.

Do non-Sp-doms just take crazy risks all the time? I just want enough financial security that I can help people in the way I see fit while still avoiding debt myself.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Risk taking is more an Se thing.

My father was a daredevil who was also an inventor. His love of extreme risk taking is what killed him. Even though I have a lot of personality in common with him, he was more direct and risk-taking, whereas I am just looking to live a safe, comfortable life and am risk adverse. I'm cripplingly ADHD, though, so a lot of my wealth building schemes fail, but I'm tryimg lots of different things so I can build enough wealth that I can relax and maybe even do humanitarian stuff if I become wealthy enough. I confuse people because of the number of projects I have in the air at once, but I just want to make sure I'm pursuing the option with the most promise, and when something catches my eye, I add it to the pile. As an Sp-dom ENFP, do you relate to that?

PurpleDawn

My father was a daredevil who was also an inventor. His love of extreme risk taking is what killed him. Even though I have a lot of personality in common with him, he was more direct and risk-taking, whereas I am just looking to live a safe, comfortable life and am risk adverse. I'm cripplingly ADHD, though, so a lot of my wealth building schemes fail, but I'm tryimg lots of different things so I can build enough wealth that I can relax and maybe even do humanitarian stuff if I become wealthy enough. I confuse people because of the number of projects I have in the air at once, but I just want to make sure I'm pursuing the option with the most promise, and when something catches my eye, I add it to the pile. As an Sp-dom ENFP, do you relate to that?

I mean I suppose somewhat, but I don't have ADHD. And I'm not exactly looking to live a safe, comfortable, peaceful life. More like an Intense and Interesting, but also safe, independent, and detached life where I live by my own personal principals. Like I'd never risk losing my independence, Lone wolf view, or personal self for any sort of conformity or control that could lead me to comfort. I'm the most comfortable when I'm myself with my strict values and I protect that. It's bound to be quite different though, considering you're a 6w7 and I'm a 4w5 with a close 1w9. I'd think 6w7 Sp is more likely to want to find some sort of group, authority, or other form of reassurance outside themselves for safety or to tell them everything is going to be ok. 4w5 Sp is like the direct opposite. They'd feel MORE insecure being reassured by any sort of outside conformity or leadership outside themselves, rather than their own self government. The 5 wing also adds on a bit of a detached, theoretical nature, and occasionally leads to hoarding and the like. In short, the stereotypical 6w7 Sp is the guy in groups always asking questions for reassurance outside himself about the future to make sure it's bright. Whereas the stereotypical 4w5 Sp is more detached and focused on internal reassurance and independence.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I mean I suppose somewhat, but I don't have ADHD. And I'm not exactly looking to live a safe, comfortable, peaceful life. More like an Intense and Interesting, but also safe, independent, and detached life where I live by my own personal principals. Like I'd never risk losing my independence, Lone wolf view, or personal self for any sort of conformity or control that could lead me to comfort. I'm the most comfortable when I'm myself with my strict values and I protect that. It's bound to be quite different though, considering you're a 6w7 and I'm a 4w5 with a close 1w9. I'd think 6w7 Sp is more likely to want to find some sort of group, authority, or other form of reassurance outside themselves for safety or to tell them everything is going to be ok. 4w5 Sp is like the direct opposite. They'd feel MORE insecure being reassured by any sort of outside conformity or leadership outside themselves, rather than their own self government. The 5 wing also adds on a bit of a detached, theoretical nature, and occasionally leads to hoarding and the like. In short, the stereotypical 6w7 Sp is the guy in groups always asking questions for reassurance outside himself about the future to make sure it's bright. Whereas the stereotypical 4w5 Sp is more detached and focused on internal reassurance and independence.

What about 6w5? I haven't found a group that reassures me because I find flaws with all of them. My next best thing is to hoard as much money and things as possible because I don't know what the future will be like, and its better to have something and not need it than need it and not have it.

PurpleDawn

What about 6w5? I haven't found a group that reassures me because I find flaws with all of them. My next best thing is to hoard as much money and things as possible because I don't know what the future will be like, and its better to have something and not need it than need it and not have it.

6w5 is more nonconformist, self governed, and scans for flaws. They more match the earlier description of the 4w5 rather than the 6w7 (especially if counterphobic).

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Types and enneagrams don't always match as they "should". People are different!

I'm an ENFJ, but I am a 7w6 -- and there are times where I definitely see the 6. I'm pretty worried about safety in some situations and I worry how things will affect me and stuff.

GavinElster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think so. 6w7 goes great with Ne-dom, imho. The skepticism and all.