• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Have you ever been mistyped as a different enneagram? If so than which ones?

*avariel*

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I mistyped (myself) a lot. Started with 4w5 changed to 5w4, 5w6, 1w2, 6w5 sp/so and finally back to 4w5 so/sp. Now I'm pretty confident about my typing, but so a was with 6w5

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been mistyped as pretty much everything by others.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I sometimes test as 5 but never identified as one. I most frequently test as 4 too.
I settled on 4w5 pretty quickly, but did revisit the possibility of 4w3 a few times.
I have studied all the types just to grasp the enneagram more, and never do I see myself in any type so clearly as 4 or 5. They feel pretty equal to me, but 4 edges 5 out for core issues.
I also identified myself as sp/sx right away and usually test as that, although occasionally sx/sp. I still waver on that in my head, but sp suits my "vibe" the best.

tchudak

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was mistyped as 1. Discarded with quickly, though, i'm a pretty stereotypical 5.

Shiver

Some idiot on the16types tried to tell me I "vibed" like a Six.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When depressed I can seem like a 9, but not when feeling better and not when you consider my life choices. I relate to a lot of E4 description, although I have a complex relationship to elitism because I'm surrounded by elitists, so perhaps I have an inverse elitism. I do care about ideals in art, expression, and creativity, but socially my sense of elitism is finding something of value that was discarded by everyone else. I don't want what is prized by everyone, but what is overlooked.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do not seem a 4. Online, I seem a 1w2 (also IRL when I am really healthy). IRL I usually seem either a 9 or a 5. The first enneagram test I took I got 1w9 (but I get 4 consistently now). I self typed 3w4 when I first began getting a handle on the theory, but after meeting some 3w4's I realized I was something else. Sixes tend to treat me as if I was an E8 (and granted, I do have an 8 fix). Recently, this girl said I was sp/so because she noticed during a PM exchange we had that I did not have a particular strong desire to connect with her, and she interpreted it that way.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Been told I resemble a 7, and thought I was a 5 for the longest time. After some reading, I associate with 3s.

HisKittyKat

MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yes, I was typed a 7 when I was a member at PerC. Considering I have the energy of a sloth I knew it wasn't possible. Also a 2 I think, I don't relate to either one. 4 6 1 and 9 are definitely part of my enng, one day I'll know exactly what order.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I wouldn't mistyped but when I test my entire trytype I get 3. Everytime I test for one number I get 8w7.

Kind of makes sense because while 3 may be possible 2 or 4 absolutley is not.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
It was just assumed that I was a 2 when I first started getting into personality theory in general. Once I learned more about the theory I thought of myself to be almost every type at some point, then I eventually settled on 6 next because I had a ton of existential angst. But then I realized that I was a disintegrating 9.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I was younger and unhealthier, I was typed by others and myself as a 4w5. This is no longer the case.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Initially I kept coming up as an 8 but I'm a coubterphobic 6

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
A Case of Mistyping: A Short Story
by: Peter Deadpan

Everyone and their mom: "Peter, you are a core cp 6."
Me: "Guess what you're wrong I'm an insufferable 4 sx bye Felicia."

The end.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Originally mistyped myself as a 5w6. Kept reading, and realized I am more akin to a 9.

GavinElster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've considered 1w9, 6w7, 7w6 most of all. I am at the center one right now, and honestly starting to think it's right. I view 1w9 as an idealist type, but in some sense it is more of a "true" idealist type than I might be.

The gut types like 9 and 1 seem to repress the head type concerns in different ways -- either through a kind of cerebral dreaminess+stubborn preservation of inner peace of 9w1 or the idealism of 1w9 (idealism leaves less room for anxiety because it imposes the right-est standard by default always).
I think a key thing is the latter two 6w7/7w6 are much more characterized by pain-aversion. The 8-9-1 types repress the ego's estrangement, and I think this is done by a repression of the questions plaguing heart and head both (imposing the ideal represses questions of worth/self-doubt).

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've been mistyped by others as 6w7 and mistyped myself as both 5w4 and 5w6. While I'm probably still mistyped one way or another, I feel pretty ok calling myself a 9w1.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I used to think I was a 5. My 5 wing is very strong and it made me think I was actually a 5 core.