• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Have you ever been mistyped as a different enneagram? If so than which ones?

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
People consider me 3w2 because I'm goal oriented but I am very confident in my 2w3 typing.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've been in denial of my 6-ness for a while, so yeah. e5, e9, e4, e1. Considered almost any type except 8. Sometimes I still mistype as 5.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
2w1, and 3.. and I can see why they type me as 2, although I'm not 2, first because I'm a 4 in growth, secondly because I have a 2 wing due to my second order in tritype 1w2..

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I typed as 5w6 one time as I thought that as I like more "intellctual stuff". I always knew there was something off about being a 5 as they are detached and withdrawn while im very social and expressive and I did further reading and tunns out 7s are also smart types so here I am at 7w6/7w8 now. :D

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I get 6 a lot. A good amount less lately. Occasionally 4 and 7 as well.

But mostly 9. Which is fine by me- fits.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I mistyped as 9w1 for a long time. And sp/so.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I typed as 5w6 one time as I thought that as I like more "intellctual stuff". I always knew there was something off about being a 5 as they are detached and withdrawn while im very social and expressive and I did further reading and tunns out 7s are also smart types so here I am at 7w6/7w8 now. :D

Ahh, those INTP days. :sage:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
No. I knew I was an 8 from the first time I read the description. I still took the test to see about the wing. Stacking, I knew I was sp first. I was unsure past that but sx fits best.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Never as something other than 4 for more than a week or two.

Still could be either wing, though.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
6 for quite a while, because I'm not really an outright braggart, I didn't particularly fit in early on in life, I'm pretty cooperative, I've always been quite aware of my emotions and feelings, and my family backstory is less "getting lots of attention and praise for things I did" and more "doing things to try to get attention and praise but not really obtaining it."

But uh
Basic Fear:To be Worthless

Basic Desire: To be Valuable
Yeah.

Also, most literature on the 3 really leans 3w2. I have a heavy enough 4 wing that I could very well be mistaken as a 4w3 at times.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmmm, I guess so. I've gotten 4 a lot. A test gave me 469/496 when my tritype is 794.

Boogie man

Da Voodoo
MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
Both 7 and 4. (I also consistently test as either one of those two, never 9. Fucking tests lol. 9's can be passionate!! FFS!!!)
Which makes sense, they make up the other parts of my tritype.

But I only get confused for those online, because I "seem" more out there (too much for what many consider "proper" for a 9).
IRL not a single soul has typed me at anything but 9. Both the experienced and the inexperienced typer sees 9 core. And they're right!!

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been mistaken for 6, 3 and a 7. People who don't know me very well usually try to type me as sx/so.

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tested as 4w5 when I first learned of Enneagram. After analyzing the core motivations of each of the types, I concluded I was actually 5w4.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It doesn't happen often, but I have got 6, 9, 3w4 and 1w9 before. 6 and 3 have some real points, but the 9 mindset is fundamentally incompatible with how I work on an intimate level, and in other people too. 1 is definitely in there, but too unrefined and inconsistent to be core.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Believe or not but I got a 7w6 score on the enneagram before, also a 6w5 and someone thought I was 5w6

I know for a fact I'm 5w4 the iconoclast - the one type I'm 100% sure of, the main description fits me to a T

I also mistyped as sp/sx when I didn't understand what I know now. With the knowledge I have now, I've realized I'm most certainly SX Dom and it's obvious now that I look back at my intensity.