• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Have you ever been mistyped as a different enneagram? If so than which ones?

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1, 2, and 8.

I think the type that seems most plausible is 1.

I'd say the E2 doesn't really count because it lasted such a short while and was put forth by a very small number of people, who only saw 'Helper' and jumped at the archetype. It was circumstantial. I, at the time unknowing of Enneagram, did tote it around for a while as my type however- which is how it makes it to the list.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
usually my big mistypes are E6. I think people see my loyalty + anxiety and go ooo stereotypical E6.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
For me mistypes I have mistyped myself as hmmmh, So/Sx I once mistyped as until I realized I am in reality very Sx blind and my 479 tritype gives me a Sx energy that a Sx last 935 wouldn't have for instance :newwink:. Ive also mistyped as having a 2w3/3w2 fix for a while I didn't want to be a 4 for the longest while but after reading 4 profiles it hit me hard and I couldn't deny it anymore.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Core wise, I've gotten all the heads. A head type isn't impossible, but I think a shame or gut type would fit me better. I've never typed as a core 6, but have typed as a 6 fix for awhile. If I was a core 6, I'd say 6w7. Attachment core and the apprehensiveness of the 6 and the curiosity and indulgence of the 7 wing. But yeah, the motivations and fears and core wounds just don't hit as home as my other numbers so I don't think it's my core. A few people have seen me as a 5, I do have a lot of intellectual pursuits and I'm pretty introverted but beyond surface level traits I don't think I'm a 5. I've typed as 7w6, which I think people got cause of my tastefulness and me being scared of pain and silliness. But yeah, there are things I fear more on a spiritual level that fit other enneagrams better. I don't think an introverted 7 is impossible, but it's still a little oddball.

Tritype wise, I tend to get any of the 96 types. I think I vibe good samaritan sometimes cause I have that soft vibe, but eh, I don't have a huge desire help others. And if I do, it's not to get love, it's cause I think it's a nice thing to do. I've also gotten and tried on triple attachment-I am pretty high in attachment triad and I do care about being successful but in the end I think my 3ness compliments my 4 so it's better as a wing. Like I believe to be the most successful in life I have to be unique and get in touch with my inner self. Triad wise, I lack competency, I'm far too introverted to only be single withdrawn and I'm definitely not frustration blind. It's interesting I type as seeker now and head last since my heart was all over the place but it the end it was the triads I was worried about and not the motivations. I also vibe gentle spirit to a lot of people, and that's the first tritype I've ever typed as. I do worry about being deprived like materially so I've reconsidered it as a fix. Triad wise though I'm not very expansive and double positive is too much. I think my 6ness tempers my 7ness in a way that is too strong for a wing.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been typed by others as a 3, 4, 5, 6, and 9.

I hard disagree with the 5 and 9 typings. Nobody's ever had a good argument behind me being either type (more so 9... I've literally typed out threads and some people in the past have had superficial reasons for me being a 9 such as I am withdrawn, not aggressive and vibe that way). 5 is more stereotype based due to me being introverted and having MBTI T.

3w4 vs. 4 has been interesting but when it comes to motivations, I'm definitely more 4. I just have competency (probably due to a 1 fix) and some assertive triad tendencies. 6 is very plausible and in my tritype and could be my core. People usually have reasoning behind these three typings.

In terms of how I've personally mistyped myself... I haven't been too bad once I learned about enneagram. I've made some big errors in the past, typing myself originally as 5 core and 9 core because I'm reserved and avoidant. I did type as 7 core for a while, but that didn't last long since overall the descriptions were too optimistic.

Biggest mistype was 3w4 and I don't think that was way off.

I was way worse with instincts. I thought I was sp/so for the longest time. Then again, I thought sx had a lot to do with sex...