• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Can Enneagram 3s be goofy, silly, shameless, etc.?

OneLovelyAdventure

Gryffindor Prefect
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm torn between 3w2 and 7w6 for my primary type. I know that 8w7 is the third component of my tritype and I've probably made far too many "help me!" threads on various sites over the years. I think my biggest confusion comes from the fact that my fears and worries (ineptitude, failure, not being the best, not being successful) are far more 3-like. However, my overall personality is remarkably goofy and silly, very much a comedienne who absolutely adores making others laugh and often being a bit shameless. I know when to turn on the charm and I'm excellent at it, but on the default I'm very wacky and offbeat. Typical E3s are far less tactless and blunt and goofy than I am, but typical E7s are far less image-conscious and terrified of being second best than I am.

I guess my question is, can 3s be as extroverted and kooky as I am? And can 7s fear ineptitude and think only of their self-worth all day? Which seems likelier -- the underlying fears making me a 3, or the physical and outward manifestation of goofiness making me a 7?

If it helps, I've leaned towards 3 in the past -- but I test for them about an equal amount and I think overall I'm pretty damn equal.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Where do you think your goofiness comes from? I feel like 3s can be whatever they want to be, as long as they're impressive at it and receiving validation. I think the fact that you said your overall personality is remarkably goofy/silly might hint at something. You might want to do some reflection on this and see where you think these aspects of your personality are rooted in. Silliness can just as much be about standing out and charming others as it can be about avoiding pain and deflecting looming burdens. It's all about where you think the origin is.

OneLovelyAdventure

Gryffindor Prefect
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's a good point. I feel like a lot of it stems from a "wow I'm so funny look how great I am" and "look at all the positive attention I'm garnering" viewpoint, which kind of confirms 3 for me. Still, I'm almost too silly to let it go that simply! I'll definitely think about it a bit more. Thanks for the help!