• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] How can I determine my instinctual variants?

eniko99

MBTI Type
ENTP
After finally managing to determine my MBTI and Enneagram, I was wondering what my instinctual stacking is.
The problem is that I can identify all of them. At first I thought I was sp/sx. But after thinking and observing people, it's highly unlikely I'm a sp dom. Then I considered so/sp. It seemed more likely, especially since I understood that so =/= socializing. However, sx last didn't fit too. I'm really attracted to intensity (in relationships, ideas, etc.) and it has been somewhat of an disadvantage in personal relationships. I struggle finding close friends because where I live people are very so oriented. I secretly hate it when I see someone whom I consider close be with someone else (no idea if instinct related lol). At the same time however, I am interested in the social secene and where I fit.
Currently I suspect being sx/so, with developed sp because of circumstances. By circumstances, I mean I come from a poor family and being ambitious in succeeding, I have to be more responsible (in my case school). The reason I want to succeed is to have more money so I can indulge my passion for experiencing new things (travelling, implementing my ideas, etc.)
So what are your thoughts?

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=28140]eniko99[/MENTION] The best way to determine instincts, in my opinion, is to focus on the instincts of your core type (not the general instinct descriptions). Claudio Naranjo's descriptions are very enlightening (and accurate from my experience), I've made info graphics of them here if you are interested.