• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] 6w5 vs 6w7

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I only gave my obvious ways of telling the differences between the 6w5 and the 6w7. I was ambushed by two 6s that wanted me to cater to their experience as a 6 basically. I didn't have time for people who just want to find faults in someone who is clearly trying to help the OP.

Good you are trying to help.

The way I read it though, they were merely expressing an opinion or raising questions based on heir own experiences or perspectives. As a 6 myself, I have thoughts on the matter, which I just expressed as well.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Good you are trying to help.

The way I read it though, they were merely expressing an opinion or raising questions based on heir own experiences or perspectives. As a 6 myself, I have thoughts on the matter, which I just expressed as well.

Yes and there are heaps of 9 stereotypes that apply to 9w1s not 9w8s but i'm not whining about them. I'm just tired of reactive types being so reactive over something as mundane as telling the types apart, which is overall not subjective.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think this is a legitimate question. I sometimes wish when I did this analysis, I looked at instinctual subtype and wings. It was Thanksgiving break, I had a rush of energy, decided to do the thing on a whim and wanted to get it done before going back to work :).

I am certain that sx is associated with counter-phobic. As to 6w5 vs 6w7, I don't recall anything in any of the books I have saying one way or the other but then I might be forgetting. I can imagine that 6w7 would be more likely to be so and 6w5 tend towards sx - so it could be true. Again, I'm not aware of anything authoritative to back it up though. I would also imagine that so would come across as less reactive than sx too. This is all just speculation though.

Let's stop with the ignore bickering stuff. That's not useful to the discussion.

Ooh you're study is super interesting! Yeah, with 6w5 and 6w7s I've seen it argued both ways, I figured the distribution would be somewhere towards the middle, especially since in books and articles I couldn't find much regarding it. You make a really good point though, 6w7 does tend to lean towards so and 6w5 to sx (if not both types towards sp), there could be a skew in that direction. I would love to do a study like the one you described using wings in the correlation between the two type theories, even for a study regarding common instinctual stacking for each of the enneatypes/mbti types. If only I had the time :/

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
considering ISTP 6, dunno about the wing

just popped in here for CONSTRUCTIVE feedback