Thread: 6w5 vs 6w7

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by misfortuneteller View Post
    I only gave my obvious ways of telling the differences between the 6w5 and the 6w7. I was ambushed by two 6s that wanted me to cater to their experience as a 6 basically. I didn't have time for people who just want to find faults in someone who is clearly trying to help the OP.
    Good you are trying to help.

The way I read it though, they were merely expressing an opinion or raising questions based on heir own experiences or perspectives. As a 6 myself, I have thoughts on the matter, which I just expressed as well.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Good you are trying to help.

The way I read it though, they were merely expressing an opinion or raising questions based on heir own experiences or perspectives. As a 6 myself, I have thoughts on the matter, which I just expressed as well.
    Yes and there are heaps of 9 stereotypes that apply to 9w1s not 9w8s but i'm not whining about them. I'm just tired of reactive types being so reactive over something as mundane as telling the types apart, which is overall not subjective.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    613 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I think this is a legitimate question. I sometimes wish when I did this analysis, I looked at instinctual subtype and wings. It was Thanksgiving break, I had a rush of energy, decided to do the thing on a whim and wanted to get it done before going back to work .

I am certain that sx is associated with counter-phobic. As to 6w5 vs 6w7, I don't recall anything in any of the books I have saying one way or the other but then I might be forgetting. I can imagine that 6w7 would be more likely to be so and 6w5 tend towards sx - so it could be true. Again, I'm not aware of anything authoritative to back it up though. I would also imagine that so would come across as less reactive than sx too. This is all just speculation though.

Let's stop with the ignore bickering stuff. That's not useful to the discussion.
    Ooh you're study is super interesting! Yeah, with 6w5 and 6w7s I've seen it argued both ways, I figured the distribution would be somewhere towards the middle, especially since in books and articles I couldn't find much regarding it. You make a really good point though, 6w7 does tend to lean towards so and 6w5 to sx (if not both types towards sp), there could be a skew in that direction. I would love to do a study like the one you described using wings in the correlation between the two type theories, even for a study regarding common instinctual stacking for each of the enneatypes/mbti types. If only I had the time :/
    - 6w5 3w4 1w9 - sp/so - INTP -
    “My deplorable mania for analysis exhausts me. I doubt everything, even my doubt.” Gustave Flaubert

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w9 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

considering ISTP 6, dunno about the wing

just popped in here for CONSTRUCTIVE feedback
    INFP 1w9-6w5-4w3 so/sp | Neutral Good | Melancholic-Phlegmatic