• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Why would your Enneagram results change drastically?

c-jade

daisies and thunderstorms
MBTI Type
ENFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, so the other day I took the Eclectic Energies enneagram w/ wing test. It's important to mention that I am dealing with a lot of mental illness problems right now (I am taking a break from working due to severe depression/anxiety) and my life has in general been at a heightened state of stress for about 2-3 years. So, when I took the test the other day I answered the questions from the state of mind I've had as of the past couple years. You know, what's been normal for me as of late. My result was 6w5, which is what I get on most tests.

However, today I took the Eclectic Energies enneagram test w/ instinctive variants and I got 3w4 sx...? And it was a HIGH score for it. But, with this test I tried to answer the questions from the mindset of who I was in high school/early college (before the stressful years), because on "good" days I can still show some of those personality traits. I did my best to answer the questions from an overall standpoint, anyway.

So I went back and took the test w/ wings, the one I took the other day, and I got different results on that as well. I'm going to post all the results below, but my question is, which test do I trust? Am I changed by my experiences so that now I am just a 6w5 (or something like it), or am I really something more along the lines of a 3w4 who has been suppressed by her experiences? I'm at a total loss. I have no idea how to determine my enneatype now.

Results from two days ago:

Type 6 - 10
Type 4 - 9
Type 5 - 8.7
Type 2 - 6.7
Type 9 - 5.7
Type 8 - 4.7
Type 7 - 1.7

Wing 6w5 - 14.4
Wing 5w6 - 13.7
Wing 4w5 - 13.4
Wing 5w4 - 13.2
Wing 6w7 - 10.9
Wing 4w3 - 10.5

Results from today:

Type 4 - 9.7
Type 6 - 7.4
Type 1 - 7.3
Type 5 - 6.7
Type 2 - 6.7
Type 9 - 5.4
Type 8 - 5.4
Type 3 - 5
Type 7 - 4.4

Wing 4w5 - 13.1
Wing 4w3 - 12.2
Wing 5w4 - 11.6
Wing 6w5 - 10.8
Wing 1w2 - 10.7
Wing 5w6 - 10.4
Wing 2w1 - 10.4
Wing 1w9 - 10
Wing 3w4 - 9.9

And:

You are most likely a type 3 (the Achiever) with 4 wing; Sexual variant

Type 3 SX
Type 8 SX (8 sx and 4 sx were almost tied for second)
Type 4 SX
Type 7 SO
Type 6 SX
Type 2 SP
Type 1 SO
Type 5 SX
Type 9 SX

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
Wait, I'm confused. 4 and 4w5 look like they had a higher score than 3 but it said you're most likely a 3?

c-jade

MBTI Type
ENFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They were two separate tests that I took today. On the first test (just your type & wing) it said I was a 4w5 and on the second test (type and instinctual variant) it said I was a 3w4 sx.

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
They were two separate tests that I took today. On the first test (just your type & wing) it said I was a 4w5 and on the second test (type and instinctual variant) it said I was a 3w4 sx.

Ahhhhh, got it. (Not being helpful at all, because I've taken both of the tests you speak and the only difference I got was one gave me 4w5 and the variant gave me a 4w3.) Sorry :(

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
6 disintegrates to 3. Uh oh.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am victim to this unfortunately. It takes perseverance. Unlike MBTI, you can learn from enneagram even if you are not properly typed. Each integration is a lesson we all need to learn as all of us have 9 types deep in our psyches, even 8. Just discerning our core is the most difficult part.

c-jade

MBTI Type
ENFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
6 disintegrates to 3. Uh oh.

Yeah, a friend mentioned looking into integration/disintegration points so I did. But it doesn't really make sense, if I'm a 6 why would I look like a 3 when I'm in a more healthy/natural place, if it's my disintegration point?

I think maybe the result of a 3 was just a fluke... It seems like 6's and 4's are much more common results for me. I'm just uncertain which 'version' of myself to think about when I'm reading these descriptions/taking these tests. How do I know what parts of my personality represent my 'core' and what parts are just my disintegration/stressful self rearing its ugly head?

c-jade

MBTI Type
ENFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am victim to this unfortunately. It takes perseverance. Unlike MBTI, you can learn from enneagram even if you are not properly typed. Each integration is a lesson we all need to learn as all of us have 9 types deep in our psyches, even 8. Just discerning our core is the most difficult part.

Very true. Maybe I am asking all of the wrong questions, and I should just pay attention to the fact that right now, at least, I look like a 6. And how can I grow from this place.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Very true. Maybe I am asking all of the wrong questions, and I should just pay attention to the fact that right now, at least, I look like a 6. And how can I grow from this place.

Smart thinking right there. :wink:

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7

Lies. 8 all the way. We need nothing else.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I would think severe depression/anxiety would have the potential to alter your results quite a bit. Ultimately the enneagram measures your values, what you want out of life, and how you want to be perceived. Someone who is severely depressed may not be able to consciously access their true core values. Even the most adventurous person in the throws of intense anxiety may crave safety and stability above all else.

I'm sorry to hear you are hurting. I would maybe keep note of your results in times of struggle, and then take the tests again when things settle down a bit?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lies. 8 all the way. We need nothing else.

Survival of the fittest huh? The victor lives on to tell the story to write history. What's right is whoever stronger in physical or mental capacities.

Kind of weird how 2 and 5 relate: love and avarice.

Do you write your story to save and protect others or to only control your environment and territory?

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Survival of the fittest huh? The victor lives on to tell the story to write history. What's right is whoever stronger in physical or mental capacities.

Kind of weird how 2 and 5 relate: love and avarice.

Do you write your story to save and protect others or to only control your environment and territory?

Not much of a writer. Time I could be experiencing. :D

...but I guess, if i had to answer... I used to try to write for others but they don't read ( listen). So they should do it themselves.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not much of a writer. Time I could be experiencing. :D

...but I guess, if i had to answer, if I'm not write to write for my own good, I certainly wouldn't write for others. They should do it themselves.

INTERNALIZE

oh I see

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
INTERNALIZE

oh I see

Uh huh. :dry:

I'll tell my stories to anyone who will listen and I welcome anyone who would join me. But no one does. So it is what it is.

But what I am is no writer. Just never been into it.