• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Am i really a 5w4 or am i mistyped?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I am considering 2w1 and 7w6 as i am not that detached from others and i behave in a very 7w6 but as some have pointed out this is superficial Ne-Fe traits showing. Anyone can give any advice regarding E types.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think ENTP can be 5 tbh, perhaps only if they go for tritype, they mostly have 7 in them..
What makes you consider 2w1? Do you consider 6w7?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't think ENTP can be 5 tbh, perhaps only if they go for tritype, they mostly have 7 in them..
What makes you consider 2w1? Do you consider 6w7?

I score very highly in my 2w1 in E type tests plus i fit many 2 characteristics. I haven't considered 6 to be truthful as i dont repress my fear as they do. I am often told i have a very 7w6 persona about me though and people dont seem to see the 5 in me.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I score very highly in my 2w1 in E type tests plus i fit many 2 characteristics. I haven't considered 6 to be truthful as i dont repress my fear as they do. I am often told i have a very 7w6 persona about me though and people dont seem to see the 5 in me.

Just a few months ago I thought I was 2 because that's what the tests told me, but now I am 100% sure that I am 6.. I'm not saying that it is your type though, but I say you read more into it, I think 6 needs a deeper understanding and reading than other enneagram types because it's broader, there are phobics -like me- and there are fear encounters, 5s are aloof and reserved and observants, I can't imagine any EXXP to be a 5, it doesn't fit the description, do you find yourself fit in the discreption of 5? If so, then did you consider the fact that you might be an introvert?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Just a few months ago I thought I was 2 because that's what the tests told me, but now I am 100% sure that I am 6.. I'm not saying that it is your type though, but I say you read more into it, I think 6 needs a deeper understanding and reading than other enneagram types because it's broader, there are phobics -like me- and there are fear encounters, 5s are aloof and reserved and observants, I can't imagine any EXXP to be a 5, it doesn't fit the description, do you find yourself fit in the discreption of 5? If so, then did you consider the fact that you might be an introvert?

Many traits of the type 5 do not fit me. For example 5s shun connection with others while I do not. However I relate to the motives of 5s such as hypersentivrty and expressing fear. My behaviour is very 7w6ish in general on this forum and in real life as I relate to many 7w6 behaviours but I don't distract myself from fears by edging in fun (Well I do sometimes but I in general prefer to express my fears rather than distract myself from them like a 7 would or repress it like a 6 would) but I think in general with being an ENTP and 5w4 with social instinct would give me quasi-7 traits. I don't relate to being an aloof observer like a 5 would and i prefer to be having fun and good relationships with others.

I have considered INTP but it doesn't seem to fit well as I have been told my posts are not very Ti ruling out Ti dom and my Fe is too strong to be inferior so ENTP over INTP for me.

(Thanks for taking the time to help me :D).

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have no reason to doubt your 5w4 so typing. There might not be 5w4 ENTP's, but there probably are 5w4 ILE/ENTp's.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am considering 2w1 and 7w6 as i am not that detached from others and i behave in a very 7w6 but as some have pointed out this is superficial Ne-Fe traits showing. Anyone can give any advice regarding E types.
I'm sorry, I don't know much about you. But reading over the thread, I'm wondering why you're typing as 5 at all if you say you really don't relate to the traits of the type? That's a serious question, can you delineate it for me? Why are you currently typing as 5, and why are you having doubts? Also, how do you relate to 7 and 2, and 6 since it's come up?

I don't think you should limit yourself by firmly ruling out ENTP and 5 right off the bat, but that said, I am in the "there are correlations" camp. So I'll note that ENTP 5 does seem unlikely to me personally. It's worth exploring the options thoroughly.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm sorry, I don't know much about you. But reading over the thread, I'm wondering why you're typing as 5 at all if you say you really don't relate to the traits of the type? That's a serious question, can you delineate it for me? Why are you currently typing as 5, and why are you having doubts? Also, how do you relate to 7 and 2, and 6 since it's come up?

I don't think you should limit yourself by firmly ruling out ENTP and 5 right off the bat, but that said, I am in the "there are correlations" camp. So I'll note that ENTP 5 does seem unlikely to me personally. It's worth exploring the options thoroughly.

While i may not behave like a 5 in general i do relate to many of the core motives e.t.c.. I relate to 7w6 as i am quite a fun loving person who is bouncy,quirky and whimsical as you would know if you have seen me around the forums plus i do sometimes think that to get rid of your fears you should engage in fun. I relate to 2 as i express my shame outwards and relate to many of the 2 traits such as getting closer to others by helping and i relate to the core 2 motives a lot. ENTP 5w4 doesn't seem impossible as INTP 5w4 is the archetype and i am a more outgoing version of this INTP archetype. As for 6 that isnt a type i can relate to a lot but i am open to the possibility of being a 6 in many ways as i am both seeking approval from authority and rebellious (type 6 is the most unstable in many ways).

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
While i may not behave like a 5 in general i do relate to many of the core motives e.t.c..
Can you explain what the core motivations are in your case?

I relate to 7w6 as i am quite a fun loving person who is bouncy,quirky and whimsical as you would know if you have seen me around the forums plus i do sometimes think that to get rid of your fears you should engage in fun.
That bolded line actually seems key to me. That's a way most types don't really think, and to me, it indicates 6ness. So think 6 as a core, wing, or strong head-fix. I'm not sure bouncy, quirky, whimsical, and fun loving are enough to denfinitively settle 7 though.

I relate to 2 as i express my shame outwards and relate to many of the 2 traits such as getting closer to others by helping and i relate to the core 2 motives a lot.
Can you elaborate on the motivations? I would guess that if nothing else 2 is your heart-center. Maybe even the core.

ENTP 5w4 doesn't seem impossible as INTP 5w4 is the archetype and i am a more outgoing version of this INTP archetype. As for 6 that isnt a type i can relate to a lot but i am open to the possibility of being a 6 in many ways as i am both seeking approval from authority and rebellious (type 6 is the most unstable in many ways).
I'm interested in this approval/rebellion thing, because that's also something very unique to type 6. If you see it as a pattern in your life, it's worth exploring.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Can you explain what the core motivations are in your case?

That bolded line actually seems key to me. That's a way most types don't really think, and to me, it indicates 6ness. So think 6 as a core, wing, or strong head-fix. I'm not sure bouncy, quirky, whimsical, and fun loving are enough to definitively settle 7 though.

Can you elaborate on the motivations? I would guess that if nothing else 2 is your heart-center. Maybe even the core.

I'm interested in this approval/rebellion thing, because that's also something very unique to type 6. If you see it as a pattern in your life, it's worth exploring.

Behind Fives’ relentless pursuit of knowledge are deep insecurities about their ability to function successfully in the world. Fives feel that they do not have an ability to do things as well as others. But rather than engage directly with activities that might bolster their confidence, Fives “take a step back” into their minds where they feel more capable. Their belief is that from the safety of their minds they will eventually figure out how to do things—and one day rejoin the world. I relate heavily to this plus i also seem to grow into a 8 like state as 5s do.

Speaking of the patterns of 6ish behaviour and motives i do seem to seek approval from authority and at the same time feel a strong desire to rebel against them if i feel they are mistreating me or not appreciating me for what i am so to speak.

2s according to the motives seek to be loved and cherished by others and this is a very strong and consistent theme in my life. I also like to help others and according to the profiles for 2s they get angry if they feel as their help is not well received which again is a consistent theme in my life.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Behind Fives’ relentless pursuit of knowledge are deep insecurities about their ability to function successfully in the world. Fives feel that they do not have an ability to do things as well as others. But rather than engage directly with activities that might bolster their confidence, Fives “take a step back” into their minds where they feel more capable. Their belief is that from the safety of their minds they will eventually figure out how to do things—and one day rejoin the world.

i enjoyed reading that... i hadn't thought of that in those terms before...