• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] If I'm enneagram type 3 does it mean I am the best

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One of the best adapters I would assume, but just because you have a specific strength doesn't mean you don't have a clear weakness... which is where the others come in to have that strength in of themselves.

They balance out.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
... God damn it that means that as a 3w4 I have to stand out too. People would question my type and subject me to scrutiny.

Also "standing out by being different" is totally the 3w4 mantra, motto, core essence, isn't it?

Such fascinating sarcasm, but really I must comment (taking things far too seriously, as a 4w5 would). In my experience, 3w4 doesn't desire to stand out to be different, they like to stand above to be different.

Now to the OP, [MENTION=29947]Mechnick[/MENTION]: I've encountered so many freaking 3's in my life, vast majority of which need serious help. I've had to ride the rollercoaster of seeing through their "Really, I'm the best" masks (my Dad is a 3, so this started young), to see the true lack of identity and self worth beneath. The former has caused me to simply withhold approval in general, making myself (usually) the only person in the 3's life that won't pat their head for material wealth or "knowing" people. On the other hand, acknowledging their brokenness underneath has over time forced me to see the tortured children many of them were forced to be-- truly believing that their little lives had no value, and they would not earn love, unless they were to win at everything. That's tragic!

I met the healthiest 3 I ever have, in a prison. To some extent, finding value in failure is the key to a 3 truly being the best. Otherwise, they are just good liars, who first believed the lie that they cannot be loved without cultural approval.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Ehhh ... actually it is more like: your parents didn't love you all that much or they blackmailed you that you have to be like them or very financially successful in order to be loved.

Mechnick

The Crow
Seriously. Us Ns have to stick together.

Damn sure, I dont understand damn Sensors at all.

As a fellow Three, I need to give you a reality check.

Yes, yes it does. It does mean that.

And green is the best color, since it's my favorite, and so you even have that down pat.

Thank you.

Yea, as a w3 I'm pretty damn good, but 3s are the best.

Sure, I like the people who are honest to themselves.

Yes, this is clearly how the enneagram system works.

I knew it

Ehhh ... actually it is more like: your parents didn't love you all that much or they blackmailed you that you have to be like them or very financially successful in order to be loved.

It certanly can be true, and it does ring a bell,

Mechnick

The Crow
Such fascinating sarcasm, but really I must comment (taking things far too seriously, as a 4w5 would). In my experience, 3w4 doesn't desire to stand out to be different, they like to stand above to be different.

Now to the OP, @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/29947.html" target="_blank">Mechnick</a>: I've encountered so many freaking 3's in my life, vast majority of which need serious help. I've had to ride the rollercoaster of seeing through their "Really, I'm the best" masks (my Dad is a 3, so this started young), to see the true lack of identity and self worth beneath. The former has caused me to simply withhold approval in general, making myself (usually) the only person in the 3's life that won't pat their head for material wealth or "knowing" people. On the other hand, acknowledging their brokenness underneath has over time forced me to see the tortured children many of them were forced to be-- truly believing that their little lives had no value, and they would not earn love, unless they were to win at everything. That's tragic!

I met the healthiest 3 I ever have, in a prison. To some extent, finding value in failure is the key to a 3 truly being the best. Otherwise, they are just good liars, who first believed the lie that they cannot be loved without cultural approval.

Do you like me less now when you know we are not perfect, and we are not all going to be a Hollywood stars.

In fact, I'm a creep

solpi

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, I'm better than you at some things. Some of those things include typology, World of Warcraft and sassing people out.

lmao i love this

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
as a sidenote, you "are" s now...

4TwDQAw.gif