• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Could being a 6w5 make me appear to have Fe or be a Thinker?

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm an ISFP and I'm starting to think that my core type is actually a 6w5 instead of a 9. I'm quite different than my ex-husband who was an ISFP 9.

I do come across more intellectual, and I am more concerned about things than he ever was.

I've noticed I'm extremely protective of anyone weaker than me....and I care a lot about what people think of me...much more than the INFP 4 or ISFP 9 that I know. I remember asking my ex-husband, the ISFP 9, if someone broke in, if he would kill to protect his family, and he said he wouldn't. I would do anything to protect my family....so his answer made me feel scared that he wouldn't be there for his family if they needed them.

Someone once asked if I was a cop because I must have been giving off a certain "energy".....thought it was a weird question since I'm not really as assertive or aggressive as I sometimes come across. I don't ever like telling people what to do...and I HATE confrontation.

I went to a concert one time with my girlfriend and immediately made note of the exits in case we needed to escape, and was a little concerned with the mezzanine collapsing, so I was alert to any flexibility in the floor when the crowd began dancing.

When I was in the crowd with her, a guy was acting a little unpredictable and getting into people's personal space when he was dancing. I'm not sure why but I felt myself puffing up like a bird, trying to make myself look bigger and more intimidating and thinking how if that guy messed with my girlfriend, I would get into a fight in order to protect her. I was preparing for it. She was really annoyed by my behavior...but it was just a reflex. I was the same way with the men my mom would date....I was so protective of her. If someone messed with my sister or brothers, I would go after them...I didn't feel the same way about myself for some reason.

I'm not a violent person though...I just get that way with people that I feel like I need to protect. I even used to lift really heavy weights because I thought it would make me appear tougher and less likely to mess with. And I figured if I did get into an altercation, I'd be more likely to be able to win.

I have no skill with Fe though. My intelligence has no skill when it comes to interpersonal communication like Fe people do.

However, when I would go out with my INFP 4 ex, I was the one people naturally gravitated to...and I could integrate within a group pretty well... taking on chameleon like qualities to avoid causing any problems. I try to ingratiate myself to others so they will know I'm not a threat and I don't draw "aggro".

I'm extremely good at problem-solving and being prepared in case of emergency situations. I remain calm in an emergency and just do what needs to be done. Often, I think ahead of problems so that I can know how to prevent them from ever happening in the first place.

I'm pretty serious most of the time....at least out in public or with people I don't know well. Once I feel comfortable around someone, and I feel safe to be myself, then they get to see the really goofy me that is at the core.

My ingratiating style of relating to people is a big reason why my INFP ex thinks I'm an INFJ that uses Fe. And I tend to appear very thinkerish to people who may not know me well.

It just seems like 6w5 is more the domain of IJ's..and being a Feeler, could make me look like an Fe user even if I'm not.

What do you think?

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have an ISFP 4w3 cousin who I'm pretty sure has a 6 in her, and tend to be protective of those she care about, she behave so much like the way you described yourself.. I don't think it has to do with Fe, it's you have certain values and measure what you're perceiving according to those values, it's pretty much Fi :)

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It seems that E type can influence a persons MBTI type to look different from the classical image. 6w5 would give i think a ISFP more Jish vibes than the traditional 4 or 9. Your Fe elements can also be down to the 6 as 6 is a group orientated E type.