• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Enneagram Pairs Common Ground

á´…eparted

passages
This might be fun.

Which enneagram pairs do you see as having the most in common and the most overlap? This could potentially be useful in delineating and explaining mistypings.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
4 and 6 can seem very alike on the surface, mostly sx 6 tend to seem very 4-like and sp 4s can seem very 6s like.
Intellectual 1s can look like 5s.
2s when they are very bohemian and vain, can seem like e7.

1s and 7s on the other hand seem very far from each other. 1s are perfectionistic and controlled, 7s are fun loving and easy-going.
2s and 8s are quite the opposites. 8s fear closness and intimacy, 2s are fixated on them.
5s also seem very far from 2s, 5s are individualistic and might seem cold to others, 2s are welcoming and warm-up quickly.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
All types can mistype if there is strong wing or integration/desintegrations.

3 can look like a 1 but it will have a different reasoning behind decisions
1 and 5 may care about very similar things and for very similar reasons
1 and 6 generall want to do the right thing
1 and 8 are likely to be bossy people

2 and 6 can crosstype, especially when female
2 and 7 can both be fun oriented
2 and 9 can act similary

3 and 6 can both be highly anxious people
3 and 7 can be equally fun
3 and 8 can be equally driven

4 and 5 are both likely to be intelelctual and eccentric
4 and 6 can be share anxiety
4 and 7 can be highly unconventional
4 and 9 and be equally sleepy

5 and 6 may care about same things and be equally socially awkward
5 and 7 both want to move borders
5 and 9 are both introverted and brainy

6 and 7 can be have same underling fears
6 and 8 can be equally reactive

7 and 8 can be equally loud

(8 and 9 are already explained)

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think 1s and 4s can be equally hard on themselves. I don't really know how to elaborate other than with the term "fear" which is generally assigned to the one type of fix not represented here (anger and shame). xD
It doesn't help that disintegrated 1s can look like really unhealthy 4s, and integrated 4s can look like really healthy 1s.

Personally I think anger and shame are more closely related than either to fear, but I also recognize that anger is more an umbrella term and usually the icing on top of the cake that contains the real feelings. Or the ketchup drowning the fries. Or whatever food analogy you want to put here that involves an over/under or outside/inside. Or plant analogy. My point is anger usually covers up or stems from something else, like fear or shame (or sadness or disappointment or). I could go on about how fear could be generally of the outer world and shame of the inner world but I think I've derailed my own paragraph enough already.