• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Enneagram and Diet

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Diet isn't bad, but I spend more than necessary on food due to barely spending any time at home and so cooking less. My need for changing scenery does relate to the 4 tendency to support mood with their surroundings, and low tolerance for mundane experiences.

Lately I am making a point to bring food out with me more, so I don't have to find it later at unplanned times and less than ideal places.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Did the test and got a 4 way tie between 4, 5, 6, and 7.

But look what I found in the 6 description: this is literally my youngest sister.
"Even if onions have touched the plate or a very small part of the meal, they may avoid it"

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I only looked at my type and wing, but I was actually surprised at how well their strengths/tips matched up. It's true that as a 6, my mind will naturally view things in terms of 'problem-solving' so identifying triggers and then contingency planning are absolutely the typical route I would take, and the problem areas when I'm not.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I took the quiz and 4 and 7 were tied for first place so it did deduce the two most prominent parts of my tritype successfully. The enneagram 4 description about relationship with food was surprisingly good too, at least as far as I'm concerned. Haven't read the 7 description yet.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I read the three description and I was like NOPE.

It basically makes me sound like I'm a shallow, narcissistic and calculative jock. As much I as I would like to be a jock for what it brings me, I have become so disillusioned with body image that it's actually very stressful and unhealthy for me to chase that ideal.

I'm no jock, nor will I ever be, nor do I want to be. I can only be grateful with the kind of body that I have.

Kendrix

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm mostly lol-ing at this but fun & actual accuracy/helpfuness of this thing aside, it does make some sense that there would be differences in how to self-motivate.

The bits about living space arrangements are interesting, tho, never saw that anywhere before. Apparently I have a very typical Five appartment/room.

Occasionally dishevelled? Check! Paraphernalia of favorite fictional character, band or random scieney stuff? Check! Computer and/or bookshelf as main events? Check! Very little guest stuff? Check! (I didn't even have a second drinking mug for a while) Ppl remarking on arrangements being very simple? Well, ppl used to talk about how tiny my old apartment was. It kinda annoyed me, as I never minded. My current one is bigger as my boyfriend also needs to fit in there.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I laughed at the story but it's not entirely without truth. 8's like to indulge when it comes to food. I love to cook and naturally, I like eating. I just can't do that physically anymore - frequent high indulgence. I still do it, maybe once a month.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"If you are an enneagram 4, congratulations! Your diet consists of listening to old vinyls, crying yourself to sleep, and bursting like a madman into the kitchen at 3 AM when you could have sworn that a TV special will feature your favorite artist's personal life."

Just kidding, of course. :wink:

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Goofy concept, but yep, a website offers diet tips based on enneatype. :D

Check it out: DIETnosis | Enneagram Types

What do you think?

Oddly enough, I think the Type 7 tips most appealed to me: but, in the description of Type 5, it said to see the Type 7 tips, for "Action Skills" -- 2nd step. (I am not yet advanced enough for maintenance, in my own perfectionistic opinion.)

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't believe diet is tied to personality... my goal has been to spend as little on food as i can because it will be gone tomorrow, and at a relatively early age i learned to do withought... i am very thin, but my metabolism is fast (so eating only makes a difference of thirty pounds, but it is hard to see the change unless you know me)...

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm an almost stereotypical 5w6 and that stuff doesn't apply in the least because (un)fortunately.. my "academic interests" are nutrition and various forms of physical training (and their physiological effects). As you can imagine, I run a pretty tight ship in terms of diet and work out 5-6 days a week.. I'm also constantly running experiments on my own biology. :D

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I like food but I didn't when I was little. I was on the "all white" diet consisting mainly of buttered pasta, white rice, white bread, spinach (sometimes with scrambled eggs), fish sticks, sometimes chicken nuggets, broccoli, and milk. I refused to eat almost anything else, and my parents didn't want to fight the food battle so they didn't.

I've gotten better. I eat fish (after trying tilapia one day and actually liking it), crab, sushi (I looooove sushi), steak (initially only out of necessity so I wouldn't have to take those awful iron horse pills but now I actually like it), I've expanded my vegetable and fruit palette, I eat tomato sauce now, ...
Still don't like pork that much - a bit of a texture thing (as in it's usually difficult to chew; I have a tiny gap on each side that fills with food pretty easily so chewing on tough items can hurt). Still refuse to eat most forms of beans. Chicken is iffy - I like the taste of dark meat but the texture around the bones can make me lose my appetite, and I don't like white meat enough to eat that more than I have to. Ooh, I can eat curry now too.

I still have a tendency to dissect my food to remove objectionable items. My parents don't understand why I won't just eat the capers/peas/olives/fat/skin/peppers/etc.

I don't think my writings and habits here really sound like a 954. Sp for sure though. But whatever.

Gone

ENNEAGRAM TYPE 9
MBTI Types: INFP, INSP…(IF Types)

Aaaha. Now I know why I was always unsure about my type. I'm of the previously unknown INSP kind! Who needs thinking or feeling, perceiving all the way!

Seriously though, some of that sounds familiar. I can't keep snacks right next to me or they're gone in no time. I don't even really realize I'm eating, just munching away absentmindedly. So I prefer to keep them in the kitchen so I have to stand up everytime I want something. It works.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oddly enough, I think the Type 7 tips most appealed to me: but, in the description of Type 5, it said to see the Type 7 tips, for "Action Skills" -- 2nd step. (I am not yet advanced enough for maintenance, in my own perfectionistic opinion.)

I almost think the disintegration point could be more relevant, as far as negative tendencies.

----

I really couldnt take this seriously though.

Genetics gave me a somewhat athletic body, and vanity makes me take advantage of it now. I still dislike competition, and sure I like yoga, but I otherwise prefer fast-paced, intense workouts. The 4 adverseness to excercise is not relatable to me.

I can relate to being drawn to somewhat special, exotic foods, but it's not too hard to channel it towards the healthy.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow this is... wildly innacurate. Who even made this?

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It said im type 8, but if I believed in this crap im pretty sure if be 9w8

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Says I tied between 3 and 5 but also says that 3 exercises and diets for vanity while 5 neglects fitness and diet.

So how did it figure?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Interesting concept. Down the rabbit hole.......