• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Triad deficiencies

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My hypothesis is that every tritype has at least one triad deficiency. The quick list:

Social Styles
Assertive 378
Compliant 126
Withdrawn 459

Harmonics
Reactive 468
Positive 279
Competency 135

Object Relations
Adaptive 369
Frustration 147
Rejection 258

I'll give a proof a shot eventually but fishing for counterexamples is more fun. In my case, I have a direct connection to all the listed groups *except* the Compliant (126) group. I'm using "direct connection" to refer to fixes and wings only. I am curious about how this deficiency manifests for various people. From discussions so far it seems that the essential element of Compliance is a tendency to satisfy missing needs through constructively engaging, synchronizing ideals with, and forming a foundation of security/values/principles with others. It goes without saying how much that interests me.

Questions:

1) What's your triad deficiency? If you don't know how to figure it out post your tri and I will.

2) How do you think said deficiency manifests (or fails to) in your personal set of coping mechanisms?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wait, what do you mean by triad deficiency? Like is it when you don't have any types in a certain triad??

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
359 - likes to hide/hates revealing too much, added detachment.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm deficient in the Rejection triad.

I'm not very well-versed on this triad. Can you explain/link? Then I'll try to describe how I think it manifests in myself.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I'm deficient in 3,7,and 8 which are the assertive.

Makes sense, because of my issues with boundaries at least. Will come back with a more in depth response at some point though.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm deficient in the Rejection triad.

I'm not very well-versed on this triad. Can you explain/link? Then I'll try to describe how I think it manifests in myself.

Rejection Object Relation (Types 2,5,8)

People with the rejection object relation feel that they have been rejected by others. Others don't care about their needs, so they reject their own needs too. Consequently, their relationships often have issues of not wanting to be nurtured or touched. Despite feeling rejected, they feel they only have one gift to offer to prevent future rejection. Their sense of self is based on countering this rejection by offering their talent.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wait, what do you mean by triad deficiency? Like is it when you don't have any types in a certain triad??

I always figured that denoted either a mistype of core enneagram type or heavy leaning toward more extreme disintegration/integration points.

I don't know if there is too much theory behind the tri-type stuff. If so, I'd like to read up.

[MENTION=23915]Hawthorne[/MENTION]

Any good articles?

Maybe I'm not understanding. If I am a 469, what is the deficiency?

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
3w4, 5w6, 9w8. How do the wings factor into your model?

Model makes it sound so serious. Especially since you already broke my shit. Wow.

Social Connections to:
Assertive on 3 and w8
Compliant on w6
Withdrawn on w4, 5, and 9.

Harmonic Connections to:
Reactive on w4, w6, w8
Positive on 9
Competency on 3 and 5

Object Relation Connections to:
Adaptive on 3, w6, 9
Frustration on w4
Rejection on w8.

No deficiency I guess. :/

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Rejection Object Relation (Types 2,5,8)

People with the rejection object relation feel that they have been rejected by others. Others don't care about their needs, so they reject their own needs too. Consequently, their relationships often have issues of not wanting to be nurtured or touched. Despite feeling rejected, they feel they only have one gift to offer to prevent future rejection. Their sense of self is based on countering this rejection by offering their talent.

Hmm. Parts of it I can relate to, but parts of it I can't. How much of what I relate to is because of childhood abuse, I don't know.

The bolded parts are the parts I relate to, and I crossed out what I don't. What's left alone I'm neutral on.

To provide explanation:

I do think that no one truly cares about m(y needs)e, and so I often treat myself poorly as well, but that could possibly be explained as a byproduct of others experiences. Though I don't feel as if I've been rejected--mostly I feel ignored or unimportant. I do want to be taken care of and loved, though (but I'm squirmy about physical contact and don't really like it much, unless I'm sick). I don't feel as if I have any one special gift I offer to entice people to me. My methods of getting people to care about me are quite different.

How does this hold up with the theory? Could my high positive outlook score (especially 2) affect this? Are my experiences affecting it, or is the theory supposed to account for those experiences regardless?

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I always figured that denoted either a mistype of core enneagram type or heavy leaning toward more extreme disintegration/integration points.

I don't know if there is too much theory behind the tri-type stuff. If so, I'd like to read up.

[MENTION=23915]Hawthorne[/MENTION]

Any good articles?

Maybe I'm not understanding. If I am a 469, what is the deficiency?

I'm falling out of love with tritype too but I'm stuck on some sweet memories. Which wings?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Model makes it sound so serious. Especially since you already broke my shit. Wow.

Social Connections to:
Assertive on 3 and w8
Compliant on w6
Withdrawn on w4, 5, and 9.

Harmonic Connections to:
Reactive on w4, w6, w8
Positive on 9
Competency on 3 and 5

Object Relation Connections to:
Adaptive on 3, w6, 9
Frustration on w4
Rejection on w8.

No deficiency I guess. :/

Wow we have the same numbers just different order.

No deficiency for me either I guess. I'm assuming that's good.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Wow we have the same numbers just different order.

No deficiency for me either I guess. I'm assuming that's good.

ugh. system breakers. the lot of you.

3orif81VdI1a9dQmLS.gif

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Deficiencies:
Social - assertive
Harmonics - positive
Object Relations - adaptive

Probably telling me the same thing my social instinctual variant blindspot explains about myself.

Basically, I tend to isolate myself, stay on the fringes if I must be in some group setting, present myself as an outsider / lone wolf type, and resist adapting too much (ie I can get stubborn/defensive if people push me too much to change in a way that makes me feel like my sense of self is being suffocated). Not much interested in stuff like belonging, approval, popularity, reputation, etc, but it is mostly a blindspot. I don't consciously reject those things or rebel. It often doesn't occur to me until it causes me problems.

I also don't go to people. They have to come to me.

I have really improved in these areas in many ways, though.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Deficiencies:
Social - assertive
Harmonics - positive
Object Relations - adaptive

Probably telling me the same thing my social instinctual variant blindspot explains about myself.

Basically, I tend to isolate myself, stay on the fringes if I must be in some group setting, present myself as an outsider / lone wolf type, and resist adapting too much (ie I can get stubborn/defensive if people push me too much to change in a way that makes me feel like my sense of self is being suffocated). Not much interested in stuff like belonging, approval, popularity, reputation, etc, but it is mostly a blindspot. I don't consciously reject those things or rebel. It often doesn't occur to me until it causes me problems.

I also don't go to people. They have to come to me.

I have really improved in these areas in many ways, though.

The original idea was to look at the tri as a whole but this approach is also interesting. Except for those few types who wing with intratriad types. Still interesting though. The barn door is already wide open.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
6w5, 4w5, 9w8

No deficiencies since you had direct connections to all the triads listed in the OP.

On the bright side, these counterexamples save me the trouble of trying to prove this mathematically.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The original idea was to look at the tri as a whole but this approach is also interesting. Except for those few types who wing with intratriad types. Still interesting though. The barn door is already wide open.

Ok, I honestly don't get it then :unsure: :D

I am not super into tritype, and so less certain of the wings of my non-core types, but I generally type as 4w5-5w4-1w9. I've thought maybe 5w6 for my head type too :shrug: