• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Triad deficiencies

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ok, I honestly don't get it then :unsure: :D

I am not super into tritype, and so less certain of the wings of my non-core types, but I generally type as 4w5-5w4-1w9. I've thought maybe 5w6 for my head type too :shrug:

No direct connections to Assertive (378) either way.
Compliant with w9 (and w6).
Withdrawn with 4, 5, w4, w5.

Reactive with 4 (and w6)
Positive with w9
Competency with 5, 1, w5.

Adaptive/attachment with w9 (and w6).
Frustration with 1, 4, and w4.
Rejection with 5 and w5.

So your deficiency would be identical to [MENTION=14015]Urarienev[/MENTION]: the Assertive (378) group. In general, defined by the tendency to readily identify and move directly towards their goals or whatever they've identified as likely to satisfy their needs. I would anticipate either a lack of clear-sight when it comes to identifying those "goals" in the first place or some hesitance about pursuing them immediately once identified. Possibly both.

How (in)accurate you would estimate that?

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm unsure lately about my 1w2 vs 1w9, but either way, no deficiencies.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No direct connections to Assertive (378) either way.
Compliant with w9 (and w6).
Withdrawn with 4, 5, w4, w5.

Reactive with 4 (and w6)
Positive with w9
Competency with 5, 1, w5.

Adaptive/attachment with w9 (and w6).
Frustration with 1, 4, and w4.
Rejection with 5 and w5.

So your deficiency would be identical to [MENTION=14015]Urarienev[/MENTION]: the Assertive (378) group. In general, defined by the tendency to readily identify and move directly towards their goals or whatever they've identified as likely to satisfy their needs. I would anticipate either a lack of clear-sight when it comes to identifying those "goals" in the first place or some hesitance about pursuing them immediately once identified. Possibly both.

How (in)accurate you would estimate that?

I am always pretty sure of what would suit me, especially for big stuff in the long-run. If I hesitate, it is usually because I feel conflict in some other area important to me or because I lack confidence in my abilities or how I think others may measure me. As often, I sometimes prefer people/things to come to me, and it is out of a kind of vanity. Trying really hard seems yucky to me.

I don't feel hugely defined by this. :shrug:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Social Styles
Assertive 378
Compliant 126
Withdrawn 459

Harmonics
Reactive 468
Positive 279
Competency 135

Object Relations
Adaptive 369
Frustration 147
Rejection 258

I think I saw somwhere these divides. Harmonics is clearly the sphere where I have problems since I see things through information, knowledge and facts while I ignore the "human" aspect. Especially since I may see it as unnecessary. On the other hand no matter how much I know it is never enough, even if I can debate pretty much any topic and I have pilled up achievements. I can educate or "organize" people without problems, but I have a hard time being their close friend.

Enneagram Types: 1, 3 & 5 all three Focused Responder Enneacards
You see yourself as controlled, disciplined, tenacious and pragmatic. You avoid error and sloppiness in your work and people who over-focus on their emotions. Naturally focused and perfectionistic, you like to set goals. You prefer to respond when you have had time to assess and evaluate.

1-3-5 gets overloaded with competency issues and comes out becoming too rigid, too logical for humanitarian work -- people seem too chaotic, 1-3-5's know their own abilities and studies best, so they stick with those. They aren't "by the book", they would rather write the book themselves. They suffer more from feeling that they lack the innate ability to help others, so they practice more, try to get ahead, prepare, theorize, get involved with projects that keep face-to-face interaction to a minimum, but want to get things just right. More perfectionist, more critical.

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
I'm 5w4 - 4w5 - 1w9, so.. By the way, I don't think wings should have inference.. for example, my 1w9 is composed by a enneatype that scores almost as high as the first two, but the 9 is my second-to-last score, e2 is my inferior enneagram with 0%... I don't think 9 represents me at all, but it's there just because the only other option (2) was even lower. he bolded are my deficiencies taking the wins into account, the underlined without the wings.

SOCIAL STYLES

Assertive 378
Compliant 126
Withdrawn 459

HARMONICS

Reactive 468
Positive 279
Competency 135

OBJECT RELATIONS

Adaptive 369 (I knew this group as "Attachment")
Frustration 147
Rejection 258

I agree more with my version :D because I'm definitely not positive or attached to anything or anyone, but we could both agree that my main problem is assertiveness. These last months I've been trying to study the tritype archetypes, it definitely makes sense to me more than the wings. The core enneatype defines your archetype, and the position of the other two types depend on which characteristics you favour (or use as mechanisms) before the others. So if I am a 541, my visible "me" will be similar to that of the 514, only that the 541 arrangement will make me struggle more between logic and emotions, whereas the 514 will struggle more between what is logical and what is adequate, for example. I also read that the order of types can be seen as an "onion" of coping mechanisms, so the last one will show itself strong as a "last resort". I don't know how much this has to do with the triad deficiencies you proposed, but here is as good as in any other thread, I guess.

I've been talking with [MENTION=29179]Rouskyrie[/MENTION] , who was trying to develop an accurate test for tritype, so I think this could be of help for his task :)

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm 4-7-1.

So that means I'm deficient in the adaptive and rejection object relation triads? What does that mean, Hawthorne?

If we're including wings though, I am a wonder of completion and perfection and suchlike.

Rouskyrie

9w1 - 2w1 - 5w6.

Social Styles:
Assertive -
Withdrawn - 9, 5.
Compliant - 2, w1, w6.

Harmonics:
Reactive - w6.
Positive - 9, 2.
Competency - 5, w1.

Object relations:
Adaptive - 9, w6.
Frustration - w1.
Rejection - 2, 5.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For me I identify with 7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 (although some peg me as 9w8-fixed over 8w7)

Social Styles
Assertive 378 - 7, w3, 8
Compliant 126 - w6, 2
Withdrawn 459 - N/A

Harmonics
Reactive 468 - w6, 8
Positive 279 - 7, 2
Competency 135 - w3

Object Relations
Adaptive 369 - w6, w3
Frustration 147 - 7
Rejection 258 - 2, 8

So the one N/A I have is Withdrawn. I think this makes sense for me because I hardly ever withdraw into myself, and rather I spend so much more time doing trying to resolve my issues (Assertive & Compliant). It hardly feels good or relieving for me when I crawl back into my shell to hide away, because for me I feel that only action will resolve anything. Maybe this is why some peg me as ESFP as well. :thinking: I'm working on valuing the process of reflection and stuff though.

Kendrix

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I’m a 548 which means, no compliant, no adaptive, no positive (except for that lil 7 wing on my last fix)

One consequence is that my mom (792) does not get my love for the occasional bit of grimdark music/art, (not in a bad/conflict generating way it’s something we laugh about but one time she breathed a sigh of relief because I showed her a ~happy~ song. I don’t think the song was purely happy tho?) and that my taste is generally... I have nothing against positivity but a romcom alone isn’t gonna hold my attention? Not that I look down at ppl for it. I care less about happy endings than other ppl I guess, and if I’m upset you can really piss me off with too much optimism. I try not to snap at ppl but it sometimes just rubs me the wrong way. Like, noo, noo, gimme the creepy, gimme the sad, gimme the rrrage~~ XD

Less humorously/ more annoyingly, those are all independent, internally guided types, which has advantages but having little mechanisms for reacting/interfacing with the outside world can be unhelpful (5 and 4 are already among the most likely types to be procrastinatey, the 8 would proably help if it wasn’t my very last fix. Sometimes I’m more productive while pissed off, other times I just kinda end up stewing in it. )

I basically have no clu what others expect of me or how to react/ adapt to the environment - I don’t think I’d do much of that if I could, but, it would be nice to know when I’m risking to piss someone off or something so I’m not doing it inadvertedly. I bet a lil 3 or 6 would be useful for self-motivation, too, but, those ppl are basically trying hard because they feel a distict fire under their butt...

So while not having anything from the ‘adaptive’ slot isn’t all bad considering all of these have disadvantages, it’s also impractical/ not an 'advantage' per se, either.

Doesn’t help that I’m an INTP. Most of those have a 9 fix somewhere that at least slightly helps with the people-ing.

As for the ‘compliant’ one, hm. It probably does have some effect that I don't fully notice. 2 is where I always get the very lowest scores. I do find the idea of twisting yourself to please someone or some standard lowkey creepy and aspire to be "a honest friend and honest hater" as Aristotle once put it, though I'm aware that I may simply not get it.

That said, I don’t think all of these have to be ‘deficiencies’ per se, and more a mixed blessing; Sure, some things you miss but it could also lead to you not being affected or blinded by similar things, or just make for a different perspective?

As long as you get a handle on the shortcomming that is. Though this might ovsly be my 4 talking, so, gimme your thoughts.

But lol, I seem to have three whole groups I'm barely in. I suppose my skillset is uneven, if you can call it a 'skillset' ppl seem to think I'm good at some things but I haven't managed to make that do anything useful yet unless you count graduating highschool.

Rouskyrie

Well, I’m a 548 which means, no compliant, no adaptive, no positive (except for that lil 7 wing on my last fix)

One consequence is that my mom (792) does not get my love for the occasional bit of grimdark music/art, (not in a bad/conflict generating way it’s something we laugh about but one time she breathed a sigh of relief because I showed her a ~happy~ song. I don’t think the song was purely happy tho?) and that my taste is generally... I have nothing against positivity but a romcom alone isn’t gonna hold my attention? Not that I look down at ppl for it. I care less about happy endings than other ppl I guess, and if I’m upset you can really piss me off with too much optimism. I try not to snap at ppl but it sometimes just rubs me the wrong way. Like, noo, noo, gimme the creepy, gimme the sad, gimme the rrrage~~ XD

Less humorously/ more annoyingly, those are all independent, internally guided types, which has advantages but having little mechanisms for reacting/interfacing with the outside world can be unhelpful (5 and 4 are already among the most likely types to be procrastinatey, the 8 would proably help if it wasn’t my very last fix. Sometimes I’m more productive while pissed off, other times I just kinda end up stewing in it. )

I basically have no clu what others expect of me or how to react/ adapt to the environment - I don’t think I’d do much of that if I could, but, it would be nice to know when I’m risking to piss someone off or something so I’m not doing it inadvertedly. I bet a lil 3 or 6 would be useful for self-motivation, too, but, those ppl are basically trying hard because they feel a distict fire under their butt...

So while not having anything from the ‘adaptive’ slot isn’t all bad considering all of these have disadvantages, it’s also impractical/ not an 'advantage' per se, either.

Doesn’t help that I’m an INTP. Most of those have a 9 fix somewhere that at least slightly helps with the people-ing.

As for the ‘compliant’ one, hm. It probably does have some effect that I don't fully notice. 2 is where I always get the very lowest scores. I do find the idea of twisting yourself to please someone or some standard lowkey creepy and aspire to be "a honest friend and honest hater" as Aristotle once put it, though I'm aware that I may simply not get it.

That said, I don’t think all of these have to be ‘deficiencies’ per se, and more a mixed blessing; Sure, some things you miss but it could also lead to you not being affected or blinded by similar things, or just make for a different perspective?

As long as you get a handle on the shortcomming that is. Though this might ovsly be my 4 talking, so, gimme your thoughts.

But lol, I seem to have three whole groups I'm barely in. I suppose my skillset is uneven, if you can call it a 'skillset' ppl seem to think I'm good at some things but I haven't managed to make that do anything useful yet unless you count graduating highschool.

Wow. My apologies, I don't really have anything to offer in terms of a solid reply to what you've written. However, my girlfriend is also a 548, (Except ISTP instead of INTP) and reading your post was exactly like reading something she wrote. :eek:

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Social Styles
Assertive 378 - n/a
Compliant 126 - w1, possible w6
Withdrawn 459 - 9, 5, 4

Harmonics
Reactive 468 - 4, possible w6
Positive 279 - 9
Competency 135 - 5, w1

Object Relations
Adaptive 369 - 9, possible w6
Frustration 147 - w1, 4
Rejection 258 - 5

Diagnose me!
Create a box and I'll see if I fit.
Because I don't really know what any of this means!
(Sleep deprived thanks to the smoke alarms.)

(9w1 5w6 4w5)
(I'm not very connected to any of the heart fixes. XD)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My hypothesis is that every tritype has at least one triad deficiency. The quick list:

Social Styles
Assertive 378
Compliant 126
Withdrawn 459

Harmonics
Reactive 468
Positive 279
Competency 135

Object Relations
Adaptive 369
Frustration 147
Rejection 258
Where do you find tests on this style of analysis? I have no way of answering the question because I have no information about this approach to Enneagram. Is there an online test or a book that references these subcategories and so forth?

The three Enneagram types that seem the most alien to me are 3, 7 and 8. I identify with 4 on the inside, but can be mistaken as a 9 on the outside (although that can in part be due to former health issues that make me seem especially droopy at times.) My life endeavors and creative output are more like 4.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1) What's your triad deficiency? If you don't know how to figure it out post your tri and I will.

Well, I'm technically assertive-blind, but since I'm reactive and am not Se-blind, it's not really a blind spot for me. I'm rejection-blind as well.

My biggest triad deficiency, however, would definitely be positive outlook.

2) How do you think said deficiency manifests (or fails to) in your personal set of coping mechanisms?

I ruminate on the same things over and over again, having such a difficult time moving on from anything bad. Like, even if I've seemed to move on, I'll still keep thinking about it secretly and I'll stay miserable forever. The glass is always half empty and the grass is always greener on the other side.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Social Styles
Assertive 378 ... 0
Compliant 126 ... two w1, 2, w6
Withdrawn 459 ... 5, 9

Harmonics
Reactive 468 ...w6
Positive 279... 2, 9
Competency 135 ... two w1, 5

Object Relations
Adaptive 369... w6, 9
Frustration 147... two w1
Rejection 258 ... 2, 5

Questions:

1) What's your triad deficiency? If you don't know how to figure it out post your tri and I will.
Assertive

2) How do you think said deficiency manifests (or fails to) in your personal set of coping mechanisms?
People whose dominant Social Style is the assertive style are independent, extroverted and energetic. They are party people who take charge and want to make things happen. They get involved in their environment, meeting life head on, unwilling to withdraw from it. These people know what they want and go directly after it. They have a sense of importance and feel that they are central to the important things in their world. When they are stressed, they reinforce their self-importance and push back against obstacles.

These people often see opportunities and try to take advantage of them. They are great for initiating projects, but sometimes have a hard time seeing them through.

These people are out of touch with their own heart. The heart creates an emotional connection with ourselves and with others. It helps us love and appreciate the value of ourselves and others. To compensate this imbalance, these people seek intensity and stimulation (e.g., adventure and risks)

These people insist and demand that their needs (see the Centres) are met.

I lack most of the above and what I have in assertiveness has been hard fought for.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Social Styles
Assertive 378 - 7 and w3
Compliant 126 - w6 and w1
Withdrawn 459 - 4 and 9

Harmonics
Reactive 468 - 4 and w6
Positive 279 - 7 and 9
Competency 135 - w1 and w3

Object Relations
Adaptive 369 - w3 w6 and 9
Frustration 147 - 4 7 and w1
Rejection 258 - zero

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Social Styles
Assertive 378 - 3(w4)
Compliant 126 - (9)w1, (5)w6
Withdrawn 459 - 9 and 5

Harmonics
Reactive 468 - 5(w6)
Positive 279 - 9(w1)
Competency 135 - (9)w1, 5, 3

Object Relations
Adaptive 369 - 9, (5)w6, 3
Frustration 147 - (9)w1, (3)w4
Rejection 258 - 5(w6)

I don't seem to have a true deficiency ironically, although if we ignore fix wings reactive would likely be my weakest triad.

I am known to be very rejecting of emotions in general. The reactive triad is all about being opinionated, pushing issues, getting really riled up by things and bringing attention to the things that others will not. While I have had moments where I have pushed strongly in matters of morality, at my best I am an enabler and have a tendency to naturally "de-escalate" any situation where people have a ton of feelings or expression in a reactive fashion. People specifically ask for me to be around during a fight because even if I say nothing, the people in question are naturally more calm. I tend to underplay my emotions to a large degree and roll my eyes when people escalate a situation unnecessarily or loose track of their own self control despite pushing myself into a chronic state of stagnant emotion and shafted problems.

I don't feel very connected to the assertive triad either (and most people tend to agree) just because I have the presence of a ghost and tend to default to background manipulation rather than pushing for anything. I have absolutely no clue how 3 managed to be a best fit for my tritype, but by theory/motivation it's very fitting.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
With wings:

Positive: 9, w7
Frustration: 4, w1, w7
Compliant: 6, w1
Withdrawn: 9, 4
Reactive: 6, 4
Attachment: 9, 6, w3
Assertive: w3, w7
Rejection: None

Rejection, assertive if you're counting wings.

I mean, I don't think I'm anti-rejection at the surface. I don't really like being needy, and I want to look strong in the sense of being able to endure anything that comes in my way and be patient and inflappable. But I definitely don't have an 8 or 2 in there. 5 would be the most likely out of the rejection types for me, but even then I don't think the rejection style quite fits. Being knowledgeable is nice, and I don't wanna be the opposite for sure but being knowledgeable for me is more about my enthusiasm for a subject and being able to relate to others and not looking like a nitwit rather than providing the knowledge for others. Helping others is good but it's not something that makes me want to go whoopee. Sometimes I do worry that I'm sort of unhelpful and self-absorbed and try to compensate but at the end of the day helping isn't the way I try to get love. And yeah, when I'm not worry about compensating a lot of me is like, "Yes, spoil me!", and, "You come first, you don't need to serve other people."

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Where do you find tests on this style of analysis? I have no way of answering the question because I have no information about this approach to Enneagram. Is there an online test or a book that references these subcategories and so forth?

The three Enneagram types that seem the most alien to me are 3, 7 and 8. I identify with 4 on the inside, but can be mistaken as a 9 on the outside (although that can in part be due to former health issues that make me seem especially droopy at times.) My life endeavors and creative output are more like 4.

There's not, but this site does an ok job explaining the triads if you want to read up more.