• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Dividing the all types as type 6.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
For some time I am thinking about the concept that perhaps all enneagram types should be didivided as the type 6. (phobic, counter phobic) Especially since even wings can't explain certain thing and they leave some things in the air.

1 Reformer - Traditionalist
2 Helper - Seducer
3 Image focus - Growth
4 Depressive - Artistic
5 Thinker - Introvert
6 Phobic - Counter phobic
7 Entertainer - Philosopher
8 Defender - Expander
9 Peacemaker - Sleeper

I am not sure that all words chosen are the best ones, but my aim is more to present a new/possible structure. The idea occured to me due to my frustration with e1 profiles. Those profiles that are swinged towards "reformer" are very correct for me and fit me better than e5 profile. On the other hand those profiles that are more of a "traditionalist" in structure don't fit me at all.

Thoughts ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Counter-passions are what you're thinking of. It's kind of a thing, but no ne reall acknowledges it except in regards to type Six.

This old thread talks about it, specifically this post.

Yeah that is something pretty similar to what I had in mind. The problem is that culture and general emotional health can really distort the type. Therefore more than one model is desired in order to cover all possible situations a little bit better.

Btw my vices according to that thread seem to make very pretty combination: Anger, Avarice, Deceit.
:ninja:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
1 Reformer - Traditionalist

I seriously think that this split should be something that shoud be considered as realistic and reasonable. The basic princliples of the type fit me so well but the conservative/static stuff doesn't at all and I am pretty sure that this division would probably split 1s on SJs and NJs.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I seriously think that this split should be something that shoud be considered as realistic and reasonable. The basic princliples of the type fit me so well but the conservative/static stuff doesn't at all and I am pretty sure that this division would probably split 1s on SJs and NJs.

Except that SJ is not synonymous with conservative, so I don't think there would be an even split.

It's an interesting idea to have these sort of subtypes like how 6 has phobic and counterphobic. Could you say a few words about how each type's subcategory differs from the other?

á´…eparted

passages

All type descriptions have weird stereotypical bias's and for 1's it's definitely whole conservative straight-laced rule mongerer. I am liberal who has done a ton of drugs and am only a rule mongerer in certain environments, yet I am absolutely a 1. Those sorts of things don't count into type.

I do like your idea of types having "two sides" like 6's do. In the link you provided I think the one for 1's is very apt, and I have bounced between both.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Except that SJ is not synonymous with conservative, so I don't think there would be an even split.

It's an interesting idea to have these sort of subtypes like how 6 has phobic and counterphobic. Could you say a few words about how each type's subcategory differs from the other?

Well, since English is not my fist language I use the term conservative since that is word that often is the type discriptions. What I said there that it is reasonable to presume that in reformer side you would have more NJs in perecantage while on the other more SJs. 6 fix instead of 5 or 7 fix may also make a difference.

I would define it like this

Reformer - highly principled and moral, wants to do the right thing, studies the problem, attacks and criticizes authority and structures he or she see as corrupt, scans the environment and ideas for potential problems, good at setting goals and regulations

"Conservative" - highly moral and lawabiding, wants to do the right thing, takes already or mostly finneshed analysis and places them into practice, removes/challanges structures he or she finds to be corrupt, problem solving is somewhat more on reactive basis than reformer, generally follows rules and laws and makes sure that details match them.

This is somewhat simplistic but in generally that is how the two groups would look like when it comes to type 1.

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
What are the differences between the new subgroups? From those names, there are some that could overlap (say 5s thinker/introvert, or 4s artistic/depressive... In the others I can infer what you were thinking when considering whre to draw the line between the categories).