• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Flirting with your worst fears

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Since mine is fear of someone else controlling me/vulnerability or pain/injury, I'd say I'm doing well with facing those fears. I'm in a healthy relationship and that requires some vulnerability and interdependence. Fear of pain or injury is a strange one to me because that's something I've never been afraid of in my life.

6,666 posts...lol

Anyway, I can't say I have any pronounced fears beyond my plans not coming to fruition. Back when I was in teaching cub in high school, I was ambivalent enough that I quit half-way through, but since actual teaching pays alright, I'll do it for pay. It's not a bad job--though it has a lot of paperwork and planning involved. Once I get this degree, I really don't have any other plans besides just goofing off and just responding to whatever happens. I'm only a planner/organizer when I feel threatened...otherwise I am just an improviser who just does whatever within limits I preset.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
6,666 posts...lol

Anyway, I can't say I have any pronounced fears beyond my plans not coming to fruition. Back when I was in teaching cub in high school, I was ambivalent enough that I quit half-way through, but since actual teaching pays alright, I'll do it for pay. It's not a bad job--though it has a lot of paperwork and planning involved. Once I get this degree, I really don't have any other plans besides just goofing off and just responding to whatever happens. I'm only a planner/organizer when I feel threatened...otherwise I am just an improviser who just does whatever within limits I preset.

Enneagram 6

Basic Fear: Of being without support and guidance
Basic Desire: To have security and support
Key Motivations: Want to have security, to feel supported by others, to have certitude and reassurance, to test the attitudes of others toward them, to fight against anxiety and insecurity.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some sort of Madame Bovary tale. Pursuing frivolousness as some desperate attempt to cultivate meaning in a dull life, but still dying in obscurity with nothing to show for it and a loss of integrity to boot.

General tragic themes, especially where some potential is squandered or someone ends up cutting off their nose to spite their face. Also, people who indulge in their own self-expression and end up alienating themselves and being quite miserable, whatever they do happen to achieve artistically. I suppose my interest in fashion or art for its own sake might reflect this.

In my imagination, I may flirt with chucking everything aside that matters to me on a higher, spiritual level and "pursuing what I want" in a more egotistical way. I am not quite sure if the fear is wasted potential from not doing what I feel is the more noble course or from doing it but being constrained by it.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This week, I'm thinking about flirting with rejection.

gromit

likes this
I enjoy slightly pushing into scary adrenaline activities: downhill skiing, surfing, climbing...

I am fully aware of risks and stay attuned to my current mental and physical state, situational and environmental factors. That said, I have had a couple somewhat close calls, where if maybe 2-3 more things had gone differently I wouldn't be here today or at least not in the same condition.

I guess that doesn't really have to do with my enneagram though, that's just human survival I think. In terms of my enneagram...

Basic Fear: Of loss and separation
Basic Desire: To have inner stability "peace of mind"​

I'm doing a fair job facing it.

It is not in a fun or flirty way though. I'm in the process of making a difficult choice where either path I take I experience a deep a loss/separation (well I guess I've decided and am simply living with it now) experiencing a lot of grief and inner turmoil over it. Opposite of stability/peace of mind, but I guess trying to find ways of experiencing an inner peace in spite of that grief and separation.