• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] 5w4 iconoclasts: what is your current unconventional obsession

Thehyperlexic

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mine is research on bridging the gap between the "occult" and science. For example, I'm obsessed with palmistry and scientific studies of hand and finger traits that have been found to predict certain life outcomes and propensities. Or the way different personality types interpret meaning in tarot cards or dreams etc. and their intuitions are manifested.

I want to connect it to other stuff I've been thinking about -- like the nature and origins of archetypes and chomskys theory of natural language. And how it relates to issues of dualism and gender. Or the way certain types may be socially oppressed and their social value left to stagnate or waste on less than ideal or even destructive things when we discount the value of "mysticism" or more spiritual intuitive ways of knowing things.

Idk, I feel like it'll help me be less dysfunctionally INTP and it would connect disparate people and worlds and experiences (not literally in the latter case but at least in my own understanding of others). It's so easy to revere rationality or think of it as mutually exclusive from intuition or feeling or instinct.

I'm sure everyone else has got some cool shit they ponder on non-stop or write about or study independently.

Share!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read a book on palmistry that I checked out of the library and I was looking to practice it. My oldest sister was around so I told her about my palmistry interest. She immediately stuck out her palm for me to look at. But when I did, what I saw were no lines at all, just a kind of oily looking pink flat surface with absolutely nothing on it to read.

I felt kind of queasy and stepped away. She withdrew her palm and didn't say anything. I don't know how I must have looked.

A year later she was murdered.

narcissistic

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Right now It's watching Anime and reading/posting on forums like these.

tchudak

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been quite obsessed with natural phenomena and meteorology for the past few days.

Studying the tendencies of left hand dominant males. Just to see if it explains some of my quirkiness. Some interesting findings that separates left hand dominant males and females but nothing that correlates to being left handed, male, and weird. The search continues.

tchudak

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Studying the tendencies of left hand dominant males. Just to see if it explains some of my quirkiness. Some interesting findings that separates left hand dominant males and females but nothing that correlates to being left handed, male, and weird. The search continues.

What are the main differences between the left-handed male to female ones? I'm left-handed female myself and your post incited curiosity in me.

What are the main differences between the left-handed male to female ones? I'm left-handed female myself and your post incited curiosity in me.

'Left-Handed People Are More Likely To Try Hard Drugs And Be Depressed' an article in Business Insider (Australia). I'm unable to post the link for some reason. That was the most interesting find. It was somewhat unfavorable to female southpaws I'm afraid.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I entertain what's rarely entertained, because why not

-Psychology
-Paranormal
-OBE's
-Quantum Mechanics
-Spirituality/Philosophy (not religion)

tchudak

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
'Left-Handed People Are More Likely To Try Hard Drugs And Be Depressed' an article in Business Insider (Australia). I'm unable to post the link for some reason. That was the most interesting find. It was somewhat unfavorable to female southpaws I'm afraid.

Perhaps this drug abuse/depression thing may be related to the right side of the brain, which tends to be more chaotic. Anyways, never thought of it as being related to left-handedness. I'm gonna research more about it.
Thank you, Population:1.

Perhaps this drug abuse/depression thing may be related to the right side of the brain, which tends to be more chaotic. Anyways, never thought of it as being related to left-handedness. I'm gonna research more about it.
Thank you, Population:1.
My pleasure. Another article that I can't remember for the life of me talked about left handedness and schizophrenia and the possibility it is a disorder linked to the immune system. Something about the mapping of neurons in the brain in infancy and adolescence. Fascinating stuff.

tchudak

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My pleasure. Another article that I can't remember for the life of me talked about left handedness and schizophrenia and the possibility it is a disorder linked to the immune system. Something about the mapping of neurons in the brain in infancy and adolescence. Fascinating stuff.

Fascinating indeed. Once I've read Bipolar Personal Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder were also linked to the right side of the brain/left-handedness. I guess we, left-handed people, are just pretty messed up.

There does seem to be more extremes with lefties we are prone to suffer mental illness more often and I believe autism is more common but 20% of Mensa Members are lefties and a lot of celebrities and U.S. Presidents as well. I'm always joking with my right handed friends that we are less numerous because we are superior and when we inevitably take over the world and force righties to use left handed scissors (which of course there won't be enough of) I'll show mercy. *Sinister laughter*

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm currently interested in books that are not in the format of books, like the Liber Linteus.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm more 4w5, but as an extension of established approaches to music analysis, I wanted to create fractal-based music that makes expressive sense when performed on different levels, so that it is like looking at an image at different levels in a microscope. In this way it could be improvised by moving in and out of various levels of the structure.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There does seem to be more extremes with lefties we are prone to suffer mental illness more often and I believe autism is more common but 20% of Mensa Members are lefties and a lot of celebrities and U.S. Presidents as well. I'm always joking with my right handed friends that we are less numerous because we are superior and when we inevitably take over the world and force righties to use left handed scissors (which of course there won't be enough of) I'll show mercy. *Sinister laughter*

I, too, am a lefty and mildly autistic. I would be quite on board with this plan.