• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Does your tritype and variant make a meaningful whole ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
For some time I am wondering if anyone else noticed ways to correlate tritype and enneagram variant in themselves ?

I will make one for myself.

5w6 So - I go around and study the world, educate others, I prefer to be the smartest person in the room and in general I am not afraid to show my intellectual strength.

8w9 Sp - Calm but physically capable, pulls people out of problems regularly, solid , prefers and usually has back-up plan, preserves supplies and energy, slow to trust.

3w4 Sx - Daring and somewhat narcissoid, good at twisting facts in their favour, convincing and wants to win, kinky tendencies, emotionally untransparent.

In my case even Ni/Te/Fi can be added into the mix and it would still work pretty well.

Does anyone else has similar thoughts about making these 3 layers of their personality ? How would your correlation look like ?

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I haven't thought about assigning specific instincts to my tritypes. If I had to, I'd go with 4w5 sx > 7w6 sp > 1w9 so.

4 sx: Volatile, competitive, angry, vindictive. "This subtype takes the power or strength of others as a personal challenge, and one’s own value tends to rise and fall in comparison."
7 sp: I am a creature of appetites and can get caught up in overindulgence.
1 so: This is the hardest one for me to access but here is a basic description from some website: Comfortable with a secure social role and a clear set of rules, this subtype is usually quite friendly and gregarious on one’s own turf. But an emphasis on doing things the right way can make it hard to adapt to new situations, and also can generate resentment or criticism toward others who may be acting “incorrectly.”

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
3w4 Sp/sx - I tend to morph into what I think I should become. I am not necessarily validation-seeking but I am a bit perfectionistic and competitive.
5w6 - I love to learn about new topics until I have a sufficient understanding to apply the knowledge. I get obsessed with one subject, get bored, and move on. I talk about emotions in a detached way.
9w8 - I am pretty easy-going until you push me. I have a notable bluntness to my communication.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=4347]Virtual ghost[/MENTION] Interesting question, and equally interesting format to answer it in! I want to answer, but must disclaim that I don't believe that the concept of tritype is valid (my suposed "fix" traits/motivations are already explainable with instincts). In that theory, I would identify as 458, but already gain "8-like" attributes by being an Sx-4 (according to Naranjo) and integration from 5. Because of this, I honestly relate best to the Sx/So versions of 4, 5 and 8.

Sx/So 4 - Shame followed quickly by indignation and rage (usually in a cycle). "Causing others to suffer" + "suffering vocally", always moves toward.
Sx/So 5 - Passion to confide, cryptic inner world meant just for intimates. Intellectual and emotional elitism.
Sx/So 8 - See Sx-4 (the Sadistic "8-like" 4)

á´…eparted

passages
1w2 - Things must be right. I must be right. If things aren't right, I must make them right. Perfection in all facets must be aimed for. If I can't achieve these, I become immensely resentful, angry, and unyielding.
3w4 - I must be the best, I must be grand and noticed, I must be successful and top dog. I must be seen exactly as I want to be seen. I must do these things to achieve the goals of being a 1.
6w5 - Things must be certain, things must be secure, authority needs to be clearly defined, and I must have high authority. I must do these things to achieve the goals of 3 and 1.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree with [MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION] about tritype, although this is an interesting excercise.
I have heard that the instincts apply to your wings also, but not yet understood how that works for tritype.
It seems you are assigning eadh instinct to a different tritype, correct? I just see sp as being across all 3, especially since 5 is my wing and 1 my integration point....

Well, I currently type as sp/sx 4 with 451 tritype.

4 - sp/sx (maybe sx/sp). Feel shame over needing or desiring, feel defective and alienated, shame over not meeting my own ideals (often in talents or qualities), endure with idea of reward, angry resentment at having sacrificed desires and perhaps personal potential for noble ideals and not benefitting like others seem to, general 4 issues of feeling defective, resent the mundane peeps and their seemingly easy happiness (see myself as separate in good and bad ways), amplifying emotion internally to feel significance/meaning, depressive attitude, temperamental, obsess over unattainable people or situations which I romanticize, compare myself to others and feel shame for coming up short (often distant people who seem to embody my ideal), happiness feels dependent on finding a romantic partner, etc.

5 - I would guess this is sp also, but mostly seems a mix....I can be emotionally stingy. As much as I desire intimacy, people can seem demanding and draining, and I can withhold and withdraw to set boundaries. I sometimes don't express my feelings and emotions because it feels like people dont you give room to, like they suck all the air out; I'd rather keep it a secret to relish for myself. Some secretive sx aspects, plus desiring extreme closeness yet fearing being eneveloped and losing autonomy. I also like to gather knowledge to feel competent and as a barrier of sorts against others - I may interact in a cerebral way to protect my vulnerability. That and an elitist attitude about specialized knowledge or understanding may be the so instinct.

1- sp/sx again? Maybe sx first this time? Seems so last (I have never tasked myself with reforming the world - seems arrogant). I experience righteous anger, but it probably has roots in 4 envy, highly self critical, feel like I need to be faultless to be loved, high moral ideals and strive to keep integrity, perfectionism but more so with aesthetics and moral concepts than "rules", can inhibit impulses because they don't align with my moral ideals, critical towards loved ones because I want them to be above reproach, hate feeling like a goody-good but probably am, can be hyper critical but turn it inwards or when expressed outwardly seems more like snobbery than nitpicking. I relate to sx 1s being the most 7ish and "sloppiest", of course :D

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
964- I tried to separate it- I cant do it, or I dont want to- it all interconnects too much.

I am incredibly shame sensitive. Insanely. Most people dont realize just how much I... Take in both criticism and praise. Scream at me, and I probably will tune you out- whine at me, and I will probably get annoyed- force blame on me, and I will become enraged.

But sit with me quietly... Without anger. Or just... Legitimately disappointed... And I will sink. Just. I will want to crawl into myself so you cant see how guilty I really feel.

Im fairly phobic... Unless Im not. Unless... Well. It is easier than most irl expect to actually get me to... Stop.

I can, at times- just- feel as if, I dont matter as much as everyone else. That there is something wrong with me, or that Im undeserving. I can be forgotten, overlooked, and to some extent- Ive over time come to sort of expect it. I am genuinely surprised when someone says somethig nice to me, when someone does something nice to me- anything. I have pretty low self esteem and confidence. Adderall makes me cocky- but it never takes away this deep feeling I have of being... Honestly- not able to be understood. Of being a whiner. Of being too sensitive. Of there being something just-- that I DO need to hide. Because otherwise it will just get picked and picked and picked at- and thats just- devestating.

I am very very accomodating in real life. I never have to pick the movie, or the restaurant, or win the argument, nothing.

But there are things that DO make me snap. I dont like being falsely accused. Cannot stand being called a liar- and there are several other hot button things that I will just- bare teeth at. Because I have personally identified with them I believe- AND THEY ARE MINE.

I am very much non reactive in real life. Because most fights are not worth fighting. And Ive learned to... Show as blank a face as possible in the fights that are. Because- if I fight I lose. If I dont fight I dont lose. I dont win. But I dont lose either. Nothing is vulnerable if I shut down and protrct it.

Im very withdrawn. Almost to the point where I am scared of my own shadow.

I try to hide just how much I fear every interaction I have. I jump when I am surprised. I frequently daydream. Its almost like sometimes I am flutfering between different states of consciousness/different phases of the emotional 'matter'. Im constantly present with myself in some way though. And its generally when I am so introspective... That when something comes outside- its like being splashed with cold water.

Theres some 9 6 and 4 in there. I might come back and clean it up, but probably not.

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I am just learning about tritypes and I have enjoyed reading these assessments.

I'm 9w1 so/sp and I think my tritype is 952 or possibly 962.

I am very peaceful and harmonious and I want everyone to get along and feel calm. I love researching things and providing information to help solve other people's problems.

Rouskyrie

9w1 - I maintain a peaceful composure by using my criticizing internal voice to point out things I might do wrong in advance, in order to avoid conflict.
2w1 - I search for the ideal (or close to perfect) way to meet the needs of everyone concerned.
5w6 - I fall back on my prior knowledge of situations to plan ahead and/or account for things that may go wrong.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yea it seems to match my activity cycle

2w3 so - active, positive, engaging, helpful
9w1 sp - plodding, lazy, withdrawn, exhausted
6w7 sx - provocative, challenging, loyal, questioning, fiery

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
5w6 So - I go around and study the world, educate others, I prefer to be the smartest person in the room and in general I am not afraid to show my intellectual strength.

8w9 Sp - Calm but physically capable, pulls people out of problems regularly, solid , prefers and usually has back-up plan, preserves supplies and energy, slow to trust.

3w4 Sx - Daring and somewhat narcissoid, good at twisting facts in their favour, convincing and wants to win, kinky tendencies, emotionally untransparent.

I changed my type but with slight rearrangemant of facts between layers it still works pretty well.

1w9 So - I educate others, I prefer to be the smartest person in the room and in general I am not afraid to show my intellectual strength. Calm but physically capable, pulls people out of problems regularly, solid, prefers and usually has back-up plan.

5w6 Sp - I go around and study the world, preserves supplies and energy, slow to trust.

In my opinion this is the biggest problem with Enneagram trityping, since various combinations can look as some different combination. Because the building blocks are the same but scattered differently through the tritype.