• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Reassessing my type, could really use some help.

Felidire

I don't like inconveniencing other people, so I'll try to keep my answers succinct. I often end up writing one hell of a lot, left unchecked.

I've identified as "9w8, 4w5, 5w4" for the past several years; though recently having read a few type-5 profiles, I've begun second-guessing myself.

---

Kiersey: INFP
MBTI: INFJ
Socionics: IEI-INFp
IV: Sp/Sx (ridiculously disproportionate SP).
Nerdy-Alignment: True neutral /to/ Chaotic Neutral

Sexual orientation: Hetero-demi-sexual.
Romantic orientation: Pan-demi-romantic.
Relationship orientation: Closed-polyamory (polyfidelity).
"Kinsey Scale" score: Alternate between 0-1, and X.

Any disorders or conditions we should know about?: Not to look like a hypochondriac, but select descriptions on many of those pages felt to have hit home (at least 1-2 years ago, when I went digging).

Disorders:
Schizoid Personality Disorder (overt | remote)
Paranoid Personality Disorder (insular)
Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
GAD/Phobic Disorder
Agoraphobia

Communication:
Selective mutism
Tangentiality

Emotion:
Constricted affect; inappropriate affect
Emotional Detachment#2
Impaired Episodic Memory
Maladaptive Daydreaming

Feel free to ignore those. I feel crazy just looking at 'em!

---

Main Questions:

1. What do you think your life is about? What drives you in life? This can be something like a goal or a purpose, or anything else that comes to mind.
- Harmonious coexistence (with nature/my surrounding).
- To feel happy/fulfilled by pursuing interests and inspirations, and to minimize the extent to which my existence impinges on the quality of life of others (living things).
- To observe, explore and experience the world; gain insights, and enhance my reservoir of knowledge/understanding - leading to greater self-sufficiency...
- ... to be capable, highly adaptable, and acutely aware of the mental/emotional state (and manipulative, concealed intentions) of others...
- To be impervious to manipulation; uncontrollable.

(started thinking about my ideological view towards "life", and how I go about it; eventually progressing to bleak and untrusting thoughts of reality).

2. What were you like as a kid?

- A goody-goody, spineless little wuss! XD
- Confrontation was scary, and would always result in a 'flight' response.
- Enjoyed building/fixing PCs (age 7-14), and sparring with medieval weapons (12-16);
- Was actually a lot more warm/social back then, always making people laugh.

3. Describe your relationship with your parents. Does anything stand out about the way you interacted?
Fairly good, all things considered.

4. What values are important to you? What do you hope to avoid doing or being?
Wasting people's time. Next question!

5. Aside from phobias, are there any fears that characterized your childhood? Have they continued into the present day, or not, and if not, how have you dealt with them?

I was very carefree. Any potential phobias/disorders only rocked up later in life (probably due to constant, prolonged exposure to a shitty social system).

6. a.) How do you see yourself?: Just a simple person, trying to find a place where I can (co)exist without having to conform to bullshit expectations of a flawed system.
b.) How do you want others to see you?: Accurately. (or not at all, that's probably easier).
c.) What do you dislike the most in other people?: Selfishness & wilful ignorance. Most people don't think, consider, or analyze; they just open their mouths and blurt out shit. Even the paternalistic do-gooders overlook varying perspectives, and concern themselves solely with their own opinions, version of morality, etc. (I've no desire to coexist with closed-minded people, or those who "know what's best for you".)

7. Which habit do you most automatically act on? Rank the following habits from most to least automatic, on a scale of 1 (most) to 3 (least).
a.) Work for personal gain with more concern for self than for others. #2
b.) Strive for a sense of tranquillity in yourself and the world around you #1
c.) Decide what is right for the betterment of something or someone else. #Shitty

11. Describe how you respond to the following:
a.) stress - Ignore it. Feel fatigued. Address & resolve the stressor maybe 5% of the time, ensuring no future stress from given source.
b.) negative unexpected change - Dwell on it excessively for a short time. Reflect. Glean wisdom. Move on. Put wisdom to good use.
c.) conflict - Feel very uncomfortable/overwhelmed (witnessing conflict between others), or use manipulation/humour to diffuse situation (conflict directed at me). I don't argue, so if I can't diffuse a situation with manipulation/humour - and the person is oblivious to/disregards how the confrontation is making me/others feel, yet persists - then physical violence is the quickest, most effective means for "shutting up" the source of stress, and restoring a more pleasant/balanced emotional atmosphere. (Inconsiderateness would be my justification; if you don't respect others, then shit happens).

14. Comment on your relationship with trust.
Trust is an irrational measure of predictability and risk reduction. Personally, I only feel comfortable if the acceptable parameters are extremely small. I don't like giving people the benefit of the doubt, either.

---

My responses to the headers on this page.

Type 1 – The fear of being evil or corrupt.
"Evil" doesn't exist. Everyone's biased & corrupt.

Type 2 – The fear of being unloved or unwanted by others.
It's probably better that way; no expectations, nor obligations threatening to hurt other's emotions.

Type 3 – The fear of being unaccomplished and worthless.
That's me in a nutshell, yet I'm quite content!

Type 4 – The fear of lacking a unique, significant identity.
I'm more concerned with having a "significant understanding" of my identity. Everyone's somewhat unique so no need to worry. Both flatters & shits me when people try to copy me, though.
Being a super special snowflake just means people will struggle to understand you. It wouldn't bother me, but I'm sure many people yearn to be understood.
You can be whacky, or you can be understood... Pick one, and stfu.

Type 5 – The fear of being helpless and inadequate.
If it's torturing loved ones behind 6" shatterproof glass and making me watch, then yeah, that's pretty f*cked up.
Being prudent and capable enough to avoid similar situations seems like a worthwhile pursuit.

Type 6 – The fear of being without support or guidance.
One shouldn't need support, and should certainly have sagacity enough not to require guidance (how old are they? 5?)

Type 7 – The fear of deprivation and pain.
Well I'm not a masochist, but a sensory deprivation tank sounds like an awesome experience!
The thought of stagnancy or being shackled to tedious, repetitive job isn't a very pleasant one.
In fact, new experiences can be painful, so it's necessary to some extent. Being deprived of new experiences would do my head in very quickly.

Type 8 – The fear of being harmed or controlled by others.
Others are assholes... Except for you guys! You're helping AWESOME! ^^
I certainly feel as if many people might intend me harm. I don't feel as if I'm controllable, though. Good luck to anyone who tries.

Type 9 – The fear of loss and separation from others.
Sounds a bit materialistic/needy for a "balance/one with the universe" type, doesn't it?
I seriously doubt my deepest ideals will ever be met, so I'll never experience loss to it's maximum effect.
Separation is weird. I love solitude, but I can't help protect loved ones (or protect myself; i.e. prevent them being placed in the Type-5 torture chamber) if I'm not there to influence the situation. Thus I find type 8s attractive because they're self-sufficient enough for me not to worry.

---

Welp, I tried to keep it short. Failed. Oh well!
Big thanks to anyone who decides to share their thoughts/opinion.

ennwiv[1].jpgennwoiv[1].jpg

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You sound 9w1.

All your answers to the main questions (the only part that is relevant, as your sexual orientation for ex. is not type related, lol), seem to indicate a motication to have harmony with other people, to go along with them, to avoid conflict, and go with the flow of what others are doing. Your childhood is also viewed in a positive light, which is typical of type 9 (positive outlook as a coping style).

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I could go with 9w1 but some of your stuff sounds 7-ish. Let's just go with a straight 9 for now.

Type 6 – The fear of being without support or guidance.
One shouldn't need support, and should certainly have sagacity enough not to require guidance (how old are they? 5?)

*snort* Ok that made me laugh.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Welllllll, I'll have to go with 9w8 based off of your answer to "Type 9 – The fear of loss and separation from others." Because when you reached this one, you sounded as if you were at last on comfortable grounds.
"Sounds a bit materialistic/needy for a "balance/one with the universe" type, doesn't it?" Right.

"Type 8 – The fear of being harmed or controlled by others.
Others are assholes... Except for you guys! You're helping AWESOME! ^^
I certainly feel as if many people might intend me harm. I don't feel as if I'm controllable, though. Good luck to anyone who tries."

You were so affirmative there that I'm tempted to go with 8w9 for your type, except more of your answers point to 9 as the primary.

Your alleged "Schizoid" is more common with 9s than 8s. I say "alleged" because you haven't verified that you really are Schizoid via some kind of testing. However, your identification with it is telling.

a.) Work for personal gain with more concern for self than for others. #2 TYPE 8
b.) Strive for a sense of tranquillity in yourself and the world around you #1 TYPE 9
c.) Decide what is right for the betterment of something or someone else. #Shitty

Felidire

Well everyone seems to think 9, so that's reassuring.

You sound 9w1.

All your answers to the main questions (the only part that is relevant, as your sexual orientation for ex. is not type related, lol), seem to indicate a motication to have harmony with other people, to go along with them, to avoid conflict, and go with the flow of what others are doing. Your childhood is also viewed in a positive light, which is typical of type 9 (positive outlook as a coping style).

Yeah, was just trying to paint a picture of what I'm about in as few words as possible. Don't 9w1s tend to have a rather critical outlook? I'm always considering differing perspectives, and I'm very tolerant so long as people aren't hurting others for the sake of personal gain/convenience; I wouldn't think such a person is bad, evil, etc. (a 'good' person would be 'bad' in the eyes of someone 'evil' - I don't judge people for having differing perspectives, I just try to understand why they are the way they are).

as for going with the flow... I tend to "go with myself" or whatever feels right, even if it's upstream or makes me something of a pariah. The extent obviously depends on how important I deem something to be, but if people judge me negatively for lack of conformity, I don't really care, they're entitled to do so. Maybe they're right, or perhaps they're being overly judgemental and closed-minded. If they want to be that way, it's fine. So long as people aren't throwing rocks through my windows then it's of no concern - that'd piss me off bigtime, and make me want to retaliate twofold.

Does this sound characteristic of a 1-wing?
Thanks for the feedback. ^^

"I certainly feel as if many people might intend me harm. I don't feel as if I'm controllable, though. Good luck to anyone who tries."

You were so affirmative there that I'm tempted to go with 8w9 for your type, except more of your answers point to 9 as the primary.

I meant that in an honest, non-postulating sense, in case it seemed otherwise.
I just don't see how anyone could get the leverage to control me, and if they somehow did then I'd make sure their attempt blew up in their face.

Your alleged "Schizoid" is more common with 9s than 8s. I say "alleged" because you haven't verified that you really are Schizoid via some kind of testing.

The descriptions in some of those wiki pages are partly what made me second-guess my typing. I might not have SPD, but I certainly exhibit what's written there to a T. "characterized by a lack of interest in social relationships, a tendency towards a solitary or sheltered lifestyle, secretiveness, emotional coldness, and apathy. Affected individuals may simultaneously demonstrate a rich, elaborate and exclusively internal fantasy world". I practically live in my own mind, haven't really had a 'friend' in 10 years come to think, and don't really attempt to socialize - which can be enjoyable but there's no pressing need for it. I work from home, and take Vitamin D because my skin is exposed to sun maybe once every 7-14 days. I live alone. Sounds kind of miserable really, but I'm neither consistently happy nor sad; merely content in my own company. I am very happy/upbeat a lot of the time, but practically never sad.. 1, maybe 2 days a year I'll experience that apathetic pointlessness feeling. Doesn't last long.

The way I analyse things from a distance (especially always trying to get inside people's heads, to understand their perspective and what makes them tick) also seemed like it could be a 5 trait? I also dislike verbal affirmation, and things like birthdays, where expectations to do something or behave in a certain manner. Feels a little overwhelming, and most likely contributes to this excessively distant lifestyle; which is probably what lead me to wonder if I were a 9 or a 5. Is this isolation due to a 9's fear, or common 5 behaviourisms taken to an extreme? Could a 9 be counter-phobic? Might they push people away? One can't lose what they don't have, but I'm nigh-totally detached from society and it's quite comfortable. Relaxing, even. Something about that just doesn't resonate with everything that I know about 9s.

Also, if I have a question about something, I'm always reluctant to reach out for help; it feels like a waste of time because I'm usually more knowledgeable than most in that given area (this thread is a perfect example. I'm no enneagram expert, but certainly know more than the average person or casual forum-goer. I'm crossing my fingers, hoping you guys are more well-versed in enneagram than I am).

The lack of conformity makes me wonder also, I'm unsure what relationship type-5s have with conforming to other's expectations, views or demands. I rarely conform, because I'm more aware than most, and I've considered things which seem to elude the majority of people. Social norms are icky, uncomfortable things, also contributing to my isolation, most likely. I value wisdom, and won't compromise my integrity to appease less enlightened individuals. To do so would just feel like a huge step backwards. It's really easy to look at someone and just intuitively know whereabouts they stand in terms of spiritual & personal growth. So many people seem scared of introspectivity and to reflect upon traumatic memories.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well everyone seems to think 9, so that's reassuring.

Yeah, was just trying to paint a picture of what I'm about in as few words as possible. Don't 9w1s tend to have a rather critical outlook? I'm always considering differing perspectives, and I'm very tolerant so long as people aren't hurting others for the sake of personal gain/convenience; I wouldn't think such a person is bad, evil, etc. (a 'good' person would be 'bad' in the eyes of someone 'evil' - I don't judge people for having differing perspectives, I just try to understand why they are the way they are).

as for going with the flow... I tend to "go with myself" or whatever feels right, even if it's upstream or makes me something of a pariah. The extent obviously depends on how important I deem something to be, but if people judge me negatively for lack of conformity, I don't really care, they're entitled to do so. Maybe they're right, or perhaps they're being overly judgemental and closed-minded. If they want to be that way, it's fine. So long as people aren't throwing rocks through my windows then it's of no concern - that'd piss me off bigtime, and make me want to retaliate twofold.

Does this sound characteristic of a 1-wing?
Thanks for the feedback. ^^

The descriptions in some of those wiki pages are partly what made me second-guess my typing. I might not have SPD, but I certainly exhibit what's written there to a T. "characterized by a lack of interest in social relationships, a tendency towards a solitary or sheltered lifestyle, secretiveness, emotional coldness, and apathy. Affected individuals may simultaneously demonstrate a rich, elaborate and exclusively internal fantasy world". I practically live in my own mind, haven't really had a 'friend' in 10 years come to think, and don't really attempt to socialize - which can be enjoyable but there's no pressing need for it. I work from home, and take Vitamin D because my skin is exposed to sun maybe once every 7-14 days. I live alone. Sounds kind of miserable really, but I'm neither consistently happy nor sad; merely content in my own company. I am very happy/upbeat a lot of the time, but practically never sad.. 1, maybe 2 days a year I'll experience that apathetic pointlessness feeling. Doesn't last long.

The way I analyse things from a distance (especially always trying to get inside people's heads, to understand their perspective and what makes them tick) also seemed like it could be a 5 trait? I also dislike verbal affirmation, and things like birthdays, where expectations to do something or behave in a certain manner. Feels a little overwhelming, and most likely contributes to this excessively distant lifestyle; which is probably what lead me to wonder if I were a 9 or a 5. Is this isolation due to a 9's fear, or common 5 behaviourisms taken to an extreme? Could a 9 be counter-phobic? Might they push people away? One can't lose what they don't have, but I'm nigh-totally detached from society and it's quite comfortable. Relaxing, even. Something about that just doesn't resonate with everything that I know about 9s.

Also, if I have a question about something, I'm always reluctant to reach out for help; it feels like a waste of time because I'm usually more knowledgeable than most in that given area (this thread is a perfect example. I'm no enneagram expert, but certainly know more than the average person or casual forum-goer. I'm crossing my fingers, hoping you guys are more well-versed in enneagram than I am).

The lack of conformity makes me wonder also, I'm unsure what relationship type-5s have with conforming to other's expectations, views or demands. I rarely conform, because I'm more aware than most, and I've considered things which seem to elude the majority of people. Social norms are icky, uncomfortable things, also contributing to my isolation, most likely. I value wisdom, and won't compromise my integrity to appease less enlightened individuals. To do so would just feel like a huge step backwards. It's really easy to look at someone and just intuitively know whereabouts they stand in terms of spiritual & personal growth. So many people seem scared of introspectivity and to reflect upon traumatic memories.

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...n-horneys-conflicts-type-etc.html#post2702971

You've asked a lot of questions, and some of them imply a distinction between compliant and withdrawn types. Enneagram types can be correlated with Hornevian types:

type 1 - compliant
type 2 - compliant
type 3 - aggressive
type 4 - withdrawn
type 5 - withdrawn
type 6 - compliant
type 7 - aggressive
type 8 - aggressive
type 9 - withdrawn.

I don't have time to address your other questions right now. And I'll be afk for the next twelve hours.