• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] ENFJ with enneagram 5, is that possible?

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well.. As I said earlier, I am more motivated by fear and feeling secure by knowledge than motivated by goal and achievement, maybe it has to do with dramatic changes and circumstances during my life that I am afraid of many things, I try so hard to focus on certain goals but I get distracted by sudden unnecessary interest in something else and become obsessed of it, I didn't do well in college.. Maybe because I didn't get to master the field that I wanted, I mean for certain circumstances I had no choice in that, I don't know if I had the chance to study anything that I find myself passionate about, would then I found this (fire) of enthusiasm?! I really hope so :heart:

- - - Updated - - -

Well.. As I said earlier, I am more motivated by fear and feeling secure by knowledge than motivated by goal and achievement, maybe it has to do with through dramatic changes and circumstances during my life that I am afraid of many things, I try so hard to focus on certain goals but I get distracted by sudden unnecessary interest in something else and become obsessed of it, I didn't do well in college.. Maybe because I didn't get to master the field that I wanted, I mean for certain circumstances I had no choice in that, I don't know if I had the chance to study anything that I find myself passionate about, would then I found this (fire) of enthusiasm?! I really hope so :heart:

You should also look at disintegration and integration points. That might help you. For example, when 3s get stressed out, they take on exaggerated, negative traits of e9.

Also, the self-preservation instinct is very focused on fear and security too so factor that in when reading into the different descriptions.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So far she was ENFJ 2w3, so that is minimal change. The problem is that she really doesn't sound elitistic enough for a 3. It is not impossible that she is 3 but there are alternatives.

As far as I am concerned she may still be 2w3 as well. But if she wants/insists on radical change I would go towards 7, 6 or 9.

I agree with you... But are 3s necessarily elitist?

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So far she was ENFJ 2w3, so that is minimal change. The problem is that she really doesn't sound elitistic enough for a 3. It is not impossible that she is 3 but there are alternatives.

As far as I am concerned she may still be 2w3 as well. But if she wants/insists on radical change I would go towards 7, 6 or 9.

I'm open to that as well :nerd:

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As I said it is not impossible that she is 3.
But I think that average ENFJ 3 would be more selective about their image or words.

Which part of the claim exactly ?

The 2, I am open to all options generally

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Well.. As I said earlier, I am more motivated by fear and feeling secure by knowledge than motivated by goal and achievement, maybe it has to do with dramatic changes and circumstances during my life that I am afraid of many things, I try so hard to focus on certain goals but I get distracted by sudden unnecessary interest in something else and become obsessed of it, I didn't do well in college.. Maybe because I didn't get to master the field that I wanted, I mean for certain circumstances I had no choice in that, I don't know if I had the chance to study anything that I find myself passionate about, would then I found this (fire) of enthusiasm?! I really hope so :heart:

I don't think you are a 9. I don't think you are a 3 either. I think you could be a 6. They definitely have the security issues you mention. Another interesting thing is that they often don't feel they are on a good footing. Your experiences with college might have caused some of that. What did you study and what did you want to study?

Anyway, I think 6w5 or 6w7, maybe so/sp.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The pathologies of 3 and 5 go beyond goal seeking and fear.

3s defining issue is a tendency to look outside themselves for signals of self-worth. They also see attention and validation as scarce resources so they secure it by acquiring "trophies" that prove that they are competent, valuable, and consequently more deserving. This is what is meant by "vanity" in the 3 sense and it commonly manifests as competetiveness and goal achieving but I'm willing to bet there are other ways.

5s defining issue is similar to 3 in that they are motivated by a "scarcity model" but unlike 3s and validation it has to do with their energy and boundaries. They tend to feel that the world is asking too much from them, more than they're capable of giving and they're afraid that they'll be overwhelmed and forced to give everything away. This is what is meant by "avarice" in the 5 sense and the result is someone with an inclination to hoard. Energy, warmth, information, and knowledge tend to be most common protected resources but again, I'm willing to bet there are others.

Have you given 6 and 7 much consideration? From what little I know of you, I could see how the head center is probably the best fit.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well I don't know if this would provide more clarification, however these are the characters that I was often told that I resemble..
1. Betty Boop.. Specially people who has known me since childhood, my ESTP cousin often tell me that I get cartoonish at times..
2. Patcha from "The Emperor's New Groove", this is by far my favorite movie, and I can relate a lot to Patcha, except that I am more suspicious and cautious than him..
3. Hermoine Granger from Harry Potter, I was told I sound like her about 3 times or so

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think you are a 9. I don't think you are a 3 either. I think you could be a 6. They definitely have the security issues you mention. Another interesting thing is that they often don't feel they are on a good footing. Your experiences with college might have caused some of that. What did you study and what did you want to study?

Anyway, I think 6w5 or 6w7, maybe so/sp.

Mm I find your analysis most interesting so far, at least at this point of my life, thank you so much ceecee.. well I studied Banking, but I hated that it was all theoretical, I am not good at studying theories unless they show me how will I apply it in the workplace, I am more of wanting to experience things rather than just keep them in mind, and they found no place for me for training..
I am more interested in fine arts and languages, maybe decor as well

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The pathologies of 3 and 5 go beyond goal seeking and fear.

3s defining issue is a tendency to look outside themselves for signals of self-worth. They also see attention and validation as scarce resources so they secure it by acquiring "trophies" that prove that they are competent, valuable, and consequently more deserving. This is what is meant by "vanity" in the 3 sense and it commonly manifests as competetiveness and goal achieving but I'm willing to bet there are other ways.

5s defining issue is similar to 3 in that they are motivated by a "scarcity model" but unlike 3s and validation it has to do with their energy and boundaries. They tend to feel that the world is asking too much from them, more than they're capable of giving and they're afraid that they'll be overwhelmed and forced to give everything away. This is what is meant by "avarice" in the 5 sense and the result is someone with an inclination to hoard. Energy, warmth, information, and knowledge tend to be most common protected resources but again, I'm willing to bet there are others.

Have you given 6 and 7 much consideration? From what little I know of you, I could see how the head center is probably the best fit for you .

Thank you Hawthorne for this clarification, well when I did the test the last time, I didn't know what to expect, but I was somehow expecting 6 or 4 and 7 to some point, but honestly I didn't then YET read more about Enneagram types in depth, the result was (5) and to some point I could strangely relate to most of it, but at the same time it contradicts the ENFJ nature that I am pretty sure I am, I mean I can doubt all Enneagram types but never doubt ENFJ, and now as I read some of them so far I relate to a little bit of each one of them somehow :laugh: I got confused which made me now really open to all options, I find all of them exaggerated.. Or maybe I am not E healthy :unsure: anyway I don't feel that much pressure to find out more, I am taking my time, taking notes of what you guys are telling me, which I am grateful for ^_^

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well I think I would go with 6w7 it's the most I can relate to so far, I guess.. I would like to thank you all guys for your time, it was really helpful :flowerz:

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Learning skills is one thing, while finding your core type is another.

You claim to have intellectual tendencies, you claim to be a party maker and good entertainer, you act goofy when you lack arguments, you seem to hide your anxiety, you said "no rush" a few post back" ... all of that smells alot like a 7.

I would like to thank you for your suggestions, I want you to know that I appreciate it and they were very informative.. But I act goofy when I lack arguments?! :thelook:
Well I don't hold on too much to my opinions unless the person doesn't convince me with their reasoning, I don't know how goofy is that, I am more interested in searching for the truth than rushing to opinions and being defensive about a logic that can be wrong.. That's because I always believe there's something beyond, there's more to find out.. I don't (insist) on being intellectual or even (non intellectual), I don't try to fit in a certain picture, instead I want to know what I really am, I wouldn't mind being a 2 or 9 or 4 or even 8 or any other type if I find that it's describing me correctly..
You might be referring to me being "playful" somehow, yes in fact that's my nature, but I refuse to be described as goofy..

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
You might be referring to me being "playful" somehow, yes in fact that's my nature, but I refuse to be described as goofy..

Ok, English isn't my first language so that perhaps isn't the right word and I wanted something that sounds innocent but also unconventional. However I would like that you take a look at posts 33 and 34 in this thread. Don't worry I never met a ExFx that doesn't do this.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, English isn't my first language so that perhaps isn't the right word and I wanted something that sounds innocent but also unconventional. However I would like that you take a look at posts 33 and 34 in this thread. Don't worry I never met a ExFx that doesn't do this.

Aha.. Ok

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
My suspicion was that you are focusing more on the introverted functions at this point in your life, and this is why you are typing as a 5.

(if I were to guess your enneagram, I would pick Type 2)

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My suspicion was that you are focusing more on the introverted functions at this point in your life, and this is why you are typing as a 5.

(if I were to guess your enneagram, I would pick Type 2)

Thank you Legion for your response, I have some traits from 2 and maybe from 9 but the discreption is exaggerated, it is too much for me, I do relate to 5 but I am also too expressive for it, when I did the test I was expecting 7 or 6 or 4, I never expected 5, and in a strange way I could relate to it which is why I asked for more opinions..
Thankfully I could relate so much more to 6w7 now and I read that they usually mistyped as e2 which explains why I got 2 when I did the test a long time ago, this is the first time that I relate to an enneagram that much :)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
[MENTION=26281]geedoenfj[/MENTION]

How well do you relate to Type 1?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
[MENTION=26281]geedoenfj[/MENTION]

Why do you Type yourself as F rather than T?