• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Which is my core?

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okays guys, I am pretty sure that I am a 378/873/783 enneagram type in some order. I get a lot of people saying that I am 3, but also a lot of people saying that I am a 7 or an 8 as my core. I am definitely a sx dominant (which probably makes things harder).

Outwardly, I can see how I resemble a type 7's basic traits ...but I don't resonate with their 'fears' as such:

Type 7 – The fear of deprivation and pain.

Type 7s strive to achieve their wildest desires and find fulfillment. Their pervasive, underlying fear is that their needs and desires will not be met by others, and so they must go and pursue them themselves. They are constantly aiming to move away from pain, sadness, and helplessness and towards independence, happiness, and fulfillment.

I honestly don't mind pain at all. I can take it easily and give it easily. I actually have fun with pain in my own ways. I don't think that I'm prone to helplessness either (yeah, I might be lazy sometimes but I can do anything fine. I know what to do. I know how to get out of this shit I'm in etc.) I wouldn't say that my core aim is to move away from the negative at all. Although I don't actually focus on it and am pretty calm-headed, I'm not actively pursuing to 'move away' from negativity.

Now type 3:

Type 3 – The fear of being unaccomplished and worthless.

Type 3s strive to achieve success within their community, believing it to be a measure of their own worth. This type’s pervasive, underlying fear is that they are inherently worthless and undesirable apart from their achievements, and they must, therefore, accomplish as much as possible in order to be desired and accepted by others. They are constantly aiming to move away from worthlessness and towards impressive achievements that will earn them the respect and admiration of others.

Sometimes I feel worthless if I don't achieve things and seek them out. I don't like not acheving the things that I set out to do one way or another. I am pretty driven when I know that I can get something out of the things which I am doing (money, fame, success etc) and don't like doing things for nothing. But as for the admiration of others? I don't mind not being admired, but it is nice to be admired for what you do.

Type 8:

Type 8 – The fear of being harmed or controlled by others.

Type 8s strive to become strong, independent and self-directed. Their pervasive, underlying fear is of being violated, betrayed or controlled while at the mercy of others. They feel secure and okay so long as they are in control of their circumstances. They are constantly aiming to move away from external limitations and toward self-sufficiency and power.

I really don't like other people trying to control me and not being in charge of things. If I can think it, I can do it and do it good. I like having power in situations. I like being heard and can argue my point if I have to. I've always tried to be self-sufficient when I can. I know who has the power and I also know how to 'control them' (force them out of it) if I want to. I know what to say to get people to listen to me.

And my anger drives me to things. Not sure what this is but anger is a driving force for me. A motivation to do things and sort them out. And keep on top of things.

I dunno if this is enneagram related as such, but maybe it does.

So, any thoughts/opinions whilst I'm still here? Wanna ask me anything? Make it snappy!

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
shave.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

mooseantlers

Knobgoblin
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
I don't know anything outside Myers Briggs, but good to see you man!!! I'm back and here to stay!

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
AH, I wasn't sure if you did or not but anyway I tagged you here xD Also, I am (kinda) back on here.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
What about yourself would you be the most embarrassed to admit to someone else?

Think about that - and why.

Numbly Aware

I wanna fcken feel right
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Okays guys, I am pretty sure that I am a 378/873/783 enneagram type in some order. I get a lot of people saying that I am 3, but also a lot of people saying that I am a 7 or an 8 as my core. I am definitely a sx dominant (which probably makes things harder).

Outwardly, I can see how I resemble a type 7's basic traits ...but I don't resonate with their 'fears' as such:

I honestly don't mind pain at all. I can take it easily and give it easily. I actually have fun with pain in my own ways. I don't think that I'm prone to helplessness either (yeah, I might be lazy sometimes but I can do anything fine. I know what to do. I know how to get out of this shit I'm in etc.) I wouldn't say that my core aim is to move away from the negative at all. Although I don't actually focus on it and am pretty calm-headed, I'm not actively pursuing to 'move away' from negativity.

Now type 3:

Sometimes I feel worthless if I don't achieve things and seek them out. I don't like not acheving the things that I set out to do one way or another. I am pretty driven when I know that I can get something out of the things which I am doing (money, fame, success etc) and don't like doing things for nothing. But as for the admiration of others? I don't mind not being admired, but it is nice to be admired for what you do.

Type 8:

I really don't like other people trying to control me and not being in charge of things. If I can think it, I can do it and do it good. I like having power in situations. I like being heard and can argue my point if I have to. I've always tried to be self-sufficient when I can. I know who has the power and I also know how to 'control them' (force them out of it) if I want to. I know what to say to get people to listen to me.

And my anger drives me to things. Not sure what this is but anger is a driving force for me. A motivation to do things and sort them out. And keep on top of things.

I dunno if this is enneagram related as such, but maybe it does.

So, any thoughts/opinions whilst I'm still here? Wanna ask me anything? Make it snappy!

But like, if u were 3 then you'd have confidence for no reason, just'z just there. If yr 8 then u'd be "moody" just because, and I think that's where 8's get their confidence from. Idk if they live in negativity, but I think they're comfortable with it. I vote 8 just because. XD (7's tend to be like, "WHY THE HELL ISN'T POSIVITE?!!")

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But like, if u were 3 then you'd have confidence for no reason, just'z just there. If yr 8 then u'd be "moody" just because, and I think that's where 8's get their confidence from. Idk if they live in negativity, but I think they're comfortable with it. I vote 8 just because. XD (7's tend to be like, "WHY THE HELL ISN'T POSIVITE?!!")

[MENTION=21639]Kullervo[/MENTION] - Honestly? My weaknesses. I want to be seen as both a strong, independent person but alspo a motivational leader. Your weaknesses are what make you vulnerable. Why should people know them? I mean, if everyone knew the Colonel's secret recipe, would he have done so well? No. People would have stolen his recipe and made equally tasty chicken and sabotaged his business.