• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Love is Just a Wing Away

á´…eparted

passages
@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/24829.html" target="_blank">Masokissed</a>

Instead of a sandwich...fapjacks?

Jacks_zpsajy8ehtk.png

That immediately made me think of this (which I haven't thought of in years).

Starry

[MENTION=24829]Masokissed[/MENTION]

Instead of a sandwich...fapjacks?

Jacks_zpsajy8ehtk.png

haha Cloupatrol. Was this an advertisement from like the 1970s to sell like maple syrup or something? I love this...and am simultaneously wondering why feminism? haha I totally needed this laugh - thank you so much.

Starry

Looking at a standard type combo like ESFJ 2w3 - that would be ISXP (depending if the theory you're talking about is "swap all letters except S/N" or "flip the introverted/extroverted orientation of the functional stacking") or INTP (duality) and 1w2 or 3w4...... :thinking: I don't know how that type combo would go but I wish the ESFJ luck with that.

:(

gromit

likes this
Let's hear all about the recent guy...

I don't even know what to say.

He is so very dear to me. Sososo funny, like turning expectations upside down kinda humor. We have lots of same interests, hiking, outdoors stuff, chilling. We are both fairly laid-back in temperament.

But also I think he is more security-oriented than me. And I have more feeeelings than him. Or more expressive of them. He keeps his more inside and is maybe a little uncomfortable by too strong emotions. Could be cultural too (he is more midwest/mountain west)

Still, he is very tender with me, and is working on emotions stuff. And I am working on not being so sensitive or insecure?

He has a very sweet dog and lovely relationship with his family of origin. Loyal and helpful to the people in his life. Just an all-around good egg. He is one of the best I've ever dated or been with.

We have reeeeally amazing chemistry too.

Starry

I don't even know what to say.

He is so very dear to me. Sososo funny, like turning expectations upside down kinda humor. We have lots of same interests, hiking, outdoors stuff, chilling. We are both fairly laid-back in temperament.

But also I think he is more security-oriented than me. And I have more feeeelings than him. Or more expressive of them. He keeps his more inside and is maybe a little uncomfortable by too strong emotions. Could be cultural too (he is more midwest/mountain west)

Still, he is very tender with me, and is working on emotions stuff. And I am working on not being so sensitive or insecure?

He has a very sweet dog and lovely relationship with his family of origin. Loyal and helpful to the people in his life. Just an all-around good egg. He is one of the best I've ever dated or been with.

We have reeeeally amazing chemistry too.

I just feel so happy reading these kinds of things. Especially when I think the world of one of the two. This is so great gromit. So super happy for you!

Starry

It's deeper than that...it really is.... I worked the whole thing out in my head last in night over a bowl of popcorn, but then I went to sleep and may have lost all my clarity on it.

It has to do with them being the cornerstone of the basic fixations all the others stem from, etc, etc, etc, and so they see themselves a lot in other types, plus descriptions fail to capture their variety (I hold these to be the most populous types, whatever stats say).

I was reading this over again the other day and was left with the impression once again of how fuckin brilliant you are. You have so much to offer the world and people close around you. Time to go out and snag yourself an ENFJ 3w4! haha.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, considering 6w7s don't actually exist...it would only be 8w9 for you haha. Yah, Z Buck mentioned the constant *e6 testing* as potentially being draining as well.

IRL or online? I have a fool proof method for finding them IRL. First find yourself a café the kind that plays The Smiths ad infinitum.

Second loudly proclaim that Trotsky was a delusional moron best forgotten. Wait a moment for it to sink in; then tell them that Keats couldn't have written his way out of a paper bag, and how unfortunate it was that the tuberculous didn't finish him off sooner.

Step three; run as though the gates of hell where behind you.

Voilà anybody chasing you is a 6w7.

Actually, I think 8s test their partners too but their's is a means to an end. In other words, once they trust you they trust you.

Interesting; my experience with 8s particularly the female variety is very limited.

Actually, with you I just think you should date a 7w6. And I have someone in mind. She's amazing.

:shock: I think I just walked into a trap.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
So I was just wondering if anyone else feels a sense of compatibility/connection with their wing away points?

Relevant:

math2.png

According to SimilarMinds (I'm not sure why or how they've come to this conclusion), the ideal romantic partner for each type is:

1w9 x 9w1
1w2 x 9w8
2w1 x 8w9
2w3 x 8w7

and so on.

I feel a strong romantic attraction to 4s, especially 4w3s, but they tend to make poor friends for me as the attraction stems not from commonalities, but from each party having something the other doesn't (and wants). If you consider my Enneatype (6w7) this fits the theory. While this is only an anecdote, I struggle to understand 7s, while 5s and I are simply like oil and water.

Starry

Relevant:

math2.png

According to SimilarMinds (I'm not sure why or how they've come to this conclusion), the ideal romantic partner for each type is:

1w9 x 9w1
1w2 x 9w8
2w1 x 8w9
2w3 x 8w7

and so on.

I feel a strong romantic attraction to 4s, especially 4w3s, but they tend to make poor friends for me as the attraction stems not from commonalities, but from each party having something the other doesn't (and wants). If you consider my Enneatype (6w7) this fits the theory. While this is only an anecdote, I struggle to understand 7s, while 5s and I are simply like oil and water.

This is an interesting one Kullervo and one I've never seen - thank you for it.