• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Could Enneagrams Determine Your Hogwarts House?

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I was sitting here, thinking about how enneagram types are decided. If they are centered around fears and goals, doesn't that mean enneagram correlates with the way people are sorted? I am one of those Harry Potter fans who didn't get too absorbed the books or even the movies but is extremely interested in the lore for all the non main characters, so if there is a quote in the book or some trivia that makes this entire thread irrelevant, please let me know.

View attachment 16233

Here's a blank wheel I sloppily drew with wings. What type would go to which house?

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Here is my prediction, but again, I'm not as big of a Potterhead as I could be.

View attachment 16234

Oh boy, I wonder how tritype and instincts would apply as well!

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hahaha. Hufflepuff?

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think you could, but it'd be uneven. To fix this we should have pure types and then hatstalls assigned to certain types.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I am not sure I'd put type 5 with Hufflepuff. Here are my predictions:

1w9: Slytherin. Cool, moral stasis and determination lead me towards Slytherin. Alternative could be Ravenclaw.
1w2: Hufflepuff. Probably emulates the hardworking and dutiful side of Hufflepuff. Alternative could be Ravenclaw.
2w1: Hufflepuff. Helpfulness and duty combine to make a true Puff. Alternative could be Ravenclaw.
2w3: Slytherin. Connection to 3 and disintegration to 8 actually make the 2w3 quite cunning. Alternative could obviously be Hufflepuff.
3w2: Slytherin. Core 3 is quite Slytherin. Alternative could be Hufflepuff.
3w4: Slytherin. See above. Alternative could be Ravenclaw (4 wing adds a cooler, more introspective side).
4w3: Gryffindor. Identity-seeking and 3 wing seem Gryffindor. Alternative could be Ravenclaw.
4w5: Ravenclaw. More analytical flavor of 4. Alternative could be Slytherin.
5w4: Ravenclaw. 5 is classic Ravenclaw. Alternative could be Gryffindor (mental stimulation).
5w6: Ravenclaw. See above for 5. Alternative could be Hufflepuff for the dutiful 6 wing.
6w5: Ravenclaw. Phobic 6 seeks security using knowledge as a tool, quite Ravenclaw-like. Alternative could be Hufflepuff.
6w7: Hufflepuff. Phobic 6 is the definition of a Hufflepuff. Alternative could be a Gryffindor for the 7 wing or a counterphobic 6.
7w6: Gryffindor. Stimulation-seeking Gryffindor. Alternative could be Hufflepuff for the 6 wing.
7w8: Gryffindor. See above for 7. Alternative could be Slytherin for the power-seeking 8 wing.
8w7: Gryffindor. Assertive Gryffindor. Alternative could be Slytherin for the search of power.
8w9: Slytherin. This 8 seems cooler and more stereotypically "Slytherin" than the other flavor of 8. Alternative could be Gryffindor.
9w8: Gryffindor. Easygoing and often playful. Alternative could be Hufflepuff.
9w1: Hufflepuff. Search for peace and moral righteousness is classically Hufflepuff. Alternative could be Ravenclaw.

Whaddya think?

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It could maybe hint at one or more houses, but 6s and 9s as usual would be wildcards.

Typing the characters in the movies could provide some insight

Umbridge (1w2) and Snape (1w9) - both Slytherin
Harry (7w6) Hermione (6w7) and Ron (6w5) and Neville (6w7) - all Gryffindor
Cedric Digory (3w2?) - Hufflepuff
Luna (5w6?) - Ravenclaw
Draco (??) - Slytherin
Mad Eye (8w7) - Unknown house? That's annoying

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Proposed Hufflepuff house motto: "Honey badger do care."

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think 1s,3s and 8s are core slytherins. 2s and 9s are core Hufflepuffs. 6s and 7s are Gryffindor and finally 4s and 5s are Ravenclaw.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It could maybe hint at one or more houses, but 6s and 9s as usual would be wildcards.

Typing the characters in the movies could provide some insight

Umbridge (1w2) and Snape (1w9) - both Slytherin
Harry (7w6) Hermione (6w7) and Ron (6w5) and Neville (6w7) - all Gryffindor
Cedric Digory (3w2?) - Hufflepuff
Luna (5w6?) - Ravenclaw
Draco (??) - Slytherin
Mad Eye (8w7) - Unknown house? That's annoying

a few disagreements:
Umbridge: 6w5 So/Sp (she doesn't really have any of her own principles, authority or convictions like a 1. it's all based on external authority like the Prussian 6)
Hermione: 1w2 Sp/So (could be 3w4 Sp/So as well). not as scattered as 6w7
Luna: 5w4 (more dreamy and eccentric than the more conservative, technical and security oriented 5w6)
Draco: unhealthy Social 2w3

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] I've been thinking 8w7 for Draco lately, he's a very resilient character.

and I thought Hermione was very scattered :D

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] I've been thinking 8w7 for Draco lately, he's a very resilient character.
and I thought Hermione was very scattered :D
nah, he runs off to daddy too much to be an 8 and has too much of a need for support networks. 8s are a bit more, shall we say, "socially agnostic".

I'm going with 2w3>6w5>8w7 So/Sp

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Self-Preservation 1: Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw
Social 1: any house
Sexual 1: Gryfindor
Self-Preservation 2: Hufflepuff
Social 2: Gryfindor
Sexual 2: Gryfindor or Slytherin
Self-Preservation 3: Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff
Social 3: Ravenclaw or Slytherin
Sexual 3: Hufflepuff or Gryfindor
Self-Preservation 4: Gryfindor
Social 4: Ravenclaw
Sexual 4: Ravenclaw or Slytherin
Self-Preservation 5: Ravenclaw or Slytherin
Social 5: Ravenclaw
Sexual 5: Ravenclaw
Self-Preservation 6: Hufflepuff
Social 6: Hufflepuff
Sexual 6: Gryfindor or Slytherin
Self-Preservation 7: Gryfindor or Slytherin
Social 7: Hufflepuff of Gryfindor
Sexual 7: Gryfindor
Self-Preservation 8: Slytherin
Social 8: Gryfindor
Sexual 8: Gryfindor or Slytherin
Self-Preservation 9: Hufflepuff
Social 9: Hufflepuff
Sexual 9: Hufflepuff

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
nah, he runs off to daddy too much to be an 8 and has too much of a need for support networks. 8s are a bit more, shall we say, "socially agnostic".

I'm going with 2w3>6w5>8w7 So/Sp

Going by parental issues, I'm thinking 8s are usually portrayed with daddy issues. 2s have mommy issues

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Going by parental issues, I'm thinking 8s are usually portrayed with daddy issues. 2s have mommy issues

8's daddy issues are not "running off to daddy" issues. 8's daddy issues are "fuck you! I'm in charge old man!"

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
8's daddy issues are not "running off to daddy" issues. 8's daddy issues are "fuck you! I'm in charge old man!"

What do you think Draco's MBTI is?

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1 - Hufflepuff because no other house fits. Helga took the rest so.

2w1 - Hufflepuff because they are Helga's spawn.

2w3 - Slytherin because of the 3 wing and the ESFP 2w3s in particular wouldn't fit in well with the Hufflepuffs.

3 - Slytherin because they are Salazar's spawn.

4w3 - Slytherin because it is the most Slytherin type after 3. Edit: Slytherin is basically the double-heart squad!

4w5 - Ravenclaw because it is the most Ravenclaw type after 5.

5 - Ravenclaw because they are Rowena's spawn.

6w5 - Ravenclaw over Hufflepuff because the INTx 6w5s in particular wouldn't fit in the Hufflepuff at all.

6w7 - Hufflepuff because they are the embodiment of the Hufflepuff values.

7w6 - Gryffindor over Hufflepuff because their escapist nature is somewhat brave and they'd fit in more with the 7w8s, 8s and 9w8s at Gryffindor.

7w8 - Gryffindor because they are Gordic's spawn.

8 - Gryffindor but I can understand why someone would see them in Slytherin. They fit more of the Gryffindor qualities than the Slytherin qualities. The only Slytherin quality that they have is being power-hungry besides it would be great if 8s were in the hero house since they are often demonized.

9w8 - Gryffindor because the 9w8's with a strong 8 wing wouldn't fit in well in Hufflepuff besides we are low-key badasses. Harry himself was a 9w8 Gryffindor.

9w1 - Hufflepuff because they are self-effacing and they become loyal under stress, lol.

Last edited:

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here are my predictions:

1w9: Slytherin. moral stasis

On what planet are Slytherins linked to morality?

and determination lead me towards Slytherin.
Why would a 1w9 be more determined than a 1w2? The 1w9's 9 wing makes them the more self-effacing 1 which makes them more Hufflepuff than 1w2s.

Alternative could be Ravenclaw.
No, 1's aren't heady in the slightest. They have underdeveloped thinking skills and they are always described as doers.

I think 1s are core slytherins.

These 1s that you find slytherin-esque are mistyped 3s. Christian 3s often say that they are 1s because they don't want to admit to being deceptive.

6s are Gryffindor.

Not at all. 6's vice is fear which is not courageous.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] I think linking it to instincts is OTT. Their house isn't going to change just because they are a certain instinct. Ex: The sx 3 may very well be caring compared to the other 3s but they are trying to attract others to their package which is very Slytherin.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
No because Ennea is in reality and Harry Potter is pure fucking fiction?