• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Could Enneagrams Determine Your Hogwarts House?

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
J. K. Rowling basically says that you can choose which house to be in. It follows that enneagram type, like ancestry, does not predetermine your house--the will of the individual does. Anything else is contrary to the underlying message Rowling was trying to convey about humans having the free will to decide their own actions regardless of background.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
J. K. Rowling basically says that you can choose which house to be in. .

Well, that's very boring. The concept of actually having the qualities of what the house possesses is much better or at least if that person does grow into that in the future.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, that's very boring. The concept of actually having the qualities of what the house possesses is much better or at least if that person does grow into that in the future.
It may be boring, but it's cannon, and one of the "moral lessons" of the book, idk.

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol I often get ravenclaw, and sometimes Hufflepuff
guess you could say I have a little bit of both

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hermione is definitely a 1w2.
Draco is a 3w4.
Harry is a 6, not sure of wing.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
My personal opinions (though there are always plenty of exceptions, I'm sure):
1w9: Ravenclaw
1w2: Gryffindor
2w1: Hufflepuff
2w3: Gryffindor
3w2: Slytherin
3w4: Slytherin
4w3: Slytherin
4w5: Ravenclaw
5w4: Ravenclaw
5w6: Ravenclaw
6w5: Ravenclaw
6w7: Gryffindor
7w6: Gryffindor
7w8: Gryffindor
8w7: Slytherin
8w9: Gryffindor
9w8: Hufflepuff
9w1: Hufflepuff

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I disagree with the notion of E1 being in Slytherin... 1s are normally morally-oriented people that would not normally break the rules. Slytherins are cunning, and "cunning" is not a trait I would associate with E1. E1 should be in Ravenclaw or Gryffindor, IMO.

2 would most definitely be in Hufflepuff.

3 would definitely be in Slytherin. Resourceful, shrewd, and ambitious - seems to fit the traits of both Slytherin and enneagram 3.

4w3 would be Gryffindor or Slytherin. 4w5 would be Ravenclaw.

5 would be Ravenclaw without a doubt.

6w5 would be Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff, and 6w7 would be Hufflepuff or Gryffindor (phobic). Counterphobic sixes would be Gryffindor or Slytherin.

7 would be Gryffindor without a doubt.

8 could be Gryffindor or Slytherin.

9 would definitely be in Hufflepuff.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ok so rather than do like a house for each, I'll put traits from the different houses I think could fit each type

1 - Chivalry/Determination (Gryffindor), Ambition/Self-Preservation (Slytherin), Loyalty/Fair Play/Modesty (Hufflepuff)
2 - Chivalry/Courage/Nerve (Gryffindor), Ambition/Pride/Fraternity (Slytherin), Loyalty/Kindness (Hufflepuff), Acceptance (Ravenclaw)
3 - Daring/Nerve (Gryffindor), Cunning/Ambition/Resourceful/Pride/Leadership (Slytherin), Dedication (Hufflepuff), Wit/Sharpness (Ravenclaw)
4 - Courage/Nerve (Gryffindor), Self-Preservation (Slytherin), Tolerance (Huffelpuff), Creativity/Originality/Individuality (Ravenclaw)
5 - Nerve (Gryffindor), Self-Preservation/Resourceful (Slytherin), Dedication (Hufflepuff), Wit/Wisdom/Creativity/Originality/Individuality (Ravenclaw)
6- Chivalry/Courage (Gryffindor), Self-Preservation/Resourceful/Fraternity (Slytherin), Loyalty/Fair Play/Modesty/Dedication (Hufflepuff)
7 - Daring/Nerve/Adventurous (Gryffindor), Cunning/Resourceful (Slytherin), Wit/Creativity/Individuality (Ravenclaw)
8 - Daring/Nerve/Courage (Gryffindor), Ambitious/Resourceful/Leadership (Slytherin), Dedication (Hufflepuff), Individuality (Ravenclaw)
9 - Chivalry (Gryffindor), Self-Preservation (Slytherin), Loyalty/Fair Play/Tolerance/Patience (Hufflepuff), Creativity/Originality (Ravenclaw)

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Idk I mean I am a pure E1 and I got slytherin when I took the hogwarts thing. XD

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I definitely agree that there could be a correlation between the two. However, I don't think they can be directly translated, as some of the other replies already showed.
What is most important about being in a certain Hogwarts House is what you value most and what house you WANT to be in.
This can be heavily influenced by the enneagram but doesn't have to be. I would suggest though that a combination of mbti AND enneagram might be a better way to predict the houses but is also not really indicative at times.

To give a personal example:
While I value harmony, hard work and getting along, I would want to be sorted into Ravenclaw because I want to think of myself as intelligent, wise, create, deep and unique and I admire people with those qualities.
It's important to me that people see me that way too and I always search for way where I can expand my own understanding of things.
Meanwhile I am definitely a 9w1. I think the Fi makes the difference here. The same could be said about Luna (though some people believe she might be a 4 as well).
Another good example would be Lupin who is typed as 9w1 by most but belonged to Gryffindor. Here even him being an INFJ doesn't explain the tendencies. The only explanation we are left with is that he simply valued the traits that are representative of Gryffindor.

I might have taken this question too seriously but I just wanted to give my 2 cents :D

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Will of individual aside, yeah, correlation. Commonality. Such are common things. There is always, one might say, a best fit, or a uh, "better fit", so to speak. Regardless though, I suppose you wouldn't be required but it seems clear when the Hat determines your house in harry potter it must have some correlation with individual tendencies strengths and weaknesses.

In any case, I always get Slytherin #1, Ravenclaw #2. It seems pretty fitting for an ENTP, especially an ambitious one like me (the 4 and 3 in me). In the concept of house merging though, I'm pretty well comfortable with Slytherclaw (lol)

Here

Let's break it down in my case, cuz I'm bored and wanna contribute something useful