• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Experiencing tritype fixes on different way than type profile/definition

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am wondering if everyone here has a similar situation.

Does anyone else has a situation that they probably/likely have one ennegram fix even if they don't openly relate to this type as if that type is core type ? Since in combination with everything else this fix gets "lost" or it is simply the drop that spills the glass ?

For my exact case:

Since the first time I looked into tritypes I am uncertain if my heart fix is 3 or 4. There are arguments for both sides but nothing is a really good fit, especially since I have inferior Fi and I don't relate too much with the issues of a heart triad in general. What makes things difficult to determine.

On the other side there is a e2. Something I don't relate too openly at all but what profiles say about 2 in combination with 8 and 5 is rather interesting.

Triple rejection (258) - Strategist tritype

This tritype wants to really be of service by providing useful information to others and protecting others through their knowledge or expertise in a particular area. The energy seems quite split because of the introverted 5 interjecting with the extroverted 2 and 8 energy mingling. It can be a confusing type because there is a hot/cold quality to them that can be difficult for people to understand. One minute they are helpful and warm, the next cold and rejecting, and then another seemingly directive and blunt. On the high side they really know what is needed to protect and guide others. They can sometimes feel they don't have the internal resources to help others but want to have something to offer (which contributes to the hot/cold quality). If self pres were in charge it would really amplify the notion of feeling protective over resources creating tension against the need to be a resource to others.

If you are a 258, you are caring, knowledgeable and protective. You want to be helpful, wise and straight- forward. You are an intellectual ambivert both extroverted and introverted. You are caring and can easily move towards others to help, or feel over extended and feel the need to be pull away. Your life mission is to help, inform and/or protect others. A true analyst, you are happiest when you are in a position of leadership and can use your natural instinct to understand strategic principles to guide others. You can be so identified with your opinions that you can be too forward or too distant from others, which can appear intense, unpredictable and intimidating

Likely to deny that they have needs themselves, deny vulnerability, deny deny deny "it's the others who depend on me, not the other way around", and can exert a great deal of strategic insight into most situations and become the classic 'mastermind' behind affairs. When less healthy they are control freaks and can't leave others alone---they need to be the prime mover of them all, while denying all the way that they need the control.

These types, more than anything, need to have the upper hand on people. They may be manipulative and/or domineering. Very often, power hungry.
2-5-8 typess captures very well my secretiveness and wariness when around other people, and how I do the usual T ( Thinking ) by showing love through doing things for the loved one.

Your emotional energy goes towards seeking safety and certainty in relationships. You are sensitive to and expect rejection from others. Also, you tend to feel separate from others. You hold back your true self in relationships, offering instead, a skill, service or protection. Overall, because you expect to be rejected, you are cautious in relationships and may be hesitant to form attachments. As a result, you want others to come towards you.

Not exactly the most caregiving/humble person. This is almost unlinkable to Fe stereotypes and e2 questions on tests.

As I said over and over: I have through life passed through serious social alienation that defined me and therefore I see myself as a person that doesn't have a clear "purpose". However when I fully engage others I come across as overwhelming, obviously controlling and way too determined. I can throw orders on people for hours and actually enjoy it, however my reasons for this are basically always in the domain of Super Ego. For one time I have changed my 8w9 into 1w9 exactly because I know very well that there is some serious amount of super ego in me beneath the surface. However I have changed back since e1 rationalzations don't really work for me, but I have a problem figuring out from where these motivations are comming from. However having the hidden 2w1 fix beneath all that armour would actually be something that would make sense. I even came across info that 2w1 can be easy too much since it is towards gut types and may lack typical motivations of Heart triad.

However when I fully mobilize I simply roll over people and therefore I try to keep my energy at lower levels since people like me that way much better. What is basically the main reason why I actually thought I am INTJ. On the other hand I am a person that gets supplies, that goes to buy meds during a snow storm, organizes/repairs stuff, overrides "bad" decisions of people and makes things right, my father claims I am better cook than my mother, I drag people out of problems when possible, I heal people in video games since I am certain that will harm the oppostion more than anything else etc. However I don't see myself as helper but simply as the person that makes things work.

Vice of 2 is pride and vice of 4 is envy and I will take "pride" out of those two at any day as correct feeling for me. However 852 makes pretty closed enneagram loops and if I don't keep some distance this can happen and I alienate myself:

I keep it low on drama no matter what but I surelly can come as bossy when I am myself.
All of this can be explained with my arrow towards 2, however if that arrow becomes strong enough 2 becomes my fix and I go too far since in my environment so much stuff that needs fixing. Therefore I have to keep my growth under control and I run through loops over and over again. What only enforces rejection.

Especially since this means that I have all 3 gut types in the tritype ... what is awkward. (8w9 and 2w1 heart fix)
What indeed creates hot/cold quality if I control myself around others.

Is anyone else here experiencing fixes in atypical way and differently from the basic idea of that type ?

Thoughts ?