• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] intj-paradigm's INTJ Type 1 profile

Personality Analyst

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I found this profile that was on a deactivated tumblr account which really describes well how the INTJ and Type 1 manifest:

Type 1: The core desire of this type is perfection. The core fear is corruption. There is a fixation with right action and ethics, the nature of which varies with the wing.

1w2 individuals focus on making morally correct decisions. 1w9 individuals focus on making logically correct decisions. Both view themselves as operating in the realm of right and wrong, the difference is that the 1w9 orients himself through reason, rather than static principles that go unquestioned.

As a result, 1w9 individuals have the potential to be reformers. If we examine Martin Luther (INTJ) he existed during a time of religious corruption in which the Church handed out unethical decrees at a frequent rate. This generally went unquestioned until Luther became active. He waged war on the Church (so to speak,) overthrew their values, and spearheaded what would later become known as the Protestant Reformation.

To be perfect is to live in line with one’s ethics, to be corrupt is stray or be forced to stray. The 1w9 is especially concerned with the outer world, and as a result, will strive to manifest their ideals and actively fight whatever contradicts their ideals.

1w9 - The Idealist

INTJs of this type will emphasize their Fi more than usual. They direct their values outward and into rational form through Te, thereby seeming as rational as the INTJs of other enneagrams. They also tend to strictly control their emotions, forbidding outbursts and irrationality of any kind. They are very likely to mistype as 5w6 or 5w4 because they embody the typical characteristics and behaviors that you’d expect of an INTJ.

1w9s however, are far more fixated on issues of ethics and rightness, and are attuned to how they manifest in the outer world. Reformist streaks are likely to arise should they cross something that reeks of corruption or moral deficiency, and curiously, this reformist activity will be primarily Te in nature.

Competency is intensely valued. If they accept what is requested or required of them they will perform outstandingly and consistently, hardly ever making a mistake. They tend to be more “by the book” than INTJs of other enneagrams, take fewer risks, are profoundly disciplined, and I would say more ethical than the others (especially 3 and 8 INTJs, that tend to embody a “by any means” attitude.)

At their worst, they have explosive tempers, are intolerant of alternative views and perspectives, are extremely judgmental, and susceptible to emotional turmoil related to their high and sometimes impossible standards. At their best they are heroically ethical, have leadership capabilities, can operate as influential agents of change, and teach more than they preach.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
oh hey. i know he switched to entj-paradigm at some point. (which i totally called but that would be bragging...)

but now that's gone too. wonder what happened.

i disagree with his characterization of 1w9 as more rational or motivated by reason than 1w2.

since i was just talking to someone about maitri, i'll leave her description of 1's wings here which i think do a better job of catching their difference.

The Spiritual Dimensions of the Enneagram said:
The Wings of Enneatype One
As the midpoint between Ego-Indolence (Nine) and Ego-Flattery (Two), a One has a wing going to sleep on her essential nature on the one hand, and pride on the other. On the Nine side, there is a profound inner sense of worthlessness and resignation about oneself; and on the Two side, there is self-inflation and grandiosity. So there is the sense of valuelessness on the one hand, and an overvaluation of self on the other. What results is the One's sense of being basically flawed, but with the deadening to self and outer directedness of Nine plus the pride of Two, the badness gets projected outward - others are bad and need to be fixed.

Also, caught between the Nine's demand of herself to be universally loving and holding, and the Two's demand of herself to be someone who loves others and whom others love, Ones inevitably must identify with their superego and try to be perfect. And just as inevitably, they must also feel fundamentally not good enough at meeting these ultraloving demands. The sense of not being perfect also comes from the intersection of the Nine's sense of insufficiency and worthlessness, meeting the Two's fundamental sense of rejection.

Personality Analyst

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh hey. i know he switched to entj-paradigm at some point. (which i totally called but that would be bragging...)

but now that's gone too. wonder what happened.

i disagree with his characterization of 1w9 as more rational or motivated by reason than 1w2.

since i was just talking to someone about maitri, i'll leave her description of 1's wings here which i think do a better job of catching their difference.

Yes the user turned out to be an ENTJ and switched it to entj-paradigm, but this was from his oldest posts as intj-paradigm. I agree with what you've said since both 1 & 9 are gut types essentially & thus are driven by instinct. I guess the emphasis on the rational nature of 1w9 in this description is to show how it manifested in an INTJ specifically, as 1w9s are known to mistype as 5w6.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think this guy goes by ENTJs now (you can tell by his writing style). I have no clue why I followed him since I don't like him. I guess it's because I looked for a lot of mbti blogs and stumbled across it.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think this guy goes by ENTJs now (you can tell by his writing style). I have no clue why I followed him since I don't like him. I guess it's because I looked for a lot of mbti blogs and stumbled across it.

That's him alright. I was blinded by the miasma of Machiavellianism as soon as I pressed enter.

It appears he did not save the articles from when he moved. Apparently he is also going through some MBTI disillusionment and likely won't be remaking them anytime soon.