• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Which is your tritype ?

Select your tritype category

• Total voters

*avariel*

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
4w5-6w5-1w2 so/sp (461 - The Philosopher)

I relate to the 145-Resercher, too. But I think it's due to my two 5-wings.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
359 - The Thinker (3w4, 5w4, 9w ? - due to my strong 4 wings I can be mistaken for or even appear like a 459 - but I know a 459 INFJ and she's noticeably more withdrawn than I am ... I learned to be patient)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gut: physical presence in the way that a person takes up space.
-8 fixers take up space unapologetically and just seem solid...
-9 fixers take up space apologetically and seem unsubstantial physically in the unhealthier levels while more in flow in the healthier levels
-1 fixers take up space somewhere in between, rigid, tense, clenched

Heart: information a person consciously or unconsciously presents about him/herself.
-2 fixers present as more unimportant, humble, a 'servant'...
-3 fixers present as more of a consistent winner, sometimes regal....
-4 fixers present as more intense, self-referential, deep, sometimes erratic

Head: orientation towards thinking and ideas.
-5 fixers think more for the delight of 'big ideas' about human behavior and creating new concepts to keep reality aligned with their 'cerebral landscape'...
-6 fixers think more for the responsibility of assessing and defending current beliefs/people to figure out what/who is reliable and what they can be certain about...
-7 fixers think more for the delight of staying on the move (mentally or physically) in search of new ideas to stimulate their minds with

:huh:

The 2 description makes no sense...that is more likely how 9 or phobic 6 might show up...perhaps a very healthy social 2 may show up that way (and I know one who does, but I wouldn't call her prototypical). The 2 vice is PRIDE. The sx 2 is seductive and the sp 2 is entitled. The social 2 is the "helper" which dominates too many of the 2 profiles. IMO, 2 energy is often diva energy.... they present themselves as a gift, someone you should be impressed with and be influenced by.

IMO, 3s come across as polished and more restrained than 2s. 3s are vain, meaning they don't openly look for confirmation as much as 2s. They come across as more aloofly confident. 4s are also likely to have a regal, aloof air (elitism), but also may seem strange and disconnected (what people call "self-absorbed").

As for head fixes, I wonder if 6 could be characterized by strategy (even when it's interpersonal as with feeling phobic 6s), often with an eye to control outcomes (ie create security or form alliances, etc); 5 could be characterized by seeking to gorge oneself on ideas and understanding, as a way to fill up the emptiness and gain a sense of competency before the ever-delayed attempt to join life; and 7s are characterized by a kind of scheming to escape (whatever is current that seems unpleasant) into a utopia of sorts, whether it's with ideas or hedonistic experiences or distracting interactions, etc.

----

Anyway, I type as 451. I dislike the tense 1 energy, but it is what it is for now.... I thought my integration point could explain it, but I often have more physical presence than I think I do. I put people on eggshells, which is telling...

Going with my interpretations, I have 5 energy but also a 5 wing. I have wondered if my constant need to theorize everything before taking any action was 6 strategizing, but I have no sense of combatting anything. It's really a substitute for living, a way to delay going out there & making a fool of myself because I don't know what I am doing and depleting my precious, scarce energy. I have a 5 wing too, which makes it all the more confusing. I certainly do some scheming to escape, but that can overlap with core 4 issues too. I admit I like the idea of being a philosopher or visionary more than a researcher...so dull...

tchudak

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've voted 458 which is not 100% inaccurate since I relate a lot with this tritype, but in reality I identify more with 548.

Researching about other members' tritype on Typology Central, Reddit and Personality Cafe, I've observed that INTP is, by far, the most common MBTI type who identifies with 548. Among those who identified as 548, more than 51% were INTPs. Also, I've came across a few ENTPs, INFJ and INFPs who identified themselves as 548. I'm trying to figure out why this tritype has such a prevalence of INTPs, and some inputs would be appreciated.

I'm an INTJ and I wonder how common is to INTJs to be typed as 548. So far i've only encountered 2 fellow INTJs who identified as 548.

Larix

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:huh:

The 2 description makes no sense...that is more likely how 9 or phobic 6 might show up...perhaps a very healthy social 2 may show up that way (and I know one who does, but I wouldn't call her prototypical). The 2 vice is PRIDE. The sx 2 is seductive and the sp 2 is entitled. The social 2 is the "helper" which dominates too many of the 2 profiles. IMO, 2 energy is often diva energy.... they present themselves as a gift, someone you should be impressed with and be influenced by.

IMO, 3s come across as polished and more restrained than 2s. 3s are vain, meaning they don't openly look for confirmation as much as 2s. They come across as more aloofly confident. 4s are also likely to have a regal, aloof air (elitism), but also may seem strange and disconnected (what people call "self-absorbed").

As for head fixes, I wonder if 6 could be characterized by strategy (even when it's interpersonal as with feeling phobic 6s), often with an eye to control outcomes (ie create security or form alliances, etc); 5 could be characterized by seeking to gorge oneself on ideas and understanding, as a way to fill up the emptiness and gain a sense of competency before the ever-delayed attempt to join life; and 7s are characterized by a kind of scheming to escape (whatever is current that seems unpleasant) into a utopia of sorts, whether it's with ideas or hedonistic experiences or distracting interactions, etc.

----

Anyway, I type as 451. I dislike the tense 1 energy, but it is what it is for now.... I thought my integration point could explain it, but I often have more physical presence than I think I do. I put people on eggshells, which is telling...

Going with my interpretations, I have 5 energy but also a 5 wing. I have wondered if my constant need to theorize everything before taking any action was 6 strategizing, but I have no sense of combatting anything. It's really a substitute for living, a way to delay going out there & making a fool of myself because I don't know what I am doing and depleting my precious, scarce energy. I have a 5 wing too, which makes it all the more confusing. I certainly do some scheming to escape, but that can overlap with core 4 issues too. I admit I like the idea of being a philosopher or visionary more than a researcher...so dull...

Sigh... I tend to feel dissatisfied with the tritype names, since there's so much variation. A 9w1, 5w6, 4w3 is really quite different than a 4w5, 5w4, 9w8 imo. And the terms "visionary" and "philosopher" can totally apply to 145's, there just aren't enough good words in the english language, I guess. Researcher feels a bit lackluster.

I also generally agree with your interpretations. I personally think Twos can be very interesting in that tritype and instinctual variant stacking can tweak how they appear. An 295, 296 or 297 sp/so or so/sp might appear more like a "servant," especially if they're a 2w1/ 9w1, and especially the 296. But that certainly isn't the case for a 28 or 21 type, who would likely be more imposing in their approach to relationships, especially sx/sp's, I'd imagine.

I'm a 459, btw. 4w5/5w4/9w8. But I sometimes wonder if 495 is a better fit. It can be tricky to decide whether I just play up my 9-ish qualities in social situations and drop them when I'm alone, or if my So/Sx instinctual variant makes me look more Nine-like in general. Or if 9 is in fact my second type and I'm not fully aware of it. I found it was easiest to decide on my tritype by looking at relationship styles and finding possible areas of inner conflict and conflict with others. The conflicts that resonated most were quite telling of my motivations, and how I respond to other peoples.'

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This is really good site since expains pretty much everything and it even has full tritype profiles, unlike the incomplete versions that can be founded around the internet.

LINK

315 - The Focused Consultant. Exacting, knowledge as means of projecting positive image. Hard working, challenging, know what is right way. 3w4, SO, SP.
Most intellectual/perfectionistic 3, rational 3, methodical/precise.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
458 - The Scholar archetype.

548 - The Hermeticist to be more specific.

Yay

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't know. I thought I knew, but I don't.

I thought my tritype was 469 for awhile, but some of the descriptions of 4 don't fully fit me (I don't focus on my feelings first and foremost, I focus on my thoughts. While I do feel "different" and things like that, i'm not trying hard to show off my individuality, or thinking about what people think of my individuality. Although I do value being your own individual. I guess I felt like 4 channeled my insecurity, but saying it's my personality doesn't seem right.

So I switched to 369 because three sounds like me, although I'm not big on reputation, I do hate loosing and I'm very success oriented. My biggest fear is failure and feeling like a "loser."

I'm a very skeptical person and i'm always questioning motives, I overthink many situations and I get paranoid easily. I value the truth over many other things and one of the most important things to me is people being honest with me. I'm always afraid people aren't being honest with me. I really relate to being a 6.

I don't relate to 9, 8, or 1. I just thought 9 was closer than the other two.

So I looked up the tritype 369, and it sounds nothing like me! I don't try to fit in to society, to be a perfect citizen. Everyone in society is different, and I don't try to adapt to the people around me. I was shocked. Now i'm just confused.:shrug:

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
PFF. I don't know anymore.

4w3 fits me as well as 3w4 if not a bit more in some ways, since I can be so deep(it's been suggested a bit, anyway). Yet 459 does not fit me as well as 359.

-_-

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From PersCafe tritype post

"5-8-4: original, rebellious, temperamental and highly individualistic and independent, these Fives are can be extremely self-focused and mostly unconcerned with other people’s feelings and wants. They are often inspired and have great vision which they strive to turn into reality – they have a practical side which helps them. Although brilliant and resourceful, others may find it hard to deal with their self-important, narcissistic behavior and their oversensitivity to frustration – their violent reactions can be scary. typical subtypes: sexual, 5w4, 5w6 (counterphobic wing) similar tritypes: 5-4-8, 8-5-4 flavours: resourceful, defiant, visionary and reactive"

Fairly accurate description but I have worked very hard to learn to play more nicely in the sandbox with others. A work in progress, but at least there has been progress.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
794 - a variation of the gentle spirit.