• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] 479 "Gentle Spirit" vs 469 "The Seeker"

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've been trying to find out my tritype and have narrowed my options down to 974 and 964. What's the differences between those two? Based on what y'all have seen of me do you think they'd be viable?

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Could anyone offer some suggestions?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
479 will be lighter, whichever leads it doesnt matter- the person will have a lighter overall affect than the 469, who will be more... 'hunched in on themself'.

Think of the effect of 6 being someone who peeks into a door before entering. In fact, a 469 might be hesitant to even ever open that door at all, the allure of it can be... threatening yet also stimulating.

Now, imo, a 479- they are more likely to fling that door open because the allure of WHATEVER the potential ends up being is stronger than the urge to... stop, and consider alternatives(consequences)

The 469 is going to be sitting, looking at that door and... questioning. Why is it there. What is behind it. Do I want to open it? Why should I? What does it mean.

AND REALLY. 'What does it mean?' is going to more than likely somehow find a way of extending back to the self. In a WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO ME? Sort of way.

And of course you know that Im not talking about a literal door here- more just how this type would face just about EVERY ASPECT OF LIFE.

HERE Ill throw this at you. Think of 469 as just a sponge. It sits there and absorbs the world around it. Weighing itself down- its a sponge, it has to, its what it DOES, and there is so much to be gathered. And you have to gather EVERYTHING. Everything. Because if you leave something out... you are potentially leaving out a PART OF YOU. So your whole life is spent just trying to perfect that constantly changing formula that you have sucked up- becoming you your spongey self along the way.

It might be a pain. You might just be tempted to stop- hey why go through the PAIN of squeezing so much of what you have gained out of yourself again. But, you will HAVE TO. Because if it isnt right... it will EAT AT YOU. The knowledge that maybe, maybe just the next thing you absorb will be right--- it will always be in your line of sight. But you dont rush to absorb it. You dont... because then... its just not careful enough. Its too exhausting. You have to be careful, you want it to be right, you cant tell if you dont look at it.

But the 479. The 479. Its a rusher. It has similar goal- understanding the self. 4 pushes for it and so does 9- in different ways- but both CRAVE a solid self- self acknowledgement. And 479- no matter the order, wants it soo badly- that it just cant contain itself. So it goes running at every little possibility. And it is able to fall into that 7 a little bit, gathering it for the self while also being able to feel a sense of removal from the self that is just not possible with the 469- so it jumps again and again- both to fill and both to get a break.

So it appears happier- but it IS running just the same.

Anyways, my tritype shit tends to be convoluted so... here.

6 will be more hesitant. Probably a bit more withdrawn than a 7 influence. 7 will appear more positive- backed by 9, if 4 isnt first, it might appear downright cheery- more continuously than 469 in any combination ever will(though it can have periods of mmm.... excitableness, itll just... there will be more obvious cracks in the facade)

Anyways. as I said. I can be a bit uh... outerspacy. But hopefully this stimulates others because I LOVE this.

Itd be especially cool though if someone wanted to come and help me relate something to you because Im sorta piss poor at that sometimes. Can be more indirect and lectury sometimes and yeah. I just my head doesnt always wanna Fe so much.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So like basically 469 is a much more anxious version of 479? Interesting. I relate to chunk about absorbing information, and the chunk about 479's way of gathering information.

D'Ascoyne

Based on my observations around the forum and from reading your posts, you strike me more as the 974 than the 964. You're very knowledgeable and very generous with sharing your knowledge; you're also very helpful and enthusiastic in a gentle way. Not to say the 964 isn't any of those things, but I think your M.O. and general vibes lines up more with Seven.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
469s are weightier. The 479, when 4 is leading, could pass as a positive outlook type. Less stereotypically 4-ish.

You seem 974.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thanks for the input every one!

Azlq5

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
I think I'm 974, and I definitely relate to what people said here about being perhaps a bit more flighty. Maybe the 469 will be like "what does it mean, if I do this will I be true to myself?" It's not that I've never considered that question, but perhaps when given new opportunities 479 is more likely to think, "this new activity/opportunity might become important to me if I just try it out! I should explore that possibility." The idea that there is a part of yourself in the outside world that you need to "discover" and "acquire" rather than everything about yourself being "within" and only needs unraveling.