• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Heart Center: 4 or 2?

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm pretty certain of my MBTI type and first two of my Enneagram tritype but figuring out my heart center is proving to be a bit of a struggle, I think most likely because I relate the least to those heart types. I figured I was 592 as I regularly scored that in tests and of 2, 3 & 4 I related to the descriptors of 2 a bit better than 4 and much better than 3 (though I feel when I was younger I may have related to 3 a lot more). I got type 4 doing Mal12345's Enn test though and I think 4 in the tritype is more common for INTPs right?

Type 2: This whole idea of wanting to be appreciated for helping others, I do think I feel that way quite a bit, it took some thinking to realise that though. I would say I want to be liked, not sure if desiring to be loved is necessarily right but I definitely would like to be liked, though I don't think I go out of my way to make that happen. I do put myself in situations where I help someone when it's really not beneficial to me and sometimes strain myself a little to help someone out when it probably isn't necessary. This being said it doesn't happen too often cos I question what's appropriate and when, so I'm kind of awkward with helping out unless a perfect situation happens where I can easily offer help. I like to help make things easy for people even if it makes things hard for me and I actually enjoy it, seeing other people happy makes me happy. I can't relate to being emotionally expressive ofc or devoting a lot of time to other people; I do adore my family and close friends a lot, and often just like to be in their company, expressing this is tough for me though. Can't relate with asserting myself and getting all up in people's business, though I would like to do those things to an extent.

Type 4: As with Type 2 idk if I necessarily desire having/creating an identity. As with the desire to be love, they are both things I can take or leave. Why I didn't ever consider 4 properly was because I'm not that interested in creating an identity for myself and I don't believe I'm much different from other people. Type 4 describes being creative and I also don't think I'm as creative as I'd like to believe I am, though given the circumstance I can be quite creative. I can relate to wanting to have an impact or significance I suppose but it's not really that important to me? I can relate to looking at my own motives, contradictions and feelings quite honestly and being aware that what people show is a constructed persona potentially different from their real self. I think any thoughts I have of being unique from other people are mostly shallow and fleeting. I can relate to withdrawing when stressed and being pretty introspective, can't relate to being sensitive.

There's this:

'Fours and Twos can both be emotionally expressive, and Fours, like Twos, can experience neediness under stress, but it is Twos, especially those who have artistic inclinations, who are more likely to mistype as Fours than the converse. The principle difference centers around the fact that Twos tend to be focused on others, whereas Fours tend toward self-absorption. Fours are introspective and tend to magnify their perceived flaws whereas Twos tend to have a self-flattering self-image.'

I think I lean towards focusing more on others than being self absorbed. And I defo don't have a self-flattering image and lean towards magnifying my flaws.

Lastly, I think I relate a little more to the 594 description here than the 592, though I can relate to both pretty well:

5-9-4: reclusive, modest, discreet and quite dreamy and unassertive, such Fives possess a vast imagination in which they spend most of their time among their theories, fantasies and vivid memories. They have a somewhat bohemian charm to them – they are relaxed, casual, creative and a bit reckless. Usually pleasant and undisturbed on the outside, they hide complex inner worlds in which reality interweaves with fantasy, real with imaginary, the objective with the subjective. These Fives are gentle, sensitive and avoidant and tend to express their anger in a passive-aggressive manner.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, sexual, 5w4
similar tritypes: 5-4-9, 9-5-4, 4-5-9
flavours: laid-back, unconventional, imaginative and random

5-9-2: rather easy-going, modest and amiable, these Fives are usually pleasant to have around because of their friendly nature and deeper understanding of the human needs and frailties. They are less judgemental and critical than other Fives and prefer to focus on the better side of things and people and work on exploring and improving these. They also have a somewhat holistic approach to life’s problems and questions – they tend to prefer the general to the particular and aren’t always very scientifically thorough.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, social, 5w4
similar tritypes: 5-2-9, 9-5-2
flavours: agreeable, relaxed, friendly and spiritual

Also I have no clue for instinctual stackings, all I know is I'm sp first af.

TL;DR - It's not exactly pressing but idk if I'm 594 or 592. Since no one knows me, any qs I could answer that can confirm whether I'm more 2 or 4? And while you're at it, how do I go about figuring out if sp/so or sp/sx, tnx~

I think I got totally ignored last time I tried to make a thread about my inst stacking so any reply would be nice *glares*

D'Ascoyne

Do you know your wings? If you're 5w4 that could be what's making it trickier to decide between 2 and 4.

My non-professional take is you seem more like a 592. Part of it is your avatar, because many Twos have a comedic, goofy side to them. They love to make people smile/laugh/feel good. There is a strong desire for pleasurable connection. By comparison, the Four focus on connection is somewhat less focused on the pleasurable, enjoyableness. Connection for Fours is a lot more raw, can be a bit darker.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ignoring the descriptions which are just other people's ways synthesizing their own understanding, it looks to me like you relate more to 2s motivation of finding appreciation through positive contribution than 4s motivation of distilling and protecting the true self from an antagonistic reality.

Both are trying to find self worth but 2s want it to manifest outside themselves and 4s want it to manifest within despite the actual acceptance needing to happen in the opposite place.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Do you know your wings? If you're 5w4 that could be what's making it trickier to decide between 2 and 4.

My non-professional take is you seem more like a 592. Part of it is your avatar, because many Twos have a comedic, goofy side to them. They love to make people smile/laugh/feel good. There is a strong desire for pleasurable connection. By comparison, the Four focus on connection is somewhat less focused on the pleasurable, enjoyableness. Connection for Fours is a lot more raw, can be a bit darker.

I'm 5w6 & 9w1. Tbh I was pretty sure a while ago, but this website likes to have people questioning their types gdi. Ahh, your description about connection makes 2 sound more right I suppose. Though I don't really like when people use avatars to figure out someone's type, I honestly don't feel they correlate that much, my avatar could easily have been something pretty dark and monotone if I felt like it at the time tbh. I remember trying to decide between a few very different choices, maybe what won out in the end was my 2 coming out though who knows :p

This is Socionics, but you might find this helpful when considering your instinctual stacking: Instinct workshop notes sp,so,sx

And thanks, I'll give this a look!

Ignoring the descriptions which are just other people's ways synthesizing their own understanding, it looks to me like you relate more to 2s motivation of finding appreciation through positive contribution than 4s motivation of distilling and protecting the true self from an antagonistic reality.

Both are trying to find self worth but 2s want it to manifest outside themselves and 4s want it to manifest within despite the actual acceptance needing to happen in the opposite place.

Oh okay, I see what you mean. Though I feel like I do have a bit of both, like I definitely like to express my truest self, though it's not something I actively work on and I'm not sure if that's what makes the difference between a 4 and someone who isn't. Also for self worth, I don't know but I feel as if I inwardly don't relate my self worth to what people think of me but I'm always put in situations where I feel like I have to. That could just be me realising that I manifest my self worth outwardly and not being pleased with it though. Thanks for your input btw! :)

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You seem more 2ish than 4ish. Well for one thing 4s have a much darker intense air, you seem pretty light and overall more people focused. You also stated relating to 2s motivations more than 4s. I think your current tritype suites you quite well.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
You seem more 2ish than 4ish. Well for one thing 4s have a much darker intense air, you seem pretty light and overall more people focused. You also stated relating to 2s motivations more than 4s. I think your current tritype suites you quite well.

Thanks, okay, pretty convinced I should stay 592 now. :p