• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Was it easy for you to identify your core fears and desires?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I easy identified my core desire of having security and support, but not the basic fear of being without support and guidance. I blame that on my 5 wing.

My reasoning for thinking I have 3 and 8 fixes were based solely on the basic desires and fears. These were relatively easy to figure out. Assuming they are correct.

Basically I want to know if you could identify your own core fears and desires before you knew your type. Or if it took time to discover/accept it.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I still don't really know what mine are.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I definitely identified with the 5s fear of always feeling unprepared for the chaos of life, and hoarding information to feel competent. I sorta gave this fear up long ago it seems... in fact now I'm more prone to ignoring information and just hoping for the best and hoping life takes me somewhere desirable.

I somewhat relate to the Enneagram 9 fear of conflict, separation, and unpleasant/traumatic emotional experiences because I'm usually the one who separates from the person as a result of fearing they will abandon me first or that the relationship is not going to work out or is not worth it. Though I deal with losses quite well I'm decent at moving on, probably because I don't put much emotional energy into the relationship in the first place. o.0 But I do have a fear of being alone and without support.... a life without someone is simply not worth living, as it prohibits so many opportunities to enjoy oneself by the sharing of experiences.

The enneagram 4 fear of being flawed and meaningless.... idk I think I am both of those right now, even though I would prefer to strive for perfecting myself and being the best me possible... I would if I know who I was.

á´…eparted

passages
I sort of knew what my core drives, fears, and issues were but I denied a lot of them for a long time. A few of them I had so successfully suppressed that I didn't even think I possessed several aspects of myself. It took some time for me to admit them, or realize it was a thing. For the longest time I used to think "oh I don't get angry and I don't have a temper". For many years that was true because I suppressed it so significantly that it wasn't even a thing with me externally or at a point of awareness. We all know that the notion that I don't have anger or a temper is utterly laughable.

I think a large reason for why I wasn't aware of all my drives and issues is due to my 3-fix. My image matters and how I see myself also matters a ton. If I see or think of something in myself I see as unacceptable I will reject it and either work on it, around it, or bury it. Ultimately I have nearly all the drives and fears of a 1w2 (suppression, anger, and fear or being corrupt/evil), even though for many years, despite knowing my type, I thought I was an exception to the rule.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not really, well for one thing my core type is 9w1, and you know what 9s are like. I originally thought I was a 5w6 but then I realized that it wasn't who I actually am. I went through a but load of types until I looked at 9, suddenly my typing worries made sense.

My 4 fix was slightly easier. I could see it clearly but I couldn't relate to the "ohh so emotional" "drama" parts of 4, but the core aspects fit. I think my instinctual stacking is to blame.

The 7 fix was pretty hard, but once I realized that it was there it kinda makes sense.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
They were easy to identify because they are two sides of the same coin.

Fear: Being controlled or harmed by others
Desire: To protect myself and be in control of my own life/destiny.

I didn't have any issue with accepting these as I learned more about enneagram at all. They feel so strong, and I suspect many 8's would agree, they're impossible to not recognize.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Note at all. (or parhaps it is more correct to say I was surpresing what I really am for the sake of being "acceptable" to people in half toalitarian environment)

Why ? (I believe the answer to that is written all over the forum)

Here is even one of my posts all the way from 2008.

I had to take this test two times becuse my english created some problems in the process and I ended up with ENTJ.
And there is no chance that I am E.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.5)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************* (21.6)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************************** (39.9)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************************** (41.7)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************************** *** (53.3)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************** (44.1)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *** (4)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************** (16.3)
limited use

Many people don't understand how someone so introverted can have so strong Te.They are always shocked when I turn myself from dumb and wordless freak into a guy who can debate everything and bash all of their arguments with ease.
My family hates when I do that. However I do it often and without mercy becuse I don't have Fe.
This finally explains why I have the impression that I am very introverted ENTJ.

Plus as I was physically cured from my health problems my Se increased. Also as I finished education that was choking me my Fe also inceased while Ti/Ne dropped. Leaving completelly clear ENTJish structure behind.

Cognitive Proces Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************* (31.7)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************** (22.8)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************ (24.5)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39.8)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************************************** (47.2)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************** (29.6)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************* (21.4)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************** (23.6)
limited use

Same with ennegram. I started as 583 but switched to 513 since I saw myself as more constructive and nobile than the profiles. But that still wasn't perfect fit and that was because test was describing my life circumstances more than actual me. Since I wasn't happy with any of this I started trully explore all kinds of combinations and eventually realized that the starting point is wrong. I am not a 5 but 8w9 that is completely socially deconstructed due to extreme circumstances ... and at that point everyting started to trully fit in. For example my 1ish tendencies are just my very bitter and very unfulfiled arrow towars e2.

So yeah, it took a while to clean up the mess in psychological and practical sense. :D

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There are so many fears of course, but the first thing that pop in my mind are security fears, uncertainty about future specially that things around me are only getting worse, progress is very limited..
And I'm always afraid to be put in situations where I'd be forced to choose either my morals or consequences that goes beyond my ability to bear, I don't know where this fear is coming from..
My desire is to just live peacefully and secure, achieve my goals, and to be loved :)

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yep, enneagram nailed it. I've always seeked or created some kind of constant stimuli to distract myself from dealing with real pain and suffering and when I actually do deal with it I try to disassociate from it or couch it in humor.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
Haha, nope. I bounced around between a few different types and still sometimes find myself identifying more with types other than my own.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No.

Reading through everything when I was in a poor state didn't bring much clarity.

I took one test and it gave me 694. When I first read the 469 Seeker Tritype description, I cried for an hour.

Another also put 6 and 4 near the top with 9.

Others keep bringing up the 2 and 3..

I know 9w8 is in my tritype. I do wonder if it is my core or not.

6w5 is pretty dead on for a head fix, but I don't believe it is my core.

When I was in an unhealthy state, I resembled the poor states of the 9 most of all.

I can't hold a heart fix well. All three resonate with me. I likely just am not as healthy as I would like to think I am and can't see clearly.....nothing new there....

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I found it quite easy. Enneagram has been helpful for me in my personal life and trying to manage things, actually (a practical application!). For me learning the core fears/desires was a real game-changer. Going based on descriptions, I thought I was a 4w3 for the longest time, but my core desire is nothing like that of a 4. Of course, I relate to much of 4, but it's not the strongest for me.

It's also important to think about integration/disintegration and how that plays a role in everything. I relate strongly to 2, but my integration/disintegration is far closer to that of a 6.

Think of how the type tries to obtain that desire. Two types may seem very close in their description or even their desire, but pondering their methods of going about it can be helpful. I think.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No. I have a hard time understanding myself, and I contradict myself often without even realizing it. My self-awareness is lacking.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My needs for autonomy and progress have always been clear. I lost sight of my fears somewhere over the horizon. I don't care for carrying a ball and chain wherever I go.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I resisted being a 3 for a long time because I didn't relate to the stereotype. I will admit that most of my life, my self-worth seemed to be predicated upon on how much people "valued" me and how "useful" I was to them.

My image seems to be about being knowledgeable and competent so I have a very strong 5-fix. In a way, my brain is the bargaining chip and my looks make me non-threatening.

My MO is to be overall agreeable so 9 fits pretty well.

The tritype was VERY easy to find, because I truly relate to the "triple-hidden" element... wanting acknowledgment but being reticent to it.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
No.

Reading through everything when I was in a poor state didn't bring much clarity.

I took one test and it gave me 694. When I first read the 469 Seeker Tritype description, I cried for an hour.

Another also put 6 and 4 near the top with 9.

Others keep bringing up the 2 and 3..

I know 9w8 is in my tritype. I do wonder if it is my core or not.

6w5 is pretty dead on for a head fix, but I don't believe it is my core.

When I was in an unhealthy state, I resembled the poor states of the 9 most of all.

I can't hold a heart fix well. All three resonate with me. I likely just am not as healthy as I would like to think I am and can't see clearly.....nothing new there....

I see you as more 1w9 than a 9w8.

Your heart fix would be 2w3

Your head fix would be 6w5

My impressions only, pay no heed if you don't find it useful.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see you as more 1w9 than a 9w8.

Your heart fix would be 2w3

Your head fix would be 6w5

My impressions only, pay no heed if you don't find it useful.

I definitely agree with the 2w3 typing in the tritype, because the whole MO in his private blog seems overtly 2. I honestly can't see 3 or 4 as a core heart type. I see 926: The Good Samaritan.

I have known a few 3w2 EXFJs, and they are a bit emotionally callous with others... charming as hell but there is a strong reciprocation element into how it fits into their goals/visions. SfP comes off just more as someone who wants to feel needed... very 2ish.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wasn't easy for me at all. I related to 3, 6, and 7, as much as 1. Initially I thought I worried too much to be a 1, and was too relaxed/fun-loving. I didn't define myself based on anger, as much as I defined myself based on my drive to achieve and get things done, and the anxiety and neurosis surrounding any and all failures to do what I set out to do.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Snickie still doesn't completely identify with her current assumed tritype.

Thinking about core fears and desires, I looked up a summary of each type, and I'm beginning to wonder if 3 doesn't fit better than 4. (My heart fix has always been the most difficult for me to identify, whereas I am definitely 5 and 9w1.)

The Nine Enneagram Personality Types by Diane morrin
Type Three: The Achiever: success-oriented, ambitious, pragmatic, adaptable, excelling, driven, and image-conscious. Their basic fear is of being worthless. Their basic desire is to feel valuable and worthwhile. Type Three wants others to think well of them. They are externally motivated and often become workaholics to be seen in a positive light by their employer. They also care about their appearance and often belong to workout centers and are well dressed. They tend to be status-conscious and driven for advancement. The core issue for this type is deceit. When all is going well they are charming, energetic, family oriented and loyal. When all is going poorly they become lost, procrastinate, can't make up their minds, and tend to hang around in a quandary.

Type Four: The Individualist: sensitive, withdrawn, expressive, introspective, creative, moody, dramatic, self-absorbed, temperamental. Their basic fear is that they have no identity or personal significance. Their basic desire is to find themselves and their significance. This type defines their life through their emotions and feelings, not life's content. They feel they do not need to live in a 'normal' way. They also feel as if they are fatally flawed. They are tragic romantics, and look back regretfully at lost opportunities. Their core issue is envy. When all is going well they can organize their lives and find direction. When all is going poorly they become emotional, depressed, indulge in self pity, and can become potentially suicidal.

(Also according to this site, there's no way I'm a 2.)

PerC: