• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Was it easy for you to identify your core fears and desires?

James1980

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm still struggling with it. I'm either 9w8 or 7w6 probably. 7 because I HATE boredom to the point where I'm doing something routine and I'll fuck it up because I'm thinking or doing something else simultaneously. When I'm really bored or at home alone I start to have all those negative thoughts coming up and try to distract myself by listening to pleasant music and then its woo ha back on my high again! As for the 9 in me, I'm thinking why are you mad at me for not putting out the trash. When people get mad at me I will either convert it to humour or say something like "why are you mad, its not like its the end of the word and we are all going to die". I only get passive aggressive if I can't say anything back like when at work, I value my job too much to be too cheeky, then they can just watch my anger build and there like "don't worry..." before saying anything. I'm not sure if I look anxious when I'm angry. But once that 8 wing kicks in its like, yeah I'm the control freak now, get outta my way! I could be quite rude and aggressive when I was younger.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm still trying to figure out why 5 and 4 are separate numbers.

I took the enneacards test after I realized the resources I had previously used were junk. Tritype it gave me was much more accurate than the original Tritype that I had chosen. The core fears and weaknesses seemed like surface-level stuff, though. 925 so/sx, btw.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm still struggling with it. I'm either 9w8 or 7w6 probably. 7 because I HATE boredom to the point where I'm doing something routine and I'll fuck it up because I'm thinking or doing something else simultaneously. When I'm really bored or at home alone I start to have all those negative thoughts coming up and try to distract myself by listening to pleasant music and then its woo ha back on my high again! As for the 9 in me, I'm thinking why are you mad at me for not putting out the trash. When people get mad at me I will either convert it to humour or say something like "why are you mad, its not like its the end of the word and we are all going to die". I only get passive aggressive if I can't say anything back like when at work, I value my job too much to be too cheeky, then they can just watch my anger build and there like "don't worry..." before saying anything. I'm not sure if I look anxious when I'm angry. But once that 8 wing kicks in its like, yeah I'm the control freak now, get outta my way! I could be quite rude and aggressive when I was younger.

7w8.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Yes. I knew and accepted my desires/fears long before I learned that I was 8w7. It just confirmed what I already knew.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
determing my core fears and desires had little to do with how i identified my type... i just looked at thought processes... i guess that fears and desires are thought based, but it wasn't really on my mind much... outside of typology it is very easy... i am afraid of danger and caring more about people than they do me... i am not afraid of anything that isn't a real threat to my well being (like clowns or anything silly)... as far as desires, i want everyone to "play nice" and understand as much about everything as i can...

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I found it rather easy, but then again, I'm in my 30s and have had years of living with myself to sort that sort of shit out

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I found it rather easy, but then again, I'm in my 30s and have had years of living with myself to sort that sort of shit out
What if you lost 12 years of your personality would it still be easy?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For me it was easiest to see the less-healthy-average 4 description in myself, which is ultimately how I decided on my type. I guess fears/preoccupations are part of that. None of the disintegration paths of the other e-types resonated much with me.

I don't really know what I think about tritype/how useful it is.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mine were easy because they were the ones that were hard to accept :shrug:

Rouskyrie

I easy identified my core desire of having security and support, but not the basic fear of being without support and guidance. I blame that on my 5 wing.

My reasoning for thinking I have 3 and 8 fixes were based solely on the basic desires and fears. These were relatively easy to figure out. Assuming they are correct.

Basically I want to know if you could identify your own core fears and desires before you knew your type. Or if it took time to discover/accept it.

When I first discovered the Enneagram, upon reading through the fears, 9, 2 and 5's fears instantly resonated with me. However, it took some time to figure out that 9's fear impacted me the most, 2's fear impacted me almost as much and that 5's fear impacted me a little less than 2's fear.

Ayuhime

It sort of was? 5 and 9 were pretty easy to pinpoint but it took longer to figure out 3. 3w4 sp/so with heart type being last one in my tritype made it a bit muddy- Also, I was pretty depressed when I first got into Enneagram so I was most likely disintegrating as well. (9w1---> cp6 and 4ish mood)

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I identify with the fears of types 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, and 9--nearly the entire Enneagram. So no, from that point of view, it isn't easy identifying my core fear.

Mechnick

The Crow
Yes, I can. The fear of not being aprecciated enough, and the basic raw fear for survival. But now, with ages it's almost non-existent.
I accepted myself as I am, and accepted life as it is. So, I dont fear death, we are mere mortals. But, I dont fear life, which is more important. Because fear of death is just not accepting the life.

When I talk about past fear of not being aprecciated enough, today, I dont care about being aprecciated at all. The only person to whom I must show appreciation credit is me.
Im sober about being NT minority in the S driving majority world, and it s the other way arround - they must earn credits to being appreciated by me.
I am accomplished.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not really, because they're worded sort of poorly to me. At face value, 5 and 8 would probably be the most relatable... I typed as 5 for some time when I was getting into enneagram. However, I don't really exhibit the coping behaviors of either of those two types.

I never would have chosen 6 as part of my tritype based on the fears/desires, but I think that's a common thing for those who are within the counterphobic spectrum. After learning more about 6 past the shitty stereotypes, I can see it in me (though I don't think it's anywhere near my core fear or desire).

yubitzu

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I mistyped myself as just about everything,so I'd say "no"

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No

I'm still unsure but I'm trying on a new suit I'm realizing might be me after all

There's too many possibilities

1st

Tritype wise 359, 469, 479, all strongly relate to me in certain strong ways

2nd

I identify wiht the core fears of more than I should

3 - Fear of failure, desire success
4 - Fear of being a nobody, to find my significance is EVERYTHING to me, and I do that in my personal projects I work on, and my desire to be an entertainer (twitch, youtube)
5 - Fear the outside world, not being prepared
6 - Fear the outside world, being without support when it comes to legal things i don't understand
7 - Fear of missing out, there's so much to see and do and I can't let go of it, I have so many ideas and so many desires to express myself And I wanna experience everything eventually (commitment issues, want to travel eventually)
9 - Fear of loss and seperation (attachment issues occasionally cuz bpd stuff), desire to have inner stability, harmony, peace of some sort. definitely

Yada yada yada too many possibilities

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was pretty solid on what I feared from the get go, but it took me awhile to order them correctly. Going by conscious fears, I probably would've typed myself as 1w9 5w6 3w4 (with 1 and 5 being a close tie; Ironically this is not too far off). It took me analyzing my behavior and recognizing myself as a 9 core before I could relate to the fears of 9 decently.